Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Simone Poodoin posted:

I am going to pay in game gold for the beautiful stained glass lands. Have they added the feature to chose a land type as default?

The default land type is whatever your latest acquired land is, I believe.

I would like a land randomizer so that I don't have to add in like, 13 different plains manually. I also want my old Ajani avatar back :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

White also has Curse of Silence as an auto include, and I find that a lot of the "disable but not kill" enchantments like Nahiri's Binding are excellent versus a lot of commanders.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

snyprmag posted:

What's important for this thread: are the melded permanents going to be twice as big as other objects? Going to be underwhelming if they look like normal creatures or walkers.

quote:

Even though meld is a returning Magic mechanic, it is new to MTG Arena! The only major callout here is that a melded permanent is the same size as every other card (sorry, no double-sized monstrosities).

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Is anyone else having issues logging in? I tried to open the client but it wouldn't connect, and their status screen says that everything is operational.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Judgy Fucker posted:

I want those but 2,500 gems or 12,500 gold seems steep

I've been gold poor all of a sudden buying cosmetics. I can't stop buying lands and the occasional sleeve (drat you, Transformers!) and they seem to be really pushing them out there.

Help, my family is starving!

Squinky v2.0 posted:

Looking for suggestions for a blue heavy historic brawl deck that isn’t just a pile of control spells

Commander
1 Emry, Lurker of the Loch (ELD) 43

Deck
1 Paradox Engine (KLR) 259
1 Mox Amber (DAR) 224
1 Ornithopter (KLR) 255
1 Tormod's Crypt (M21) 241
1 Aether Spellbomb (JMP) 456
1 Shimmer Dragon (ELD) 317
6 Snow-Covered Island (KHM) 279
1 Chromatic Sphere (JMP) 462
1 Chromatic Lantern (GRN) 233
1 Chromatic Orrery (M21) 228
1 Excavated Wall (STX) 255
1 Renegade Map (KLR) 265
1 Stonecoil Serpent (ELD) 235
1 Arcane Signet (ELD) 331
1 Coldsteel Heart (CSP) 136
1 Unstable Obelisk (JMP) 489
1 Guardian Idol (JMP) 467
1 Tyrite Sanctum (KHM) 272
1 Mind Stone (WTH) 153
1 Midnight Clock (ELD) 54
1 Meteor Golem (M19) 241
1 Whir of Invention (KLR) 73
1 Foundry Inspector (KLR) 241
1 Letter of Acceptance (STX) 256
1 Palladium Myr (M21) 234
1 Replicating Ring (KHM) 244
1 Steel Overseer (M20) 239
1 Skyclave Relic (ZNR) 252
1 Strixhaven Stadium (STX) 259
1 Aetherflux Reservoir (KLR) 217
1 Jin-Gitaxias, Progress Tyrant (NEO) 59
1 Hedron Archive (JMP) 468
1 Mystic Forge (M20) 233
1 Jhoira's Familiar (DAR) 220
1 Solemn Simulacrum (M21) 239
1 Forsaken Monument (ZNR) 244
1 Gilded Lotus (DAR) 215
1 Renowned Weaponsmith (M20) 72
1 Sai, Master Thopterist (M19) 69
1 Shark Typhoon (IKO) 67
1 River's Rebuke (XLN) 71
1 Dreamstone Hedron (JMP) 464
1 Sea Gate Restoration (ZNR) 76
1 Blast Zone (WAR) 244
1 Metalwork Colossus (KLR) 252
1 Castle Vantress (ELD) 242
1 Hall of Storm Giants (AFR) 257
1 Arch of Orazca (RIX) 185
1 Buried Ruin (JMP) 491
1 Crawling Barrens (ZNR) 262
6 Snow-Covered Island (SLD) 326
1 Field of Ruin (THB) 242
1 Reliquary Tower (M19) 254
1 Treasure Vault (AFR) 261
5 Snow-Covered Island (KHM) 278
1 Network Terminal (NEO) 251
1 Key to the Archive (Y22) 59
1 Ugin, the Ineffable (WAR) 2
1 Ornithopter of Paradise (MH2) 232
1 Command Tower (ELD) 333
1 Faceless Haven (KHM) 255
1 Ghost Quarter (ISD) 240
1 A-Alrund's Epiphany (KHM) 41
1 Time Warp (STA) 22
1 Tome of the Infinite (J21) 13
1 Nettlecyst (MH2) 231
1 Thought Monitor (MH2) 71
1 Inventors' Fair (KLR) 284
1 Explosive Apparatus (M19) 233
1 Island (ANA) 25
1 Spinning Wheel (ELD) 234
1 Planar Bridge (KLR) 262
1 The Celestus (MID) 252
1 Traveler's Amulet (RIX) 184
1 Honored Heirloom (VOW) 257
1 A-Hullbreaker Horror (VOW) 63
1 Tale's End (M20) 77
1 The Reality Chip (NEO) 74
1 Otawara, Soaring City (NEO) 271
1 Darksteel Citadel (M15) 242
1 Wash Away (VOW) 87
1 Cityscape Leveler (BRO) 233
1 Hangarback Walker (ORI) 229
1 Urza, Powerstone Prodigy (BRO) 69
1 The Mightstone and Weakstone (BRO) 238

GrandpaPants fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Dec 15, 2022

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Helios for some reason gets me paired against a bunch of assholes. I've also faced off against them with Muxus and Krenko?

Jodah and Sythis are almost definitely hellqueue gold members.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

This midweek magic is fun.

I got a random Jeskai control deck from MTGAZone and got 3-0 having played a single card across all three games (Impulse). MWM is great, highly recommended.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

What is this weird "Aftermath" 50 card set coming after MOTM? Is this a thing that they've done before?

Also, RIP Kenriths

I also think it's kinda weird that they don't put the Commander set commanders into MTGA. Some of them seem fun for Brawl!

GrandpaPants fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Feb 22, 2023

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

I played against the Azorius "White Sun Twilight is my only win con" deck twice in a row with my Esper Superfriends deck, and it's incredibly satisfying to win by ticking Vraska up while holding 2-3 board wipes.

Also Esper Superfriends? Pretty fun deck. Less so against monored since there's a LOT of hasty dudes and a LOT of burn, but still a fun deck. I hope they never print a "Destroy all Planeswalkers" wipe.

quote:

Deck
2 Reckoner Bankbuster (NEO) 255
2 Void Rend (SNC) 230
3 Sheoldred's Edict (ONE) 108
3 Go for the Throat (BRO) 102
2 Drown in Ichor (ONE) 91
2 Farewell (NEO) 13
4 Depopulate (SNC) 10
1 Kaya, Intangible Slayer (ONE) 205
1 Kaito, Dancing Shadow (ONE) 204
1 Kaito Shizuki (NEO) 226
1 Liliana of the Veil (DMU) 97
2 The Eternal Wanderer (ONE) 11
1 Jace, the Perfected Mind (ONE) 57
2 Teferi, Temporal Pilgrim (BRO) 66
3 Vraska, Betrayal's Sting (ONE) 115
3 The Wandering Emperor (NEO) 42
1 Plaza of Heroes (DMU) 252
1 Takenuma, Abandoned Mire (NEO) 278
1 Otawara, Soaring City (NEO) 271
1 Eiganjo, Seat of the Empire (NEO) 268
1 Seachrome Coast (ONE) 258
4 Underground River (BRO) 267
2 Caves of Koilos (DMU) 244
4 Deserted Beach (MID) 260
2 Shattered Sanctum (VOW) 264
4 Shipwreck Marsh (MID) 267
1 Darkslick Shores (ONE) 250
4 Raffine's Tower (SNC) 254
1 Sorin the Mirthless (VOW) 131

Sideboard
1 Duress (XLN) 105
1 Spell Pierce (XLN) 81
2 Negate (RIX) 44
2 Temporary Lockdown (DMU) 36
1 Cut Down (DMU) 89
2 Pilfer (DMU) 102
3 Disdainful Stroke (GRN) 37
2 Cut Down (DMU) 89

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Who is a good Proliferate Commander in H Brawl? Atraxa, Praetor's Voice isn't in yet so I dunno who else shits out the needed counters in the needed colors. I've been using Ajani the Greathearted since green/white has some good proliferate and counters, but it's been kinda eh.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Has anyone ever publicly whined about being punished for roping, to at least confirm that they do something about roping? Like if there's one thing that just ruins the play experience on a comparable level to playing against mono blue, it would be roping. It's not a high percentage of matches, but the ones that rope can just ruin the mood for more.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

I forgot how fun it is to not be in HBrawl hellqueue. I imagine at some point Atraxa, Praetor's Voice will be put there, but for now, I'm just enjoying playing against normal decks that aren't hyper tuned to be annoying.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Khanstant posted:

Haha why does arena have Breach the Multiverse 92% off all hidden at the end of the daily deals scroll? More 92% off sales please. Have they been doing this often and I never noticed? ~300 gold feels like exactly the right normal price for a rare card skin.

They used to put the deep discount -90% stuff at the start of the scroll. I guess they started to sort by ascending discount for some reason?

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

I thought we were able to be able to save our preferred style for individual cards now? I can't seem to find how to do that.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

kalel posted:

you can click the arrow next to a card in your collection and expand its styles, which you can favorite with the heart icon

card reprints of different rarities are considered different cards, not different cards styles edit: wrong. But you have to be careful when importing decks, because The game isn't smart enough to substitute in printings of cards you own when the copied list calls for another

This works for lands (and apparently not even all lands), but not regular cards. For example, I'm looking at Eiganjo, Seat of the Empire, and there seems to be no way to default to the Japanese art of it.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

See, I thought that was how it worked, but I set the Eiganjo to my preferred one, close out the collection or deck builder (I tried with both) and tried to make a new deck, and it once again defaulted to the latest style I got, which is not the one I prefer. It's such a stupid thing but goddammit I want to see these cool arts without having to manually choose them!

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

I played against a HBrawl deck (as Atraxa, Praetor's Voice Superfriends) where the only creature was seemingly Kenrith and I still almost lost. Goddamn.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

The worst part about Sunfall is that it doesn't give you any credit for the worst daily quest.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Those arts were an easy windmill slam purchase when the bundle was available. It's me, I'm the guy who cares about cosmetics.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Are the servers really slow for people today? It felt like I was getting slow played all day, but from the server itself (i.e., I would play a land, and then it would take a few seconds for that action to register).

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

It really depends on the kind of deck you're playing. I realized that with my Atraxa, Praetor's Voice Superfriends deck doesn't really want to hold back mana too much since I need to play the walkers to hit their ult, so I only really have Wash Away to give myself that time.

I'm not saying this is necessarily optimal, but if your deck depends on a payoff instead of just being a value pile, you probably want to have as many opportunities as you want to get that payoff as you want.

Having a themed Brawl deck is more fun than having a value pile anyway.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Are daily quests / weeklies resetting tomorrow?

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Is there a reason why I can't search for cards that give - 1/-1 counters? I wanted to have something for Atraxa, Praetor's Voice, but I can't figure out the syntax. +1/+1 counters works fine though.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

kalel posted:

The dash "-" is a reserved symbol in the syntax that means "not," e.g. "-t:Human" == "any card that does not have the Human type"

try wrapping the text in quotes like "-1" or "-1/-1"

This worked! Thanks! But man those are some dire options for -1/-1 counters.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Sac effects count, yeah. Going up against a Rakdos sac deck is a good way to clear that quest.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Why are the astrology lands so drat expensive, holy hell.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

I didn't even remember Vanquish the Horde and By Invitation Only existed. Don't forget also White Sun's Twilight, which is an expensive sweeper but also doubles as a win con) and Wandering Emperor.

...maybe I should just make oops all sweepers for that "Destroy X creatures" quest.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

One of my greatest joys in Standard is using Farewell to clear the board, except for the creatures / planeswalkers under Ossification and the like.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Be a pro like me and get The Raven Man, who shits out a bird on each player's turn.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

These lands in the shop are so drat beautiful.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

That RG dino deck popping up in Standard is pretty harsh. Everything's a goddamn threat, and my Esper midrange can't really stabilize against it the way it can against, say, mono R or soldiers.

I've had better luck with Oops all wipes, but it's still pretty harsh.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Dino Combo isn't a good deck but I'll be damned if suddenly having 6 8/6 dinosaurs coming on board and swinging isn't fun as gently caress.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Turn 1 Hypnotic Spectre crew represent.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

I stuck a Blood Moon vs an Atraxa HBrawl deck. It was an amazing feeling. What a rush.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

As a bad MTG player, I imagine Anzrag is like Sheoldred in that it's a 4 drop you need a solution for or else you're going to be pretty hosed. The difference is that Sheoldred is in a much better color and can be thrown into many decks for shits and giggles, whereas Anzrag has a much more narrow archetype it fits in that isn't particularly good right now.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Is anyone else seeing a weird cone whenever a creature attacks? At first I thought it was a visual representation of some keyword but apparently not?

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

They could probably halve the rope timer and not see that much difference from its intended purpose, while reducing the badfeels when people abuse it.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

reignonyourparade posted:

There are absolutely quite reasonable combos where you still end up racing against the clock, so no I don't think that's true at all.

Discouraging combo decks is a positive benefit.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

I never drafted All Will Be One, is it meant to be "make the best Toxic deck" or is it just coincidence that all my matchups are based around poison counters?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

I mean just a few weeks ago they introduced a bunch of visual bugs. That they still haven't fixed (I haven't downloaded the MKM patch).