Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Dabir posted:

Are chavs not specifically a London thing?

it's somewhere between a social class and a subculture, not geographically tied

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

OwlFancier posted:

No I got the tape measure and looked at it because I keep forgetting how big an inch is.

I learned primarily in cm as a kid so I keep having this feeling that inches are like, massive, but they're smaller than I think.

I encourage readers to make their own knob jokes.

it needs a helpful mnemonic, like the Going Metric ones from the sixties:

A metre measures three feet three,
It's longer than a yard, you see.

Two and a quarter pounds of Jam
Weighs about a kilogram.

A litre of water's a pint and three quarters.

and some others I don't remember

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Jeherrin posted:

And call me old-fashioned, but I don't think cunts should be in positions of power.

every time a figurehead emerges above the parapet of left wing ideology, the ancient westminster dredging machines begin to turn to scrape up anything and everything they can on them and their past. Then they post it all on twitter and just like flinging poo poo at a wall, eventually something sticks and then that's it. we all collectively throw our arms up and abandon all hope and interest in that movement. meanwhile, the material conditions of existence for anyone outside of the 1% steadily deteriorate, the planet warms another quarter degree, and the cycle begins anew.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

bessantj posted:

Anybody in this thread been to Exeter university? Is it any good? I have a nephew starting there this year.

a couple years ago it was #3 in the UK for 'students most likely to contract an STI'

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

surely the negotiating position will just be 'either we can pay X a month, remain open and pay that amount going forward, or our business collapses and you get nothing'

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

9021 people let us down by not voting sunak

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I thought Boris would be safe forever because you wouldn't be able to find someone worse to replace him

There are always worse things waiting. You think you have seen the most terrible thing, the one that coalesces all your nightmares into a freakish horror that actually exists, and the only consolation is that there can be nothing worse. Even if there is, your mind will snap at the sight of it, and you will know no more. But there is worse, your mind does not snap, and somehow you carry on. You might understand that all the joy has gone out of the world for you, you might wish you were the one who was dead - but you go on. You might realize that you are in a hell of your own making, but you go on nevertheless. Because there is nothing else to do.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

yeah but not in the UK

im hearing only good things about Tonantzintla 618

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Tigey posted:

Ugh! Having those ugly things on the neighbours' roof? It would ruin the view! Just think of the impact on property prices!

they don't want to look at them because they are a constant and inescapable reminder that The World Is Different Now

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

NotJustANumber99 posted:

how easy is it to start my own one man band fracking business?

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Wondering if next week's strikes will go ahead if she does go 'over the rainbow bridge' (or is that just pets?) before then?

Bifröst is open to everyone (unless you are a giant)

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Diet Crack posted:

Please lord, just for the timeline - let her die already. I want another day off
there's no day off for the death, only for the funeral and for the coronation of ol' sausage fingers

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

I assume they won't announce anything at all until all the extraneous blood relatives have arrived to make the sigils and incantations, and complete the ritual

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

EvilHawk posted:

Charles becomes king the moment the Queen is declared dead, despite not being crowned

imagine I posted a gif of the scene in the dark crystal where the old emperor is moments from death and his successor leans in to nab the staff and the old emp. starts yelling 'no it's mine!' and then crumbles into dust

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Just Another Lurker posted:

Let all the illegal immigrants supplicate themselves before the tomb of Liz II. :britain:

they'll be marched into the grinder to feed her eternal soul

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Nenonen posted:

Has anyone checked if the queen is really dead or just hibernating?

just a phase change, the music will pick up in a minute, watch out for aoe breath attack

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Diet Crack posted:

So that jubilee was a big loving waste then

got a free day off for platty joobs m8

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Rarity posted:

Look when your fetish is the passing of a head of state you have to take your opportunities when they come
cometh the hour, cometh the man

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

I think all? of the strike action is postponed. Public opinion is important but fickle and they would get absolutely smoked if they weren't running trains so people could go to London and press F pay respects or whatever.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

keep punching joe posted:

Look at this cunts hand!

at least he doesnt have to memorise his speeches or anything

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

WhatEvil posted:

So like, the bank holiday is gonna be taken out of your standard yearly holiday allowance, right? So it's not an "extra day off" it's just "now you have one less day of holiday you can take when you want", right?

the platty joobs was an additional bank holiday so I assume the funeral will be one too

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Mega Comrade posted:

I didn't attend either, do you love me?

were you invited???

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

as I scrolled past I read it as NONCE

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

OwlFancier posted:

Want to say GY!BE before seeing GY!BE.
gay yaoi! big erections

e: queenposting has homogenised all the uk threads so now im shitposting in the wrong one :reject:

kecske fucked around with this message at 10:03 on Sep 13, 2022

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Angrymog posted:

Do you think he asked Anne and she said no? Or did he go straight to Prince Nonce?

I think it's just the next X amount of people by line of succession are put on standby, rather than being specifically selected

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

is Charles not still waiting to be interviewed by the Met as part of that cash-for-honours thing that went on a while back?

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

bessantj posted:

Should I be surprised that there are people criticising Harry and Megan for holding hands?

they could announce they are secretly scientists who've solved the energy crisis and cured cancer and those people would still find something to piss and moan about

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

the pound is the weakest and inflation is the highest its ever been in my life. what a time to be alive

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

I had a solitary mouse visitor for a couple of weeks who would pop out from behind the kickboard in the kitchen and venture out into the other rooms. Totally ignored all the live catch and poison traps. Ultimately caught him by waiting until he was in another room and then putting down a line of sticky pads across the kitchen door threshold, then making a banging noise to spook him into running back into the kitchen and onto the pads. Haven't seen any others since then, but have been behind all the kitchen units plugging holes.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Trickjaw posted:

Often, it is the only recourse left that won't get you raided.

*rapidly approaching sounds of a wheelchair in the distance, shrouded in cloak of billowing smoke*

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

it looks like a star wars probe droid on a pedestal

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Jakabite posted:

It was called something No. 69 (nice) just of Essex Road in Islington if anyone’s sufficiently interested to try it themselves. There was also a man playing the piano in a pretty honky tonk style which was fun.

69 Colebrooke Row ('the bar with no name') is that tiny little bar with like 6 tables on 2 floors. Boris Johnson used to live on that street there and it was also in the area that got a burst water main that flooded all the rich bods with basement art galleries in their houses.

that's my tedious local trivia

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Angrymog posted:

the route I wanted to take the horse out on

I think you're supposed to use a little tent for that? idk I'm not a horse knower

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

HopperUK posted:

in the end we don't actually know what's coming down the pipe.

:itwaspoo:

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

I cannot articulate how loving stupid this whole circus of cunts is.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

what's a moka? one of those stove top coffee things?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always