Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

A lot of people just getting to their 40s and here I am just turning 30, what do I have to look forward to? apart from y'know, everything going to poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

Barry Foster posted:

Yeah, but I figured, like, the little co-op would be open. Or the petrol station wild bean cafe. Or something

That said, yes, I have been avoiding all this nonsense to the absolute best of my abilities

I'm working today 2PM-10PM at a SPAR shop so there's bound to be some places open, not everything is closed. (I'm also being paid normal wage also, FFFFFUCK RETAIL)

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

DesperateDan posted:

your boss is stealing from you

return the favour

do they still do those plates with the red and green check design around the edge?
So my brother is getting paid at Tesco contracted pay plus 1.5x regular wage, so is getting £~30 an hour for stacking shelves because its closed and when I approach my manager with that info their only response was "well, we aren't tescos are we :laughing emoji: " you can bet im going to celebrate today in my own way because gently caress this company. In regards to the plates I don't think so but we have a whole display for funeral stuff in all black and white including plates and it sold out in half a day.

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

Tesseraction posted:

he was carrying 5 crates on a little wheelie thing and turned to see it and was like "well I'm not going to drop these in the street to fail to catch a thief"
Shoplifting in general has probably increased tenfold over the last six months where I work, it's a sign of things to come.
Working on the queen's funeral and two guys in their 20s walked in, took a basket and helped themselves to several cases of dairy milk chocolate and ran away. You kind have to feign annoyance and anger at them but fair play, I'm not going to stop them and police never come out for shoplifting anyway.