Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Ultra Carp

Kalli posted:

if McDaniels wanted to go ahead and have a complete meltdown and get fired by say, the middle of October that'd be cool

Oh no, you're stuck with Patricia for the season and you'll like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I feel like there's a 50/50 chance between McDaniels either having learned his lesson and becoming boringly competent, or going completely off the rails into a spectacular meltdown.
He has a GM this time instead of full control so I feel like our chances of fireworks are lower :(

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

He has a GM this time instead of full control so I feel like our chances of fireworks are lower :(

It's also the Raiders.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

The raiders literally can't afford to fire him after one year so if he is a dumpster fire then we get a few years of it.

I'm pretty sure there were some articles that talked about how little liquid cash the raiders had/have. I'm not gonna look for them tho

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

EmbryoSteve posted:

I'm pretty sure there were some articles that talked about how little liquid cash the raiders had/have. I'm not gonna look for them tho
I feel like I've been seeing this for years with no evidence. Not calling you out but it just seems like a rumor someone started based on some random piece of info. The value of Raiders has jumped up quite a bit since they moved to Vegas so I imagine the Raiders/Mark Davis are fine now even if at some point cash was tight.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Are they still on the hook for like $50 mil to Gruden or were they able to wriggle out of that because he was fired for cause or something?

God that was such an insane contract lol

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
With how valuable that franchise is now I have a hard time believing they can't get as much capital as they need.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Yeah, with the 2billion in valuation increase alone they’d be able to get a quick $250 million line of credit somewhere. Someone would loan praying they default and it turns to shares. There’s a mile long lineup of people trying to buy into the nfl, that’d be a good way to sneak in.

(Assuming they even need the cash)

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

I barely know or care about football but I love watching overpaid asshats melting down.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/bykevinclark/status/1569153116926349312

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Savage

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Didn't he accidentally admit that he lied in his interview when he claimed to have watched every offensive snap of the cowboys from the previous season?

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

syzpid posted:

Didn't he accidentally admit that he lied in his interview when he claimed to have watched every offensive snap of the cowboys from the previous season?

He claimed he watched every snap of every team in his interview, and then flat out admitted that was a lie at the press conference announcing his hiring. That story was from the Mike McCarthy PR push during his gap year between the Packers and Cowboys; that he had set up a tape room where he and his coach buddies were meticulously dissecting every team in the league in preparation of being a coach again the following season.

And Jerry was right there when he admitted that was a lie, too. He didn’t accidentally admit it, he was rubbing it in Jerry’s face. :lol:

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

And Jerry was right there when he admitted that was a lie, too. He didn’t accidentally admit it, he was rubbing it in Jerry’s face. :lol:

Mike McCarthy doing something good at least.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The Cowboys winning 12 games last year feels like a fever dream.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
When you drop this line

quote:

Asked to explain why all that happened, Kingsbury said the Chiefs "are a really good team"

And this line

quote:

We’ve got to get a lot better in a hurry,” Kingsbury said.

And some drivel about practice, when you've had in theory a whole offseason to game plan. Maybe Kliff is the one who needed the study clause.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Qwijib0 posted:

When you drop this line

And this line

And some drivel about practice, when you've had in theory a whole offseason to game plan. Maybe Kliff is the one who needed the study clause.
Sorry for the discord link but this explains a lot:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/203227948986138624/1018742586447507486/74266d590ca61144f8ba3c3d95973be9.mp4

edit: oh hey its still linking the video. This is on Murray but also on coaching.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I think Dak's injury actually makes Fat Mike's seat warmer. It's (the injury) obviously not at all his fault, but Mike looked utterly lost when he had to coach without Rodgers through the two broken collarbones and it was a big reason why he eventually got fired.

If he looks hapless and confused again in this 6-8 week stretch without Prescott we're going to hear a lot of Sean Payton or even Kellen Moore talk.

SKULL.GIF fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Sep 13, 2022

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

SKULL.GIF posted:

I think Dak's injury actually makes Fat Mike's seat warmer. It's obviously not at all his fault, but Mike looked utterly lost when he had to coach without Rodgers through the two broken collarbones and it was a big reason why he eventually got fired.

If he looks hapless and confused again in this 6-8 week stretch without Prescott we're going to hear a lot of Sean Payton or even Kellen Moore talk.

Payton is like 95% to be the Cowboys coach next year. There is like no way that doesn't happen.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Yeah Mike ain't getting any excuses this time. That offense was dogshit long before Dak got hurt.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I'm not up on my NFL coaching history, what's the connection between Sean Payton and the Cowboys? Former assistant or something? Drinking buddies with Jerruh? Both?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

C-Euro posted:

I'm not up on my NFL coaching history, what's the connection between Sean Payton and the Cowboys? Former assistant or something? Drinking buddies with Jerruh? Both?

Jerruh loves him and has pretty openly coveted him for a long time

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

C-Euro posted:

He was an assistant for the Cowboys for three years, and managed to put together competent offenses with guys like Quincy Carter and the corpse of Vinny Testaverde under center. He also pushed hard for them to draft Romo, despite most scouts not having any faith in him. So Jerry loving loves him.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Dude Nathaniel Hackett might find the hotseat this season. That was awful

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Like father like son, apparently

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Dude Nathaniel Hackett might find the hotseat this season. That was awful

Came here to post that. Baffling timeout usage.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Nathaniel Hackett in the press conference later:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZlOhSt_qW0

Nov 6, 2002

All time genius move right there.

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Sorry for the discord link but this explains a lot:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/203227948986138624/1018742586447507486/74266d590ca61144f8ba3c3d95973be9.mp4

edit: oh hey its still linking the video. This is on Murray but also on coaching.

Extreme Dan Quinn cadence in this video. It's almost uncanny.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
Probability is a hell of a drug Nate.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Still not sure how coaching staff dont have someone who can override all communications in the headset at times like this and just yell "TIMEOUT" again and again until the HC listens.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Is Hackett fired yet?

Nov 6, 2002

Paint Crop Pro posted:

Still not sure how coaching staff dont have someone who can override all communications in the headset at times like this and just yell "TIMEOUT" again and again until the HC listens.

The Chiefs hired all of those guys to stand around Andy Reid so there's none left.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

The Chiefs hired all of those guys to stand around Andy Reid so there's none left.

Shame that one of them isnt there to keep tapping a sign that says "RUN THE BALL" as per Reid tradition.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Thread title needs a Hackett pun included

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Nathaniel can’t Hackett

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

on the one hand the odds are you don't get the 5 yards on the other hand lmao. lol

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

DeimosRising posted:

on the one hand the odds are you don't get the 5 yards on the other hand lmao. lol

You have Russell Wilson, 3 time outs, and less than a minute on the clock. No one faults you for going for it on 4th & 6 there, when the alternatives are a 64 yard field goal, or a punt where you might not get the ball back.

The second worst option would be to call TO, punt, and hope you can force a 3 & out with a few seconds on the clock for a Hail Mary. Personally, I'd rather go with going for it on 4th & 6.

The worst possible option is literally to burn the clock down to 20 seconds, and then try for a 64 yard field goal, made worse by the fact that after Pete called a time out, it was obvious the kicker wasn't going to make it.

Nathaniel can't Hackett in the NFL. :smuggo:

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Ultra Carp

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

You have Russell Wilson, 3 time outs, and less than a minute on the clock. No one faults you for going for it on 4th & 6 there, when the alternatives are a 64 yard field goal, or a punt where you might not get the ball back.

The second worst option would be to call TO, punt, and hope you can force a 3 & out with a few seconds on the clock for a Hail Mary. Personally, I'd rather go with going for it on 4th & 6.

The worst possible option is literally to burn the clock down to 20 seconds, and then try for a 64 yard field goal, made worse by the fact that after Pete called a time out, it was obvious the kicker wasn't going to make it.

Nathaniel can't Hackett in the NFL. :smuggo:

Something to keep in mind as well is that even if the Broncos failed the 4th down conversion, that wouldn't have been the end—they still got three timeouts left, enough to stop the clock and potentially get the ball back with enough time for a handful of plays if they could force a three and out. It would be a hell of a long shot, but Wilson's pulled miracles out of his rear end before—and the combined odds are certainly a hell of a lot better than putting all your eggs in the basket of your kicker making an extremely low-percentage field goal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Pretty sure there were Packers fans here arguing that Hackett was a good hire because Rodgers liked him, which, lol, lmao.