Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Still better than Liz Truss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Trickjaw posted:

I highly doubt it will be merry for anyone.

You’re clearly forgetting the large numbers of people who might be freed of their torment and graced with the sweet release of freezing or starving to death

You know, Tory goals

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Diet Crack posted:

The Queen's death is both objectively and subjectively funny. PM not required.

I am really looking forward to the feeling of smug derision and superiority I will have for the professional grief athletes who clog up London, weeping and laying down flowers for someone who couldn’t have given the slightest gently caress about them, while I drink bottle after bottle of champagne to toast the inevitable demise of the monarchy

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Cigar-smoking anti-abortionist Health Secretary and climate-denialist short-seller Business and Energy Secretary sound like characters from Yes, Minister

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

This “where is the money coming from” line of argument from Labour is so dumb. Money is an elaborate fiction based on government assigning value to work done, Labour should be attacking the fact that the idea is incredibly bad and that we are incentivising energy companies to continue shafting the people, when we should be loving nationalising them.

But nationalising public services would be a proper Labour policy, so of course they won’t say that.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Venomous posted:

they're trying to paint Truss as a hypocrite. This is a bad idea, because fascists are inherently hypocritical. Neoliberalism is atrocious at antifascism.

It also relies on them having enough of a sense of shame to worry about being called a hypocrite. If the last few years has taught us anything, it’s that Tories have no shame

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

How many of the energy firms could the government just outright buy with this £100b?

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

I just want it to happen on a day when I’m working from home, so I don’t get beaten up for being happy about it

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Come on, this is so unfair, they’ve got all our hopes up, how long can they keep us hanging on like this

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Why? Is that because too much later risks ruining Andrew’s bedtime?

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

No, just his girlfriend's

Hiyoooooooooooo!

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

ThomasPaine posted:

lets get a sweepstakes going for when queeny dies then

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Mega Comrade posted:

Can we stop with the Truss fetish/anal stuff please. It's very easy to hate on the dumb Tory without being misogynistic about it.

Yes, because no-one ever commented on anything sexual to do with any male prime ministers, heaven forfend!

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

“she wanted to understand the lives and struggles of her people”

You loving liar, she definitely didn’t

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

I have just got home after a long day in the North, and my wife told me that she had to have a word with the kids for actively celebrating when they heard

So proud

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

:hmmyes:

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Either that, or the queen was the lurpak and/or Michelin man

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Diorama posted:

Never really got back into broadcast TV, and just don't get the saturation of big media events in the same way that I used to (unless I'm the one who can't stop, like the first 48 hours or so of the Ukraine sitch).

Don't know where I'm going with this.

I know what you mean: when I was a kid, it was just habit to turn the TV on and leave it running for the whole night until everyone went to bed. Since moving out, going to university and not having a working TV aerial, that habit got kicked out of me, so now I literally never watch scheduled television. It’s great.

Scientastic fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Sep 10, 2022

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

crispix posted:

would be p funny if they had a quiet family service and that coffin contains a bunch of her favourite corgis she had frozen for the occasion :laugh:

I mentioned to my wife that I thought it was funny that all these people were lining up to see the coffin, and that for all they knew it was empty, and she looked at me like I’d said I thought the moon landings were faked

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

fuctifino posted:

https://twitter.com/D_Raval/status/1569946954616143872

:allears:

e: changed link to a slightly longer clip of keith

What a bunch of loving snowflakes royalist tory simps are, they can't tolerate anyone saying anything they disagree with. When will this woke mob stop cancelling dissent?

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Holy poo poo, the BBC have a livestream of the coffin, you get a few seconds of shuffling past it and then you’re moved on, well worth the queue

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

After all that queuing, I’d want a minimum of a selfie with the open casket, maybe a bit of ventriloquism or something

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

I’m going to the Roald Dahl museum this weekend. Apparently, the extra stuff they had planned for Roald Dahl Story Day (13th of September) is too disrespectful, but all the other live stuff they do is fine? Maybe they’ll block the bit of the museum where the Queen has the BFG round for breakfast…

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Oh it's just one day? That they've cancelled this year? Bit of a shame. I guess?

Yes? Me and my kids are perfectly capable of having a nice day out celebrating books that they love without it impacting anyone else, I find it incredibly frustrating that they’ve done this.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

London has two rivers, one full of turds, leeches and parasites

And there’s also the Thames

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

anti-Meghan posts on twitter all slagging her off for holding Harry's hand

I’ve not been paying attention at all, so I missed this. What possible justification is there for slagging her off for holding her husband’s hand? What are they saying instead of the slurs they’re thinking?

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

keep punching joe posted:

Her organs don't match up with regular human folks.

Any matching organ recipients can grow them back anyway

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Tesseraction posted:

Please wait patiently for the queue to resume. Perhaps in some sort of orderly structure.

How do you close a queue? Are they going to have police at the end of the queue, telling people to gently caress off? What do they plan on doing if people ignore them? Can you be arrested for standing on a street in London? So many queuestions

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

I look forward to the inevitable data leak of email addresses and subsequent lynching of people who said some variant of "gently caress off, I'm not watching that poo poo"

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

What do you think happens to the mouse after you release it into the wild?

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Yeah mine too. I'm kinda thinking of rehoming my cats, it's not fair to them if I have them live in a cold house this winter. That would be a last resort though. They'll probably just rehome themselves anyway they know the neighbours better than I do.

I used to live in a tenement flat in Edinburgh, which we were too poor to heat, and my two cats were absolutely fine over winter, I wouldn’t worry about it too much.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Cats have survived millions of years without central heating yes, but this generation of cats understand that there are houses that are perfectly warm and houses that are cold.

Are you telling us you have snowflake millennial cats?

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Nenonen posted:

When you say "too poor to heat", just to be clear I assume you mean "keeping temperature way down" rather than "turning everything off".

No, we literally did not have heat or hot water, that was money we had to spend on food. The cats were fine, we spent a lot of time under duvets.

I wouldn’t recommend it, it wasn’t much fun, but it is doable, the four of us survived.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

My daughter and I are going to have an Indiana Jones marathon tomorrow, watching ALL THREE movies instead of the funeral, with Bombay mix and custard creams.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

NotJustANumber99 posted:

theyre filming number 5 now

Nah, you’ve slid into the better universe. We traded having Liz Truss as Prime Minister for George Lucas dying in the 80s

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Barry Foster posted:

I didn't realise literally everything would be closed

Have you been living under a rock for the last couple of weeks. Can’t open a shop up, that would be DISRESPECTING THE MEMORY OF ARE QUEEN

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Barry Foster posted:

Yeah, but I figured, like, the little co-op would be open. Or the petrol station wild bean cafe. Or something

That said, yes, I have been avoiding all this nonsense to the absolute best of my abilities

Fear of being mobbed by lunatics and lunatic-adjacent sheep who are also afraid of being outed for not caring

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

OwlFancier posted:

I'm really loving sick of all these stupid bastards on the telly pontiifcating about how loving amazing the royals are and how it's incredible how hard they work and all the terrible hardships they endure.

Absolutely loaded and protected by the resources of an entire country, literally impossible for them to come to any sort of harm and no expense will be spared to keep them in a state of utter idyll, any loving poor bastard who works a normal job and has to live with the threat of starving to death if they don't keep at it, their families and kids maybe too, ten thousand times more admirable than any one of these loving rich cunts.

Christ I wish I could snap my fingers and rot everyone one of them from the inside.

I hope there's others watching it and getting turned the same way cos christ alive this poo poo is nauseating.

:hmmyes:

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Watching the bit where Indiana Jones just shoots the guy with the sword while drinking tea from my Sex Pistols mug, everyone mourns differently

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

OwlFancier posted:

I'm a little surprised there is not more complaint about camilla being the queen, literally same rank as er maj

That’s literally why they make huge pains to call her queen consort instead of queen, there is a whole system in place so that no-one ever outranks the eternal godqueen emperor