Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

Guavanaut posted:

Strap-ons are stored in the sporran.

That's what the bagpipes are for.

Anyway, I refuse to believe 'chav' for the NE, unless they're just translating 'charva'..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

EvilHawk posted:

Charles becomes king the moment the Queen is declared dead, despite not being crowned

quote:

The only thing known to go faster than ordinary light is monarchy, according to the philosopher Ly Tin Wheedle. He reasoned like this: you can't have more than one king, and tradition demands that there is no gap between kings, so when a king dies the succession must therefore pass to the heir instantaneously. Presumably, he said, there must be some elementary particles -- kingons, or possibly queons -- that do this job, but of course succession sometimes fails if, in mid-flight, they strike an anti-particle, or republicon. His ambitious plans to use his discovery to send messages, involving the careful torturing of a small king in order to modulate the signal, were never fully expanded because, at that point, the bar closed.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

https://twitter.com/DrFrancisYoung/status/1569989633152372737?t=qXM5SRx6ZR3n6L3ZswwxuA&s=19

Happy DND to all who celebrate

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

https://twitter.com/rogerwaters/status/1573002395147468800?t=MDfO_3-5QKcJb9Bqqu3JQg&s=19

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

I worked with someone yesterday who went to see The Coffin.

Apparently she said she had a moment of realization as to why the gently caress did she pay for a ticket down to london to stand in line to see the loving dead queen when she's the one who's skint, but then apparently rationalized it as "it makes money"(???)

She's a bit mental.

The whole Queue thing was a weird collective hallucination/punishment.

https://twitter.com/PennyRed/status/1571808305135108097?t=y7jMQYuhkTxjIoja5umWhw&s=19

I can actually kind of understand the people who did it for a relative - it's still objectively dumb but it's a show of respect for their own family and not some fancy hatted parasite.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mebh posted:

Huh, it was fine over summer and the heatwave even though it definitely got above 45. The internal temp didn't waver. Its a socking great big, silver floor to ceiling fridge tho from Spain. Guess I'll keep dig out the user manual and see if they have guidelines
You should actually be keeping your fridge in noted coldest room in the house, the kitchen,

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Bellmaker posted:

I'm not surprised the folks setting up Paddington Bear and marmalade sandwich shrines across the country for the queen are upset by this. There's only room for one bear in their hearts :rolleyes:
I have news for them
https://twitter.com/Kegluneq1103/status/1575483875618234368?t=QRr7Z4OD8vwOZ4Qkd0RdQA&s=19

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

I have an interview tomorrow!

Sadly it's an internal one for a business analysis/management role (I have zero experience or interest in the actual team management side). It would be a decent pay bump and I get on pretty well with all levels of management here, but it'll definitely be of the 'talk about the projects you've run!' kind and ehhhhh. I mainly applied so the role wouldn't go to a person worse than me :v:

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Convex posted:

Good luck mate. Be honest and make sure you think of at least one good question to ask them before going in. Also, talk a little bit slower than you usually would from the start, it'll give you more time to think and also make you less likely to trip over words and make mistakes.
This advice is laser guided for me, cheers :)

I am extremely horrible at interviews in general, as 'talking positively about myself' and 'remembering good things I've done' are things my brain just does not want to do under pressure. Earlier this year we had to reapply for our own roles as part of a restructure, and despite being extremely well settled in my role the experience was complete hell.

Best of luck to anyone with interviews soon!

NotJustANumber99 posted:

i never prepare for interviews just rely on natural charm and charisma
Yeah same

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Rarity posted:

This is an immediate sign to find a new job imo. If I'm going to have to go through the stress of a job application it should at least be for something that's better than where I'm at
Oh for sure, a lot of people did leave as a direct result who were a definite loss. I'm pretty happy with what I'm doing now but if they make us go through the process again I'm for sure re-examining options.

Microplastics posted:

If they offer a drink, take it. There is so much benefit to being asked a question while you're taking a sip so that you can start braining out your answer without it looking like a dumb awkward pause
It was a Teams interview but I did make sure to take pauses for sage thought and contemplation.

Not that it helped as they were clearly looking for someone with a different skillset to me :v: I'm not too annoyed, at least it's practice.

Microplastics posted:

Also

It pays to prepare and memorise a crib sheet with common interview questions, here's an example of mine (the blank bits are when i tailor it to a particular application)

This is actually pretty useful!

Though most of my day is spent dealing with less technically able staff members, so I'm definitely not stealing these answers...

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

https://twitter.com/JoshBerryComedy/status/1584583232703860737?t=N1NRHIkqx-rPWVYzNbFjUg&s=19

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

In case you were wondering why his family grassed on him:
https://twitter.com/DavidCollinsST/status/1591493037850779649?t=BSfWx9in8-URJQ9Ft49xyg&s=19

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Do not say Boris and gunge in the same post, my god.
Can it at least be the execution septic tank from Consider Phlebas?

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

God that sucks. Thank you for the closure, and he will be missed.

RIP GDT. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Truly the fanciest owl! Good job there.