Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Chances are the guy never practiced, and never had the gun ready. Typically when something like this goes down, it was user error.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Cugel the Clever posted:

The Queen of Canada was assaulted today, but her security detail kept the perp at bay.

https://twitter.com/VaxxersAnti/status/1565784811444531200?t=6o4z3L3ScDBjoFc47o0lng&s=19

Can someone explain for the slow kid?

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

The “Queen” is a mentally ill woman in Canada who some QAnon grifters have been propping up and taking advantage of. She’s told her followers, through royal decree, that they don’t have to pay taxes/bills because she’s declared Nesara/Gesara, to which a number of followers have been evicted or had their power turned off on. She told he followers to arrest a town in Ontario’s police force for not stopping people from getting the Covid vaccination. They were arrested and roughed up by the cops, while the queen and her handlers ran off.

If the consequences of this timeline were so drastic, it would be loving hysterical.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Unimportant current event- found local shop that carries Family Sauce, the condiment from Iraq.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

A.o.D. posted:

What is that like? I never went to Iraq.

I'll give a better review when I open it. I remember it being largely savory- not quite BBQ, or ketchup, or Worcestershire, but somehow kinda like all of them?
Locals put it on everything, particularly rice.

My 2nd tour, I was eating a lot of local food given by some Iraqi Army 1SG. We treated him with respect, like a soldier, and in turn, he always brought us chow when he fed his guys.

I've been looking off and on for 5 years. Stumbles into an international market and found it, along with Iraqi Pickles, and other Iraqi treats. It really, REALLY improved my weekend, even if I did keep tearing up a bit in the store.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

US Berder Patrol posted:

Wash it down with a Wild Tiger, Total Activation energy drink with nicotine or whatever that poo poo was lol

I loving looked for wild tiger. Lol

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

stealie72 posted:

Not a vet so maybe I have too much trust in the system, but I'd be a bit freaked out because I'd assume everything has receipts somewhere and some accountant will eventually catch up to it.

We already know exactly where they came from. 3/6 Marines. They've been missing for a bit. I want to know how the breakdown happened.

You also have much greater faith in the system than anyone who has been in it. Even with modern tracking and safeguards, someone familiar with the system can still make things disappear. It isn't like the old days of paper only, where dudes would steal rocket launchers, but it can still be done. That's using malice as the only factor, not institutional retardation and individual idiocy.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Chances are this was bought as a pallet lot by a surplus dealer, who never even opened the cases, just yanked them off the pallet.

Question is- how many other cases were full?

I don't know they are the 3/6 gats, but I'm seeing RUMINT supporting it in a bunch of places.

More military shenanigans- I've been in arms rooms when extra guns showed up. There was debate on what to do, because an extra gun creates more problems and paperwork than a missing one.
Knew a guy who stole a claymore to kill a deer.
In the 70s and 80s, a gently caress ton of weapons and munitions went 'missing' only to be found in militias and gangs.
Was just in the last year or so, some people bought an abandoned storage unit- filled with the Armageddon arms room of a VN Special Forces Weapons Sergeant. A couple live LAW tubes, handful of assault rifles, a few BARs, ammo, C4, and detonators.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Eej posted:

The original tweet is full of people is full of people joking about how they should've kept it like they just won a lottery ticket and I'm wondering if you really wanted to shoot a M16 couldn't you have enlisted anytime in the last I dunno, 50 years

I enlisted in 2003. Did 3 tours. Handled an M16A2 once in my entire career.

It's like they won a 2$ scratch off. Sure, you won the lottery, but really, you just created an errand.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Cugel the Clever posted:

So what's keeping some rear end in a top hat from exploiting gaps in the system to stock up their Christofascist militia's armory beyond poor OpSec leading to the Feds coming down on them?

Nothing.
Which is why so many militias and White Nationalist arsenals were made up of so much stolen munitions back in the 80s and 90s.

E- they were also caught with C4, rocket launchers, hand and launched grenades, and multiple M60s

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Defenestrategy posted:

What like a specific deer or...?

Any deer.
He just wanted to use it.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

PookBear posted:

You can steal serialized gear from an armory, but its going to eventually get audited by a higher echelon IE people from regiment or division.

In an ideal world, yes.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

All it takes is to remove one from the property list, then pass it on to the next guy. It's that simple. If enough people half rear end it, it will be long gone before anyone important notices. It might get found eventually, but the thing is long gone, as is the guy who took it.

It will probably get found out at some point- at which CPT Half rear end just ignores it.

It's not common anymore, but it still happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Is it a technical now

Nah- Technicals are non military/NTV converted with weapons.

I have some TBI, luckily it's relatively minor for the amount of head injuries I've collected. That video is horrifying