Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Robbie Coltrane has died.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Sounds like it’s probably a crossover, which for those not in the know is basically a standard hatchback with a raised profile. Unless you have a physical condition that is helped by the raised and upright position it makes it worse in every conceivable way; far more susceptible to rollovers, worse fuel economy, worse handling and more dangerous to pedestrians.

So of course they’re crazy popular and manufacturers are killing off more hatchbacks in favour of them.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Looks like a SEAT Tarraco, which is indeed an SUV and not cheap either.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Taken far too soon.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

HopperUK posted:

I went to see Stonehenge about 25 years ago and it was a bit rubbish. You couldn't get anywhere near it and it's really windy on that plain, it was cold as gently caress. I dunno if they've put better facilities in around it now or what, but there are lots of other stone circles you could go and visit.

e: dreadful snipe. Look everyone I've got a star now, I'm afraid I am already mad with power

I last visited 5 years ago and thought it was quite nice. There’s a large visitor centre with a cafe and gift shop, along with small exhibit of sorts showcasing various artefacts. There’s also a replica mud hut village just outside that shows how people at the time would’ve lived.

It’s a not insignificant walk to the stones and there’s a walkway you stick to. Unfortunately you cannot get close up to the stones. However given how tourists love to take samples or carve messages into things o think it’s one of those necessary evils.

Monstrous queues though. If you don’t want to wait for ages make sure you’re an English Heritage member and book your tickets online. Then you get to stroll straight through.