Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I mean if you want to post about other things, you can and I think that would be great. I read all the other posts that come up here and think they're cool for the most part, I share other Magic things I see here when I think they're relevant

it would be cool if you didn’t monopolize the thread with constant bad vibes it makes me not want to read or post in it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Went into the set completely blind for commons and uncommons. I am really enjoying just figuring it out by drafting and playing and saying “oh gently caress that deck/card is cool”. have had a lot of success so far with the b/w sac deck. Mana on this was loose and I lost 2 games to it but I went 7 wins on the back of the 7 horses. That card is really good (or is right now before people filter into better drafts/builds)

28-9 so far in the new format

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Huxley posted:

Sometimes I'll concede games I'm probably technically winning just because I'm bored. Or if I make a blunder and get mad at myself even if it isn't game-losing.

Just like, when it's time to be doing something else I just hit da brix. If I'm x-2 in a draft but the deck is annoying I'll just queue and scoop someone a win. Life's short.

Agreed with all

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
green ftw

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
I’m betting black will continue to be strong throughout standard. The cards not the mono black deck specifically

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
I always forget there are weird ppl who get tilted by certain styles of cards lol

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

precision posted:

and there are weird people who think it's actually useful or cool to lol at people on the internet. it's a hosed up world, to be sure

Lol

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Hooplah posted:

i'm too dumb for this game

We all are. Playing a perfect game of magic is very, very hard. Be kind when evaluating your own play :)

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Judgy Fucker posted:

If they un-nerfed cards that got the alchemy treatment (Luminarch Aspirant, DRC, etc.) I'd be more inclined to play Historic as the true high-power format on Arena. There's some cool poo poo in there (Esper Sentinel :swoon:) but it's weird to me that they put in "eternal" cards like ES but also include the toned-down cards of alchemy.

yeah its stupid. for a while it was the best constructed format in magic then they hosed it up on purpose lol

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Judgy Fucker posted:

I don't know what pioneer's meta is like but wouldn't a better answer than banning cards be "hurry the gently caress up and give us the rest of pioneer" so there's more than two top-tier decks?

i have bad news for you about the pioneer meta

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

precision posted:

remember when people were seriously saying that Sheoldred would get banned lmao

no I don’t remember that

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Lone Goat posted:

There were definitely people IN THIS VERY THREAD saying it, maybe you have them on ignore

oh I thought it was implicit we were talking about, like, ppl who are good and put a lot of thought into constructed which I didn’t see at all, even here

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
That’s not a shot at anyone I just didn’t see anything like that but maybe remember some post match salt which is a very different thing

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

resistentialism posted:

Murktide regent

absolutely not the case lol. In modern murktide isn’t even a top 3 deck atm and in legacy it’s just a creature that gets hit with plow. EI is a problem in that format for sure though and would send delver back to the pack with a ban

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Jim Davis does suck to listen to also he’s bad at the card game of magic the gathering. I’m hostile to him

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

MikeCrotch posted:

MTGO used to have ELO back in the day and it was as exactly as demoralising as you think lol

Well that and if you lost the first round of a draft you just pissed ten bux up the wall

it still has elo that you can see at any time

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Haven’t played very much limited this month after hitting mythic last month but I just drafted the first deck I have had in this format where the 3/2 that loses you life was good. Very fun deck when it’s open

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Second draft of the day:

Was originally in blue instead of white because I saw 3 essence scatters in pack 1 but then I didn’t see another blue card for 2 packs. Spec pick wing mantle got moved into the deck and I hoped I to see any other playable white cards and, luckily, I saw some.

This deck had no margin for error during gameplay but we got there:

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Horace Kinch posted:

I refuse the believe matchmaking isn't rigged, trying to play delver and either I flood out or all my spells get purged by a goddamn lion sash.

Lol

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Format is easy. Just draft good cards

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Another one. Wasn’t going to go for mythic but I might stumble into it. Really like the format right now and it seems like this deck is open almost every draft right now (even if this has more filler than the last couple). Got to play my favorite line of the format 3 times with this deck where you reanimate a rager with the balduvian guy and then sac the rager to bone shards

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Lol

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

kalel posted:

hope you have 17L turned on and leaderboard enabled so people can see these trophies and wonder what the gently caress is going on

I only play on my phone so nope. Rip

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
NEO is still my favorite format of all time. I don’t care for eldraine but I recognize that it is objectively well designed and the gameplay is good.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

thespaceinvader posted:

? Territorial maro was pretty solid in DMU and it's a 5 mana 6/66 or 8/8 in most decks that run it, 10/10 sometimes.

It's not game winning but it's gonna outsize basically anything on the ground and that's often enough to stabilise a game.

But yeah as a mythic it's not exactly lighting anything on fire.

Territorial maro is a weird card to compare this to

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

This is the best deck I have drafted this format imo. Everything good in blue wheeled, might not have been another player in it at the table

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Feels good to bully gold opponents with the rank reset

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Zero VGS posted:

I think I'm ready for Bro War, is this enough F2P gold? Also how does my vault progress look :five:

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Zero VGS posted:

Yeah yeah still got more rare WC let’s be honest that’s the only currency that matters (as long as you don’t crack your vaults)

I also have every card in the game. Drafting is good folks

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

snyprmag posted:

Is there a reason to not crack completed vaults or do y'all just not play constructed at all?

Why would I crack it, I literally get every card I need to play by drafting and early in a set I just spend wildcards to make decks. If I didn’t have wildcards I would crack it but right now there isn’t anything to spend it on anyway

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

precision posted:

This cube is like drafting a commander deck lol

Just make sure you take all the card draw and interaction you can

not really. Been putting people into the dirt without drawing any cards but one for the turn. Play things on curve

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

precision posted:

your success does not obviate mine

your advice is bad, sorry. It’s very much a tempo cube

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
I drafted new skullclamp 5th (????) and won 7 games

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

The r/b sac deck is very good. Easy 7-0

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

flatluigi posted:

precursor golem is awful imo

It is one of the absolute best cards in the set lol

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

babypolis posted:

https://www.17lands.com/draft/76e18db23f694e61a37891957877ba8a

hey wei (or anyone else really) mind taking a look at this mono red deck? first time drafting it, saw 2 cliffstompers late in pack 2 and decided to go for it.

I would go to 16 lands and drop either a mishras domination, a strongbull, or the wellspring. They all have a place in the deck, but something has to go.

Edit: maybe not 16. you are trying to get to 4 lands on turn 4, and have 4 mutts to filter lands away. I’ll leave my original post as is but I have thought better

Time fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Nov 20, 2022

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Pushed into mythic at 67% wr forcing red or r/b for 13 drafts in a row

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

precision posted:

Streamers are saying to force R/B every time so be aware of that in drafts

Been saying this

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

precision posted:

If everyone is cutting off R/b entirely W/G and W/U are almost as good imo

I think I’m going to explore more stuff now, yeah

Unrelated but this format is the hardest attacks/blocks format I have played in a while. I’m leaving points on the table rn. Some of it is starting attacks a turn later than I should, some of it is playing to the board from hand rather than taking advantage of an unearth creature who can get in there this turn but probably not next.

I’m doing well but this is an area I need to clean up in the format

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Decided to try the u/b draw a second card tribal and it was fun - went 5-3 and walked right into an obvious sibling rivalry turn to end my run. Big time punt on my end