Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

imagine dungeons posted:

Who’s bringing a bunch of literal puppies into battle?

edit: like maybe throwing puppy caltrops behind you when you’re running away.

It's kinda hosed up because the dogs visible on one of the cards that make them are actual ornery-looking dogs, not Halmark Card puppies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

thespaceinvader posted:

Very few it's just enough of a pain to delete any of them that i only do it when I'm completely out of space and then only a few.

E: 4/3 with yesterday's Abzan deck, not mad with that, did lose to a possibly ill-advised 2-lander on the play which didn't find its third land til turn 4 and died as a result, which is irksome but I still think it was the right keep. Trostani is a beast especially if you have trample available, as is Izoni.

This is next: https://www.17lands.com/deck/f270eb86a2614953882315304af90ce5/0, playing tomorrow. In particular, is the white splash worth including? I think I have enough Detectived to make the Detective lord good, and enough Disguise to make Sumala Sentry good. Otherwise the UG is probably good enough on its own but like... I feel the splash adds enough without TOO much risk.

Any reason you're going for Vitu-Ghazi Inspector over Tunnel Tipster? He gets all your good stuff into play quicker and you can make him decently big.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Glad they locked some cute sleeves behind a slot machine sealed

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

big scary monsters posted:

Artifact remix draft is fun! Went 6-3 with a GB food deck featuring Herald of Anguish. Should probably have ended 3-3 but my opponent was so far ahead that they got carried away with mortar pod and sacced most of their board pinging into my endless supply of foods until I drew removal and the Herald to finish off their flying beaters and go on the offensive.

I think UR and UW both look really good archetypes, keen to try a couple more drafts.

I went 6-3 with UG Clues, made me really wish MKM had had payoffs like those enchantments.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I guess subjectively it's probably better, but it feels like my luck wasn't garbage the day MKM dropped.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
This format feels like it could be really fun without all the rares you immediately need an answer for, or ones you can't conceivably plan for because they're bonus sheet ones. I had a really good deck that didn't go higher than 2-3, and one of those was to Overwhelming Forces because the game went long.

Justin_Brett fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Apr 17, 2024

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

big scary monsters posted:

I was happily drafting a RB crimes deck, seemed wide open, and then I opened a pack 2 Dust Animus. Unfortunately I didn't get good fixing, just two deserts and a couple incidental treasure producers. I feel like it's probably still worth splashing though. And maybe Kambal?

You're not making many tokens so I'd cut Kambal and the Pyromancers for Quilled Charger and yeah, the second Desert's Due.

Justin_Brett fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Apr 18, 2024

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Anything's possible with the guy who spreads toxic when your stuff's targeted.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
https://www.17lands.com/history/5132607bc3f341ef904a73608325b83d/4/0 I really thought I was going to get to 3 wins with this until I saw that stupid horse come down.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I hate that the play is just skipping the high-rarity cards for multiple combinations this format because they're not as good as Green.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Time posted:

draft rundown

Do you have an example of this with a more normal deck? I'm not sure I've even seen Villainous Wealth one time.

Justin_Brett fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Apr 30, 2024

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Time posted:

villanous wealth isnt necessary for it just spec pick lands and value cards with an eye to putting cardboard on the board to trade resources early. removal is premium, recursion is premium, lots of multicolored lands are premium. then spec pick off color or on color bombs you can fix for with stuff like gardener, bandits haul, and the mana dork that taps for anything.

make bad trades early if necessary and then overpower with card advantage late.

https://www.17lands.com/deck/f76eea44df37437293d41db693e7cca7 so, like this?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

kalel posted:

didn't look at the draft but

g1: should have used removal on arynx, you were behind on board and getting run over on the draw

g2: hosed by oko, dunno if you could have played around that or set up favorable combat in that scenario

g3: would have double blocked that gigapede after 0/1ing it anticipating a removal blowout. also equipping key to the 1/3 set you way back on tempo and prevented holding up 1 to get a guaranteed card with marchesa using shoot the sheriff

sometimes they have it and you can't do much but I think the misplays in 1 and 3 cost you dearly

I also really could have just killed both his creatures in game 1 before going down to 1, that felt like the way bigger deal since I would have been fine after I got the ogre in play. Game 3 there I think I was imagining getting blown out worse than that somehow, I dunno.

Justin_Brett fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Apr 30, 2024

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I tried again and with how it went I think I'm just going to wait for another draft to be up in Premiere, but thanks very much for the advice.

e: aw poo poo Theros and Ikoria coming up, hell yeah

Justin_Brett fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Apr 30, 2024

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Lively Dirge into Linkbreaker and the sac to draw two guy felt so good the one time I had them all. Dunno if there's any other good combinations though.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

uggy posted:

I would just like to say that I have struggled pretty hard in this format so I took a little break and read this thread and looked at drafts people posted and I want to thank everybody for posting their drafts and for giving feedback. It is very cool to learn and I think I had a better draft today staying open earlier. I also just think I got very good cards. How does this build look?

I feel like you could really have more creatures, even if all the removal you have is great. Maybe remove Full Steam Ahead and Smuggler's Surprise for the other two Vault Plunderers? You don't really go big for the former and I've never thought the latter was a must-have, but maybe the data says otherwise.

Justin_Brett fucked around with this message at 19:15 on May 1, 2024

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
It is still awkward a lot of the time but oof.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Tried out a brew using Errant and Giada and all the Flash creatures we have right now. There might be some legs to it now that Solemn Sphinx is here, it did already have almost a whole sideboard's worth of a toolbox.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Khanstant posted:

I don't think the next set will be the medicine, but rotation might help! There are a ton of decks around right now that are stall & removal with some slow wincon that are just not worth trying to win even if you know you can eventually. I look forward to revisiting Kamigawa someday but I will not miss its staples.

Yeah, obviously Bloomburrow might have something as bad but on paper Emperor and Memory Deluge rotating out makes a lot of decks way more bearable to play against

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Is Dominaria's gimmick now just having really well-designed limited formats? I remember everyone thinking the set on it a while back was good for that too.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Also green and black, the colors known for card selection without downsides

There's a rare in OTJ that can only search that deep if you have ten lands in play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I wanted to try out Wylie with all the Convoke cards that aren't in Standard, and unsurprisingly it does feel very good to add 'and then you draw a card' onto all of those.