Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

BrianBoitano posted:

Second ranked game of the season, opponent got their money's worth

Still clawed victory back thanks to my meme friend Arcane Bombardment + Invoke Despair. Did literally nothing until turn 6 though :v:

Why would you keep this hand lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Quotey posted:

i was actually the model for that card, and it's a stunning likeness- even got the positions of my bellybuttons perfectly, and my love for cobbling bones is clear

here's wizard's 4K one

https://media.wizards.com/2022/y23/en_23_Printed_ReezugtheBonecobbler.png

well, the text is HD at least

Why are you so upset at an artist using a different art style

Also am I missing something or do you need to give this perpetual -1/-1 from another card or else it does nothing?

Edit- the thing I am missing is that it says “greater,” not “less.”

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

MikeCrotch posted:

In Diamond 2 limited, pondering a cheeky mythic run

What're you playing?

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Imagine every salty, unwashed nerd you've ever played against IRL who rages at literally evereything when they lose/are losing.
All of them play Magic online also and take every opportunity possible to flame you and bitch and call you slurs in chat. Happened all the time on MTGO.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Enlist has a really annoying high-pitched “SHIINNNNNGGGGG” noise that persists even after you are done attacking with them. I didn’t realize how sensitive my ears were until I was playing Monowhite with the Enlist cards.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Second draft (3-3 on my first draft with a W/B deck), EZ game when you get passed the nuts in open colors.

First picked Glissa; I probably could have splashed her but didn't feel like making my deck worse.
Probably should not be playing the colorless land here with how many 1 drops I had but I thought it was funny.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

thespaceinvader posted:

I'm drafting my third one now and I haven't yet opened a pack 1 pick 1 rare I've taken :(

I actually didn't realize until you said this that the only rare in my deck I won with was the silly land I probably shouldn't have even played. Pretty wild.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

quite stretched out posted:

the most annoying thing about wanting specific basic lands is that you can craft alt arts for any other card at any time by going to the variant preference picker thing, but basic lands you can only craft the crappy borderless ones (parallax or whatever you call them) of the current set. i dont have to wait for the unfinity shattered sanctum art to come back around in the store if i want it right now but heaven forbid i want eg the NEO forest done by Ezoi

Yep. You gotta spend gems on a pair of the good ones and lock in and only use them.

That's why I'm super happy I joined the first Arena Open to get my Godzilla lands, they're so great (except the Forest, which I use the full-art Kamigawa drawing one).

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

First trophy of 3 drafts (6-x, 4-x), this deck was wild. The 2R Backup Fling Vampire is dumb as hell.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Horace Kinch posted:

My takeaway from this format is that it's VOW all over again. Open palm-slam your bombs asap or you lose. My only attempt so far went 3-3.

It's not

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

thespaceinvader posted:

It was Bitterblossom this morning. Turn 2 bitterblossom, couldn't find an answer, op has endless chumps whilst the build a big enough force to just smash.

My first sealed game of the format I got Bitterblossom'd into Kellan into Raging Battle-Mouse, felt so loving bad

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

KHANS, KHANS, KHANS, KHANS, KHANS, KHANS, KHANS, KHANS, KHANS, KHANS, KHANS, KHANS

Excited to draft the best format of all time again, time to force 5c for the first two drafts I'm still in Bronze/Silver while there's a chance the people in my pod don't know that's the best strat if it's open.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

https://mtgazone.com/deck/timeless-dredgeless-dredge-by-steknoll-16-mythic-january-2024-ranked-season/

Been playing this deck yesterday and today and plowing through bo1 with it, Timeless rules.
Most of the losses are just from me not sequencing things right because I'm playing so fast.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Oh hey, split cards

edit- Oops, meant to post this in the main thread. Oh well.

GonSmithe fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Jan 20, 2024

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

flatluigi posted:

that's an interesting phrase for an alchemy card

Oh wow, yeah, that's a pretty clear indication multiplayer is coming lol

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Time posted:

i really love this limited format

I suck rear end at it so far but I've been having a ton of fun doing the actual drafting and playing.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

A Moose posted:

Jasper Flint is probably one of the biggest bombs in the set. You need to have removal for it immediately, if you let them untap with it, the game tips radically in your opponent's favor. In limited they probably played at least one outlaw before him, so they're looking at the top couple cards of your deck which means that he almost never whiffs, so not only is he drawing them 1+ cards from your deck, but they're playable cards, and if they're creatures, they snowball him.

Even if you only let him stick around for a couple turns before finding removal, that's probably already enough of an advantage to beat you. Especially if they stole your bombs or removal. Also, he's a 3-drop. At least Bonny Pall costs 6.

Yeah that card is a house, I won a game where I had like 3 cards left in my deck because of him + my own Stubborn Burrowfiend (the mount that mills you), just barely because I drew the right removal that wasn't gone from my deck. He only had like 2 outlaws out most of the game.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Speaking of which, idk if it got brought up in this thread but make sure you are raredrafting Vault cards if you are drafting. In draft packs they have the same odds as in paper (1/5 mythics) but in Arena packs it's some insane odds like you have a 1/20 chance, once you open a mythic, of it replacing that mythic with a Vault card.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

The Abuelo combo works, but it's also vulnerable to instant speed removal killing the Spirit token, so keep some in your hand if you see Rakdos or Metamorph hitting the GY.

This is true, but it also can just combo again as soon as they draw another Abuelo's, or the Saga that lets them play the copy from the graveyard. So you need graveyard exile to 100% kill it.

It's a super fun deck to play and usually wins on turn 4 or 5, and your opponent is normally tapped out on those turns to play a big 4 drop or something.

Elesh Norn also stops it.

GonSmithe fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Apr 22, 2024