Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Delphisage posted:

I wish that one day we'd get a popular FE3 LP.

Huh, I remember we had a big one, but it looks like it never hit the archive. I remember we put a bunch of growth boosters on the dancer and made them not terrible in combat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Hell, it isn't like he's got any future with the massive nerf bat to the face that he took. He's got darn near the same stats for a 5 level boost. I say we let him have his time in the sun.

jeigan the hero

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

There's lots that could be said about that update but I'll leave it at this:

That door by lugh.:allears:

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

I've never taken cath to endgame(because why would you take a theif to endgame? But she's been my main 5 finger discounter plenty of times. Sophia is fine and turns into a powerhouse once she gets going. It's painful as poo poo to get her moving, but taking her to endgame afterwards isn't a pain at all.

I won't pretend fe6 doesn't have some real poo poo units, but it's disparity issues have a lot more to do with hard mode bonuses innately making certain characters instant gods no levels required. Which tends to result in the same 6 people on every team

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

IthilionTheBrave posted:

This hack does seem to play some interesting favoritism with at least one character I can think of, from the little I've played beyond the LP. I haven't looked to see how his growths changed, but he has a custom sprite & animation set and a kinda rad Prf weapon on what I always understood to be an otherwise bog standard "here's a replacement if your other (classnamehere) doesn't turn out well or dies" type of character.

I can't wait to see Garrett being OP

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

You can't really fault someone who is introduced to you by laughing at nartian for being an uncivilized boor as their reaction to him being a creep.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

mandatory lesbian posted:

It looks so bad lol, idk what the dev was thinking

I think that was deliberate. She's supposed to be crude looking and her vanilla and current sprite kind of aren't.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Huh, I guess my memory was off. The only real remarks on her appearance are her ending slide and her clarine support, and as you said the only descriptions were that she was unremarkable and not in the least bit effeminate.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

She's consistently insecure, but it's about herself in general. Actually discussion of her appearance is incredibly sparse to nonexistent

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Leave behind Dieck, lot, Alan, marcus

Speaking of stat boosters can you use items from the prep screen now?

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Also, vanilla cath comes in obnoxiously underleveled and with thief exp bonuses you can likely outlived the bonus for waiting. If anything it's easier to get her up to speed, because she comes low level unpromoted that late in the game which let's her level up like crazy by chipping kills. And it is stupidly easier to chip kills with her pathetic starting strength earlier than later.

Just knowing that thieves get a promotion and cath comes promoted makes waiting a potentially more sensible option.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Leave Dieck, elen, Wolt, and Lance behind on the bench

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Bors, Wade, Wolt, Elen, Debias, Lugh, Chad, Allen, Shanna, Sue, Clarine

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

I don't know what the benefit you're mentioning is, but I definitely saw a screencap of him getting combat dialogue with his old boss somewhere a while back.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

So the plan is to dump every statbooster in the game into Debias, Hero of Ostia, right?

Those talk conversations were great

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

All my votes for Debias, grand champion of the League.

Nihilarian posted:

Roland was like 1000 years ago or something, it is entirely possible one of those bandits has roland blood

You underestimate the power of inbreeding.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cattail Prophet posted:

This is also an area where FE7 really screws with things, since it establishes Eliwood as Roland's descendant, not Hector. I don't think there's a good way to make everything consistent, but personally my read is that unlocking Durandal isn't so much about the bloodline itself, it's just a secret passed down by Ostia's marquesses. (Notice how Lilina says "know how," not "can.") Athos knows how to do it because he was literally there. Why didn't Hector know? I dunno, he is kind of a meathead in FE7.

Both of them, actually. Astos calls them children of Roland plural.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Nah, it's just smothered in locks and chains, and the secret is that none of the locks are actually armed.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

The four armor knights of the apocalypse will team up with the dreaded double Jeigan.

Also, wade, trek, Saul, and lot can come along too I suppose.

It's a hard decision between axe lady and that mustache....

Gonna go with route A.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Yeah, if you're gonna kill dudes off to make space use some losers like Gonzales or Melady that nobody cares about.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Debias, Gwendolyn, Bors, Barthe, merlinus, marcus, zealot, wolt, dorothy, sue

Booky posted:

i run out of ideas, cut me some slack!!!

You forgot to include Debias, liberator of the western isles.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

You're not fooling me, postman.

Besides, as you pointed out, it was already addressed in previous lps

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Doesn't that option gently caress with her troops ai and is even more of a pain in the rear end than it sounds?

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

The general trend for lords has been a light fast sword unit that is more balanced stat wise than a myrmidon. But it's never been a real hard rule.

Archtype:
Marth
Alm(though I think he usually ends up a bit beefy although not a tank?)
Marth2 electric Boogaloo
Seliph's initial, if short lived, state
Leif
Roy
Lyn
Eliwood
Erika
Ike in fe9
Chrom
Alear

Cool trend buckers that everyone loves:
Celica (sword mage)
Sigurd (A giant ball of stats on a horse)
Seliph after he gets some exp (same as above after a few levels, but doesn't get a horse until he hits lvl 20)
Hector (Axe Armor knight that gets normal move and normal movement until he promotes)
Ephraim (first playable Lance infantry, balanced stats but leaning towards beefy and punchy over speedy)
Ike in fe 10 (big strong beefy dude that can have speed issues)
Miciah (light mage glass cannon)
Robin (sword mage)
Corrin (manakete)
Claude(flying archer, but his statline does mean you can build him as an archtypal lord if you want)
Edel (defensive, slow axe armor)
Dimitri (Big strong Lance infantry)

So long story short, yes but no. And everyone loves pretty much all the exceptions. The only one I would call frail in the trend buckers is Micah.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Look, if they don't take Shanna every map how will they know to watch out for arrows?

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Debias, the liberator, Bors, Barthe, Wendy, Shanna, thea, trek, astolpho, chad, lilina, gonzales, fir

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

YES

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Looks like fireemblemwod is still around and doing stuff. It's only partially in English, though. I don't think anyone else has ever beaten them for comprehensive maps of chapters and all the triggers.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Debias, Champion of the isles

Bors, Wendy, Barth, Geese, Gonzales, Trek, Shanna, Tate, chad, astol, Wade, Lot, Bartre, Fir

Delay Cath. If only because I always grab her first chance in the normal version of the game, and we have enough thieves to be fine waiting to see what they did with her to try and make it an interesting choice.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Ah, the joys of democracy

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cattail Prophet posted:

I'm guessing I probably know the answer to this one, but how do we feel about a Lilina/Gonzalez support?

Yeah, I mean c'mon, we have to save her for Garret. No way should we burn her supports on a temp like gonzo.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

The thing about Gonzalez is also that he's relatively RNG-proof. Not quite as much as, say, Jafar, but close enough because of 3 reasons (unless PE changed anything)

1) He gets an insane Skill boost upon promotion
2) He promotes to a Berserker in a GBA game
3) His starting HP

The absolute worst case scenario for Gonzalez is he's a Berserker who misses 1/3 - 1/4 of the time and gets knocked sideways by magic, but criticals don't miss and he should be carrying nothing but Killer Axes by that point anyways

Wait, gba checks for crit before hit?

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Yeah, I saw his base stats and went "boy did he get a glow up"

Literally.

Because his magic glows green

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Wendy, Bors, Barth, Debias, raider of tombs, Geese, Bartre

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

NeoRonTheNeuron posted:

Lalum is amazed by how well you're doing. She'd surely be more impressed if you kept winning with the lowest leveled units: Lance(10), Dorothy(11), Lot(12), Wade(12), Alen(12), Fir(12)

This is actually unironically how the gba games work. One of the ranking stats is total exp earned by all of your units

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Greenking77 posted:

Trec, Gonzalez, Shanna, Clarine, Alen, Dorothy

Also I just have to ask cause I've never seen it fully explained, exactly how bad is poison in the FE games other than Engage?

It's actually a boon because the damage is trivial so you can ignore it if needed, while it opens up a guaranteed turn where your staff users can farm some exp/weapon rank.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Debias, slayer of kings, Gwendolyn, Bors, Barthe, Geese, Gonzales, Wolt, Trek, chad, clarine, Saul, even, ray, lilina

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Sure he can marry Sue, just like that fanfic!

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

C-Euro posted:

Are you not able to use items from the prep menu in FE6?

Noooooope!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

More importantly this offsets the best secret shop in the entire series when we near end game.