Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

"The current government guidance for UK-based companies in this situation is that products placed on the UK market will need to adopt the new UKCA conformity marking. But for UK companies placing goods on the EU market, the option to self-certify will cease.

Instead, they will need to use an EU-recognised notified body to confirm compliance."

Ahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahaha

Hell isle isolating itself from imports and exports on any certifiable products is peak Brexit. Holy loving poo poo this is stupid.

Also lollin that we pay 25% Tariffs on steel to export from the UK..... to the UK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Labourfluid

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

sebzilla posted:

Some belters in this word cloud

https://twitter.com/PeoplePolling/status/1565639045568516098?s=20&t=PgjG82V67RAiN-PSRGAbww

Nearly at the promised 20 points though

This can't be real, C**t isn't present

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

There's 'wet' in there too lol

:hmmyes:

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

OwlFancier posted:

I encourage readers to make their own knob jokes.

Three leaves long

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

the only ski slopes in the UK are the powderous peaks of the toilets in the Palace of Westminster

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Won't someone think of the influencers and their ad revenue!?!?!

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Meanwhile CO2 costs go up so maybe revise that figure from £2000 to £20

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

OzyMandrill posted:

The UK is a turning around zone for Chinese goods in bulk to Europe, which I assume is the drive behind the EU asking that we actually start certifying poo poo instead of just waving it through Actual trade that stops in the UK is hosed. Customs is deliberately obscure and contrary to non-EU sources. My missus works in wholesale, and EU trade has dropped 90%, and what they do try to do gets held up/lost/returned at a ludicrous rate. Like 1 in 10 consignments will have an issue despite paperwork being the same for all.

You won't be able to self certify for selling items into Europe as of Jan 1st 2023, all due to the certifying for UKCA. You can have UKCA & CE certification on products by slapping a sticker on though until 2015, but that's dependent on Chinese suppliers actually getting the certification applied to their goods. You have to certify through an EU agency now for CE markings as an example with low voltage electronics, measuring equipment etc.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

serious gaylord posted:

Distributors are responsible for the CA certification I thought? We're having to make sure all the stuff we sell is getting CA marked and if not we have to pay for the testing.

I also think the extension to the CA deadline came with the caveat of 'If it has a CE mark it counts as having a CA mark' too but I could be wrong on that.

As of Jan 1st it must have the UKCA marking and the CE mark is not accepted as it is currently - as I understand it the manufacturer is responsible for the markings and compliance unless you have a third party go and inspect the process and certify it. I don't think it's legal to just whack a UKCA sticker on it. Importing through customs will probably want to see the actual certifying documentation - though who loving knows how that's going to work or if it will even work given the amount of nonsense Brexit has caused.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

There is no Hadrian's wall to split this prison complex

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Get hocked up on Glitterworld drugs and call in the Nanobots

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

drafting FOI request on how much we're going to pay for the inevitable Vogue shoot for this vapid gently caress

Can't wait until the vacant minded Labour inherits this mess with Sir Mop at the helm - just ensuring another 4 loving decades of Tory rule.

Diet Crack fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Sep 5, 2022

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

evilmiera posted:

I put 100 bucks on the dumbest possible option winning the competition and somehow I only won a total of 150 bucks off the bet.

Odds aren't great when there's two runners and one spaffed his chance entirely

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

The Queen's death is both objectively and subjectively funny. PM not required.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

NotJustANumber99 posted:

As a loyal subject I beg to differ.

Let me enjoy the last of this "democracy" ok

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Scientastic posted:

I am really looking forward to the feeling of smug derision and superiority I will have for the professional grief athletes who clog up London, weeping and laying down flowers for someone who couldn’t have given the slightest gently caress about them, while I drink bottle after bottle of champagne to toast the inevitable demise of the monarchy

I'll bring two bottles

e: how long until it gets found out that we're buying Russian oil via Saudi because OPEC are pieces of poo poo?

Diet Crack fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Sep 5, 2022

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Or their Dungeon

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Jeherrin posted:

Guess who the latest commercial private owner of PV arrays is in this country?

Sainsbury’s. They put those store and warehouse roofs to work.

The question is, why weren't they doing this 10 years ago when the same PV cell tech was available?
"FIND A BETTER THING TO PUT UP THERE THAN NETTING, THINK OF THE PIGEONS"

(don't show those same people the rooftops of all the buildings in London or they might have an aneurysm, there's nets *everywhere*)

Diet Crack fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Sep 6, 2022

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

'Responding to Truss’s appointment, Sir Rocco Forte, the Brexiter hotelier and Tory donor who hit out at Boris Johnson earlier this year, said: “From what I have seen of her, Liz Truss is a very determined person and has a very clear idea as to what she has to do. I am very hopeful.”'

Get struck by lightning you dope

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

If anything she probably invited him for tea, crumpets and some noncery. You can't trust anyone who serves cucumber sandwiches, let alone someone who demands they be cut a certain way and have no crust.

Diet Crack fucked around with this message at 11:47 on Sep 6, 2022

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

If she had any balls he'd be out of a hospital window by now

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Where can I bet on Truss banking on relations with the Queen being positive because they both have the name "Liz"

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Answers Me posted:

So technically right now there is no Prime Minister, which means the Queen is fully in charge of everything, right? As we’re on the chaos timeline I fully expect her to drop dead before she gets to meet Truss.

Technically also the best timeline, the best introduction to the parliamentary system of a filibuster ever

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Either Truss is wearing 9 inch heels or the Queen is 4'6

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

What's the over/under on her outlasting May and also the odds against Boris?

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Money Printer Go Brrrrrr
https://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/bloomberg/europe-s-lehman-warning-on-energy-prompts-flurry-of-cash-aid/47878814

Diet Crack fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Sep 7, 2022

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

It costs 20 mil just to make a CO2 container ship to move the poo poo, at the bare minimum.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

crispix posted:

dry anal MP is terez coffee imo

Probably enough rear end dew to get the job done

We're all in this great dry run up the bum together :britain:

Diet Crack fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Sep 7, 2022

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Not if it's created by home grown, British products

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

'Hannah Bardell (SNP) asks why her constituents should have faith she can suffer the “ongoing humanitarian crisis” caused by the energy crisis. And will Truss be as “corrupt” as her predecessor?

Sir Lindsay Hoyle, the Speaker, asks Bardell to withdraw the word corrupt.

Bardell says: “Sometimes the truth hurts, but I’m happy to withdraw.”'

Get in the loving bin Lindsay and drown in the bin juice.

I pray for a larger sinkhole underneath Whitehall every single loving day.

This gem just sums it all up - yes Liz, those people work REAL hard to take home exec pay packets for doing absolutely nothing.

"Starmer says Truss is choosing to hand water companies polluting the rivers a tax cut. And banks are getting a tax cut. Companies doing well are getting a £17bn tax cut, while stroke victims wait an hour for an ambulance and criminals walk the streets with impunity. Why does she think it is right to protect Shell’s profits and to give Amazon a tax break?

Truss says she is on the side of people who work hard. She will deliver jobs and opportunities."

Diet Crack fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Sep 7, 2022

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

I don't know if passing off all female PMs being Tory is a good thing given their track records of being utterly shite, Theresa

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

happyhippy posted:

I'm surprised the pound or stocks aren't crashing

Give it.. *checks watch* 1.5 to 26 hours.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Carbon too!

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

I withdraw the word until the next question is asked Mr. Speaker.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Please lord, just for the timeline - let her die already. I want another day off

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

kecske posted:

there's no day off for the death, only for the funeral and for the coronation of ol' sausage fingers

Sign me up

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Liz Feet Under

Gonna be hilarious when we find out Truss has both Covid and Monkeypox from going dry raw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001