Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cgeq
Jun 5, 2004
I'm tepidly dipping my toes back into MTG after ages away from it (stopped playing after moving away from the group of friends I had that were into it), after getting burned out on Hearthstone and Marvel Snap.

I got through the new user stuff and started beating my head against ranked, but have since retreated back to Starter Decks and Jump In to just do the daily quest. I want to play casually, so maybe I'll be able to break into some other game modes eventually once I can put together a more powerful deck.
I went through the OP and checked all the links, but honestly I'm not finding too much direction on what to do next really, beyond what I'm currently doing. Always open to any advice.
I have like 7 mythic wildcards, but I'm not sure that's enough to commit to any sort of "meta" deck or another, so I'm just planning on taking it nice and slow.

But every cell in my body is screaming at me to drown myself in the cards. I just had a buried memory pop up and it guided me to an old folder on one of my backup drives where I have 434 images of MTG cards I scanned from my own collection 19 years ago. I don't know what possessed me to do that (besides having a scanner and finding it "neat"). I'm a bit afraid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cgeq
Jun 5, 2004

Simply Simon posted:

Welcome back! I did the same last year after a 15 year break. Haven't put a single cent into Arena since then, but am doing fairly well for myself.

However, I'm mostly here for drafting, because I love Limited, and it's how I get all my cards. I don't know how much you like it, or if you're interested. If you just want to play Constructed jank, then Starter Decks supplemented with Jump In! cards are...fine for a while, but won't get you higher than maybe Gold, and that'll be a struggle. Also, your Wildcard collection will grow VERY slowly, because you can't compete in events.

There's budget decks to combat that (e.g. monoR and -U), but it's much easier to do well in Arena if you draft regularly. If you want to do that, join the Discord and we'll be happy to give you pointers!

I never did drafting in real life, but I did like Arena mode in Hearthstone (except when getting stomped by matchmaking). I like the concept of building a deck on the fly, but it seems a bit more complicated than that. I also want to learn the ropes first, so I guess I should do a few quick drafts first?

One thing I'm worried about is, just my lack of knowledge of current cards. Is that as important in drafts? Or is it more about building around the first few picks and trying to make a deck that can synergize as well as possible?

I don't know if I would be any good at drafting. I hope so!

cgeq
Jun 5, 2004
Ah, when doing draft you have to filter by land and then you get the list of land you can add to your deck. I thought you picked a deck of 40 cards and the lands would just get added at the start of the game or otherwise appear...

cgeq
Jun 5, 2004

MikeCrotch posted:

If you want to get in and make your bones the first 2 weeks is the most important - the competition will be at its lowest and you can get by just by knowing the good cards. Later on as the better cards get taken higher you need to be able to draft synergistic decks using the remaining pieces, and the competition will be tougher since it'll only be the hardcore draft psychos left for the most part (I've jumped into a format late and been matched up against mythic players while I'm in Gold before)

What's this about drafting in the first 2 weeks? Do cards get removed from the global pool as time goes on? Or do you just mean after the first 2 weeks people will be more likely to pick the better cards before it's your turn to pick?

cgeq
Jun 5, 2004
Thanks for the Rusko recommendation. I had given up hope, but actually managed to get 3 wins (eventually). I just drafted every blue and black rare and mythic and a few uncommens since I didn't quite have enough.

cgeq
Jun 5, 2004
Just got my first 7 wins with quick draft!
The second loss was definitely just drawing too much land, but the first loss was really drawn out, so I probably made some errors.
I got one Imodane's Recruiter, but only drew it once in 9 games. It did win me the game I drew it in, though!

Having the time to research the cards definitely helped with drafting them. Funny enough, my last run was 5-3 and I lost to a deck very similar to the one I built here.

Blue/Red definitely has some flexibility to it.
https://www.17lands.com/details/4d8b0dd0b69f4d9fac00957140cab9eb

cgeq
Jun 5, 2004

Mat Cauthon posted:

Seems like if you log in from separate devices you can squeeze an extra token out of the server. Dunno how or why but it's there for the taking. I got one by logging in on my laptop and the second by logging in via Steam Deck. Not sure if that will hold true for the mobile app but probably worth a try.

Seems like it might be more than that? I've gotten the Oops email 3 times now (twice on PC, once on mobile). Seems like they are having trouble keeping track of if you got the compensation already or not.

I'm trying out a multi color draft as well. I'm 3-1 right now (pretty sure I lost the first by badly misplaying (oh, you can't bank many between phases?! oh, I put down Restless Cottage 2 turns ago did I?!)). I feel out of my depth, so if anyone wants to take a look at my card pool and offer suggestions I'm all ears:

https://www.17lands.com/pool/af263eebd83b41d28f1d1f730e887e1b

For win 3 I took out all White to focus more on Blue: https://www.17lands.com/deck/af263eebd83b41d28f1d1f730e887e1b/2

cgeq
Jun 5, 2004

wei posted:

Your mana and colours are too spread out for the fixing you have. You want to have 8-9 or more Forests with Utopia Sprawl and Brave, which then fixes for your other colours. Running double pip blue and black cards puts a strain on the manabase for the 4th and 5th colours.

These red cards don't fit into the plan for a multicolour deck. The white cards are fine as a package but I would have picked/played more cards in the 3 main colours instead of red/white (or pick white cards and more/better fixing).

https://sealeddeck.tech/wj6gEzlph1

Thanks! I appreciate this. I'll give it a spin. I'll try to iterate on my drafting process as well and see how it goes.

As far as picking cards that play better with the multicolor approach, would that be just ones that would better synergize with the other cards I picked or just having more utility like Redcap Thief to get a Treasure?

cgeq
Jun 5, 2004
Just started another draft to try multi color again.
I found it fairly painful to pare down the last few cards. There's a tempting combo to try with Regal Bunnicorn -> Callous Sell-Sword -> Return Triumphant but I tried to be more practical: https://www.17lands.com/deck/656f508fa0834893a97a8c7cca049285

And the whole pool looks like this:

cgeq
Jun 5, 2004

wei posted:

Agree with the assessment above.

There's no reason for you to be multicolour at any point in the draft. Grotto spec P1P10 is fine but you have a very good aggro red base moving into pack 2.

P2P1 Bunnicorn is a great pickup, which should have been followed up with P2P2 Veteran.
P2P3 is the one that really stuck out to me. Ash and Flick are both good picks and you could even hope to wheel something playable. Absolutely no reason to pick up Grotto here.

You move through pack 2 going even deeper into red aggro or UR, but you seem adamant about multicolour. This isn't something that should be forced. The usual path into multicolour is having a bunch of good green cards and/or picking up fixing cards for free.

Alright, I can see all that, about forcing multicolor, rather than leaning in to the deck's momentum. Thanks for the callouts. Responding to the flow of the draft and recognizing when it's safe to lean in to a certain archetype and colors, seems the really tricky part,

Toozler posted:

You still want to have an aggro, midrange, or control focus.

Ya, I definitely wasn't thinking along those lines. Thanks for the rebuild!

cgeq
Jun 5, 2004
Drafts go up, drafts go down again. You can't explain that!

cgeq
Jun 5, 2004

Time posted:

Standard is insanely soft compared to limited. Just blew through plat and diamond to mythic in less than 4 hours playing three different decks I had never touched before because I haven’t played the format since before capenna released. A lot of variety in the decks and some very cool stuff going on.

ram dass in hell posted:

been saying this. Standard is good, folks. I got to mythic spamming invasion of alara on turn 4 and it is a really varied format

Willing to share any deck lists?

I started recently playing some Explorer and Alchemy matches after last week's Explorer midweek madness, just using a slightly upgraded Growing Hopes starter deck. Sometimes I get a decent match, but other times I just get combo womboed to oblivion. I think I played a standard game after getting out of the newbie stuff and instantly faced a Sheoldred deck at the bottom of the bronze ranks and have Nope'd out since then.

I am up to 12 mythic and 25 rare wildcards now.

cgeq
Jun 5, 2004

Jakosa posted:

I started a second account because a friend started playing and I wanted to see how hard it is to play F2P.

The first deck I made was a mono blue tempo deck. It only needs 4 rares and performs very well. I've gone to platinum with it which is where I usually stop playing ranked.

This is the list. There are a lot of other blue cards you can slot in if you prefer them over the ones listed here.

Deck
4 Consider (MID) 44
22 Island (THB) 251
4 Fading Hope (MID) 51
2 Shore Up (DMU) 64
3 Spell Pierce (XLN) 81
4 Essence Scatter (IKO) 49
4 Impulse (DMU) 55
4 Make Disappear (SNC) 49
4 Thirst for Discovery (VOW) 85
4 Haughty Djinn (DMU) 52
1 Flow of Knowledge (BRO) 49
4 Tolarian Terror (DMU) 72

Having a bit of fun with this deck, thanks! And I only needed 3 rares since I already had 1 Tolarian Terror. Still seeing a lot of Sheoldred in silver, but sometimes I can do something about her now.

cgeq
Jun 5, 2004
Those free premier draft tokens are burning a hole in my pocket, but I'll wait until we get to a set I can familiarize myself with more. Probably going to be until Ixalan or if they run a quick draft at the same time.

cgeq
Jun 5, 2004
I tried each deck once so far and when I picked the UW deck I got matched up with red/black aggro deck that completely blew me out of the water, so I didn't try that one again. 5C Legends was doing really well, though. I do wonder if it could carry me to Platinum. I'm in Gold 3 right now.

Also, I did a ONE quick draft and I feel like I got a good selection cards and won my first two matches, but they were both a bit tense so I'm open on advice on the deck (and the draft itself if you're curious). Deck's here https://www.17lands.com/deck/13d8ea4da20b457db1ed3b4ddbc86b35/2

The way I envisioned the deck playing out was being able to contest the early board and pressure my opponent with toxic, stall it out midgame while slowly grinding down my opponent's health/board, and then eventually overwhelming them in the late game (but not too late). It worked out that way in the first two matches going 11 rounds, but I also got really lucky and had a starting hand with a land for all 3 colors.

cgeq
Jun 5, 2004

Simply Simon posted:

You'll probably never corrupt anybody with your set of cards, by the way, so the life loss will never happen.

Aw, Phyrexian Atlas after corrupting people was MVP first two games, but thanks for looking it over and the advice. I'll make some adjustements accordingly and give it a spin!

cgeq
Jun 5, 2004
Aw, I never played that combo, but Legendary 5C just got me to Plat for the first time.

cgeq
Jun 5, 2004
Trophied with my second ONE quickdraft, going 7-2. I tried to apply lessons learned from the first one and pretty much went all-in on a more focused and aggressive RG deck: https://www.17lands.com/details/f63d149ba2f34c6b8c9cbbbbfb8915c9

The two losses were pretty difficult. The tapland may have cost me the second loss, but the first loss was pretty much down to only have one card to play in the first 3 turns against an aggro toxic white deck. After the second loss, the last 3 battles were relatively straightforward. Hazardous Blast was great for delivering finishing blows if my opponent managed to stabilize after taking a beating earlier.

I could have gone even more aggressive with the drafting, so I might spin up another quickdraft and see if I can give that a go.

cgeq
Jun 5, 2004
So I got another (lucky?) ONE quickdraft where I got Atraxa right off the bat and figured I might as well try to make her work unless some big red spell came up, which it didn't, and then I got a couple more pretty good cards (Glissa and Nissa), so I proceeded to try and make a deck that could support a 4 color creature and the other two: https://www.17lands.com/deck/228bf8e61bee4b2e87c2c96102c1c974

I've gone 3 rounds so far.
The first, Nissa came out and wrecked the place (after wasting 2 life trying to figure out how to cast her and how to count).
The second I got Glissa out on T3 and got some card draw value before she was removed and then rushed down my opponent with my own removal keeping things clear for me.
The third my opponent conceded pretty early after I got Glissa out on T3, opponent then removing her with Annex Sentry, and then me getting Glissa back after coming out on top of a combat trick exchange on T4.

So those were exciting and I'm happy to at least go 50/50 with this strange deck, but if anyone wants to weigh in on the deck/sideboard (or how I drafted as well), I'm all ears. Maybe Glissa and Nissa can just carry me and Atraxa will remain hidden.

I'm kind of leaning towards getting rid of Atraxa completely and trying to rely on Glissa/Nissa and what is otherwise a more anemic WBG poison deck, but for now my thinking is since I only have 7 poison creatures, it's not worth going all-in on poison/corruption, so I'll just use them as fodder and to stall until I get the bombs out.

cgeq
Jun 5, 2004
When do we get the Shin Megami Tensei Universes Beyond with a proper Rakshasas

cgeq
Jun 5, 2004

cgeq posted:

So I got another (lucky?) ONE quickdraft where I got Atraxa right off the bat and figured I might as well try to make her work unless some big red spell came up, which it didn't, and then I got a couple more pretty good cards (Glissa and Nissa), so I proceeded to try and make a deck that could support a 4 color creature and the other two: https://www.17lands.com/deck/228bf8e61bee4b2e87c2c96102c1c974

Well this turned out very well in the end, went 7-1.
The one deck that got me was a UB deck with mostly fliers, and I didn't draw enough early creatures or removal to deal with them, and the combat tricks I had were useless against fliers. I did drop Nissa but she got shredded by the fliers. I also probably misplayed her by using her -1 ability to take out some artifact creatures instead of pumping out more ground creatures.

Atraxa did eventually show up for the last 3 battles. The very last battle was especially dicey, just getting a beat down by an aggressive deck with Atraxa's Skitterfang giving things flying to bypass my defenses. After dropping Atraxa T6, I got dropped to 1 life with a Hazardous Blast, but T7 I Titanic Growth'd Atraxa, which I think took me out of whatever lethal plan my opponent had (probably a 2nd Hazardous Blast), and they conceded.

I guess in the end, even though the deck wasn't as focused as I might have liked, it generally had enough answers to most of the problems that came up. At least enough answers for long enough for the more bomby cards to drop.

cgeq
Jun 5, 2004

drainpipe posted:

Anybody got pointers for Chromatic Cube? I learned to draft with WOE but to do so, I also got really familiar with the set. Doesn’t seem worth it to do the same for something only here for a week.

How do you go about getting quickly up to speed on drafting a format you are not as familiar with in general?

Interested in this as well. Generally for the quick drafts I've been watching Limited Level Ups and looking at tier lists and doing lots of them to get a feel for the set and learn what works, but if Chromatic Cube is a whole bunch of sets seems like it will take more homework.

Checking it out right now, and at least you can see what the card pool is.

cgeq
Jun 5, 2004
I did a Dominaria United quickdraft and 3-1 so far: https://www.17lands.com/deck/db6a63f4583b465aa2b5640756dd626c

In the draft I ended up focusing on the UBW cards, and I think I got some pretty good cards in there, but I'm struggling with cutting them down.

I've gone with UB so far but I'm not terribly impressed by the walls. I thought I might need them if my opponents were more aggressive, but so far they haven't really been. Plus with the counterspells I have, those walls just might be overkill. I'm thinking I might just replace them all with the more lower cost white creatures, but I didn't prioritize mana fixing early enough so I'm a bit worried of going for 3 colors.
So far, the one loss was from me not being patient and holding back a counterspell, letting my opponent get Tatyova, that merfolk that turns lands into 3/3 hasted fliers, onto the field, and then overrunning me.

cgeq
Jun 5, 2004

kalel posted:

with respect to quests, starter deck duel is always an option if the ladder isn't kind

Seconding the Starter Deck Duels to crank out dailies. I've become a real pro at my fav, High Flying Valor. Rebel Armory is my bane.

cgeq
Jun 5, 2004
I got Quint first pick in this quickdraft. So far 3-0. Games 2 and 3 were pretty crazy: https://www.17lands.com/deck/ed109678104b42e396eb2f4c20ec61cd

My game plan is mainly to to be aggressive to keep my opponent on the defense, use removal to take out any of their blockers or bombs, and if the game goes long enough finish them off with Quint, or the fliers.

I'm pretty sure I could fine tune the deck a bit more, but I'm not sure exactly how.
Maybe take out the 2nd Deconstruction Hammer and swap in a Landmark to help dig for Quint and add another flying body? I also like how big Adaptive Gemguard can get, but I don't feel like I go wide enough to support it properly, plus ideally the turn before I drop Quint I'd want to get some favorable trades with combat tricks to diminish my opponent's board and help Quint stick around longer.

Any comments on the actual draft are appreciated as well. Quint was a huge pain to play against at pre-release so I really wanted to give him a go myself and drafted with that in mind.

cgeq
Jun 5, 2004

A Moose posted:

I can't focus enough to play and I'll never catch up.

Sorry if I'm being a bit dense, but I'm still a bit new to Arena myself, what does "catching up" look like in this game? Like in terms of collection? Or just in terms of getting the daily quests done? Am I missing out on something by not keeping up?

cgeq
Jun 5, 2004

A Moose posted:

Just like, keeping up on the limited meta, what cards looked good in the first week but turned out to be not so good. What decks are good enough to try to force vs what decks are under-drafted so you can get a pretty good deck while people fight over the known good cards. All that stuff. Just reading articles and watching streams isn't a good replacement, you need experience too

Ah, gotcha. That's totally understandable.

cgeq
Jun 5, 2004
For the Midweek Madness, since I drafted Quintorious Kand earlier, I thought I would make an exile spellcasting desk with a bunch of adventure cards

Went 3-1 pretty quickly to get the rewards at least and was pretty fun. Never got to drop Quintorious Kand, though. Imodane's Recruiter is still great. Dropping Etali's Favor into another Etali's Favor is great.

cgeq
Jun 5, 2004

cgeq posted:

I got Quint first pick in this quickdraft. So far 3-0. Games 2 and 3 were pretty crazy: https://www.17lands.com/deck/ed109678104b42e396eb2f4c20ec61cd

Ended up going 7-2. Didn't change my deck in the end. I'm pretty sure I only won battle 4 due my opponent misplaying by untapping one of their attackers with Iceberg Titan instead of tapping my blocker (who traded with their untapped attacker for no discernible advantage). After going 4-0 I lost the next 2.

The first loss was against GW that just had a beautiful curve and clobbered me. Quint came out but only bought me an extra turn. I was 1 mana and 1 damage short on the last turn. I could have done a couple of hail mary's with discovery off of Quint and a cave, so a bit of a misplay on my part perhaps, but it wasn't looking good.

The second loss Quint also came out but got overcome with fliers. My opponent flooded their board. Going just 2 turns without dropping a land really hurt.

After that was another very close match, but my opponent seemed to misplay off of my own misplay (I had untapped mana so maybe they thought I had a combat trick up my sleeve, but I didn't!) near the end and gave up the next turn. The next two games my opponents conceded fairly early after winning battles with combat tricks and taking control of the board.

In the end Quint only helped me win 1 game.

cgeq fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Nov 30, 2023

cgeq
Jun 5, 2004

anakha posted:

Played 16 games on ranked with RDW and Azorius Soldiers just to get to the daily 4 wins.

I'm already at that stage I was in Hearthstone where I'm questioning the point of putting more time into this.

My personal belief (and experience) is that playing ranked to complete my dailies is a huge waste of time that I don't have. I feel like my win rate in the starter deck duels is about 90%, so I just play that to get 5 wins in and complete any quests I might need to.

Lone Goat posted:

If they're quitting every game the second they experience the slightest resistance then yeah just play against Sparky it something lmao.

Some days some of us just need to get our wins in.

cgeq
Jun 5, 2004

A Moose posted:

It's still day 2 of anyone who made a historic brawl deck with a specialize commander being locked out of arena.

According to Amazonian, all the people she would normally reach out to about this have been laid off. They have not officially admitted the bug exists, so there is no ETA on fixing it.

Oh poo poo, did MTG/Arena get hit by those Hasbro layoffs?

cgeq
Jun 5, 2004

Weird Pumpkin posted:

Yep! Actually I guess it was T4 then, because they had exactly enough mana

It's definitely a deck that could only really work in bo1, but it was very funny

Looks like this might be it? https://www.reddit.com/r/MagicArena/comments/18nsexy/comment/kecr4fq/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

Lol, I just played a bot match and ya, it's a turn 4 win holding your whole deck in your hand.

cgeq
Jun 5, 2004
So I've started a Khans quickdraft and won a match but it feels pretty bad. Maybe it's just being slower in general and the extra layer of strategy on when to flip cards (it can happen anytime! at any step!) that's throwing me off, but I'm totally open to any advice on the draft and the deck.
Draft
Current Deck

My only thoughts are that in retrospect I should have gone Mardu instead of Jeskai, but I was really avoiding the 3 color cards at the beginning since I wanted to stay flexible.

cgeq
Jun 5, 2004

Boco_T posted:

Discovered thanks to 17lands that the KTK Quick bot draft IS ranked, even though there are no graphics in the mode or after the match indicating this. Had two good runs and went from Platinum 4 to Platinum 2 without noticing.

Is the Quickdraft Bot the one that appears with no rank?
They took me out in my last quickdraft. Feels bad! But my first loss after going 3-0 was entirely my fault due to not being aggressive after getting whittled down to 1 health, but taking board advantage in the process. I was just terrified of my opponent topdecking something with haste, flying, or trample.
Ultimately went 5-3 with this

cgeq posted:

So I've started a Khans quickdraft and won a match but it feels pretty bad. Maybe it's just being slower in general and the extra layer of strategy on when to flip cards (it can happen anytime! at any step!) that's throwing me off, but I'm totally open to any advice on the draft and the deck.
Draft
Current Deck

My only thoughts are that in retrospect I should have gone Mardu instead of Jeskai, but I was really avoiding the 3 color cards at the beginning since I wanted to stay flexible.

Ainok Bond-Kin giving everything with a counter first strike, and the two Feats of Resistance giving a counter were the big standouts. They let me flip the board several times. First strike seems really powerful in KTK!

cgeq
Jun 5, 2004
The coin flip makes it feel like it doesn't respect my time, but at least seeing new creatures that I've never seen before is kind of fun.

cgeq
Jun 5, 2004
I started another LCI quickdraft as well and then realized I wasn't so interested in drafting all the same usual cards again, so I drafted black for the first time (Deep Cavern Bat on P1P2 helped nudge me that direction) along with red. https://www.17lands.com/details/a33ad0747d954d878cc9971a32b4a8e7
Ultimately went 6-3 with it, which I'm pretty happy with.

I thought I might give some Descend and graveyard interaction a go, but ultimately just made a deck with lots of creatures and some card draw to not lose steam. I wasn't too confident in it, but getting Chimli on P3P1 was a big help (won every game where I played it). Also, crafting Tithing Blade as early as possible to win board stall situations and help stabilize.
Also, I feel like starting at silver may have helped and I was getting matchmade against a lot of similar decks. I'm not sure if the matchmaking weights deck colors or anything but I feel like I avoided the more usually strong decks (except for the ones that beat me).

The most crazy game was this 14 turn match against a URW deck that had:
- Thousand Moon Smithy turn 4 (this 3 for 1'd me since I used a Dead Weight, Sunfire Torch, and DreadMaw's Ire to destroy it and the token it spawned)
- Etali's Favor into Etali's Favor into River Herald Scout on turn 7
- Magmatic Galleon on turn 8 (this just 2 for 1'd me at least)
- Marauding Brinefang that attacked on turn 11 (this 3 for 1'd me again to get rid of)
- Another Etali's Favor into Zoetic Glyph on turn 13

The only reason I won was due to having a good aggressive early game (until the Etali chain on turn 7) and then crafted Tithing Blade on turn 9.

cgeq fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Jan 6, 2024

cgeq
Jun 5, 2004
Did another BRO quickdraft. I think I drafted well enough (though any feedback on that is welcome), but now I'm not sure what direction to take the deck: https://www.17lands.com/deck/3c30196fe34d4044b431e6af2ff81f9c

My inclination is to keep the curve pretty low and aggressive, putting out creatures and using tricks to just control the board and do enough damage early on that my opponent can't recover.
If they do stabilize, maybe my fliers take me over the line or Urza and artifacts do.

cgeq
Jun 5, 2004

Simply Simon posted:

Hi, sorry, that was a bit late for me yesterday! Hope it's not too late for you.

As for the deck, one Discipline out, Air Marshal in. You aren't a great Wings deck, I'd consider playing Onulet over it (not a great card but it's an Artifact creature and can help you stabilize). I'm also considering Thopter over Disenchant or the second Discipline.

Thanks a bunch! I haven't had time to give the deck a run yet, so I'll make some adjustments and give it a go and then probably run another draft with the advice after.

I was very hesitant to splash and anchored on Urza, so that definitely biased me against G and the Mutts. I'll try to stay more loose next time.

cgeq fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Jan 19, 2024

cgeq
Jun 5, 2004

Rinkles posted:

on a related note, anyone know why the in client updates are so slow to download?

I like to imagine that as part of their cost cutting they switched to a cheaper server with slower download speeds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cgeq
Jun 5, 2004

Peewi posted:

Who do I complain to?

Apparently this has been an issue for years? https://devtrackers.gg/magic-arena/p/3cc416a8-prerelease-codes-not-working