Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BassMug
Jul 19, 2022

Kinu Nishimura posted:

sometimes in the gba games like, 16~19 is fine too but the point is don't promote a level 10 unit

What they said.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BassMug
Jul 19, 2022

cheetah7071 posted:

Several pages ago, but I disagree with this a bit; the Wing Spear is a huge boost to Shanna's usability, though mostly in a way that I think this thread is unlikely to explore. The easiest way to get good mileage out of Shanna in vanilla is to struggle her up to level 10 by the end of 8x, early promote her, use her as a flying taxi/dodge tank in the western isles, then dump her rear end when that stops being useful, which is very conveniently right around when Melady shows up

In Ember, the exact same strat is viable, except instead of being a struggle, getting Shanna to level 10 is both easy and useful. The Wing Spear is very powerful and lets her easily handle enemies that most of your army kind of struggles with, and just naturally using her in situations where it's good will get her most of the way to 10, only needing a tiny bit of favoritism to get the rest of the way. Her planned obsolescence means you don't need to worry about preserving it; you can just use it whenever it's handy, which is often. It's not a huge shine-up like some Ember characters got, but it's a solid buff in her niche that makes her a lot easier to use. (Starting at level 3 instead of 1 doesn't hurt the early promo plan, either)

You know, I’d never have thought to try the early promote disposable Shanna strat, but drat, that’s a really clever and pointed kind of buff. I dig it, it shows a lot of knowledge of the game. Devs knew.

BassMug
Jul 19, 2022
I just wanna see if Elen can stick around awhile. Maybe gun Elen from that ironman run can finally come to be!

BassMug
Jul 19, 2022

megane posted:

Sue cleverly hid a bow in her room.

And a horse.

No, see, the horse was in jail with her. Horse Jail.

BassMug
Jul 19, 2022

Kinu Nishimura posted:

it's time for the debias sweep...

my favorite part is when debias said “it’s debin’ time” and deb’d all over the red army

BassMug
Jul 19, 2022
Debias and Elen, otherwise no opinion.

drat, though, that map redesign sounds excellent.

BassMug
Jul 19, 2022
I just wanna see Gonzales be happy. Whatever support chain makes that happen :3:

BassMug
Jul 19, 2022
Elen, Lillina, Armor Crew, All LPer’s choice otherwise

And let’s go A route for Echidna Radness

BassMug
Jul 19, 2022

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

L'Arachel is the standard all Troubadors should aspire to be

“Were I not a holy woman, I’d beat you senseless!” is the kind of energy we all need in our lives

BassMug
Jul 19, 2022
Man, that boss wasn’t loving around. Yikes! I guess 3-range bows are a pretty good key to that lock, though, which I like.

It’d suck to meet him without good archers, though. At that point is it just Lillina and pray?

BassMug
Jul 19, 2022

Tism the Dragon Tickler posted:

The strategy for any boss like that when you don't have 3 range attacks is to get it to equip its 1 range weapon and then attack at 2 range and rescue the attacker so the boss can't attack on EP, then repeat.

Cattail Prophet posted:

You've got a couple options:

1. Even if your other archers are poo poo/not deployed, Sin can eventually get the job done on his own as long as you're willing to burn through half of his killer bow to do it.

2. If you want to play the wirld's most dangerous game, Chad or Ogier can get his crit down to the low teens with the short axe, lower if you toss supports into the mix, and rely on dodges for extra insurance.

3. A particularly blessed Bors (so not ours) or promoted Barthe with a sword can conceivably just tank the damage.

Thanks! I forgot about weapon heckling bosses, Three Houses has ruined me >_>

BassMug
Jul 19, 2022
Elen, Gwen, Wolt, Chad, 6x LPer’s Choice

BassMug
Jul 19, 2022
Gonzales, Thea, Lillina, Elen, Fir, 5x LPer’s Choice

BassMug
Jul 19, 2022
10x LPer’s choice so we can get PRRROMOTIONS!

EDIT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZH3SpBujwk

BassMug fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Mar 15, 2023

BassMug
Jul 19, 2022

Cattail Prophet posted:

LPer's choice: 85

hell yeah.

And this lineup looks fun!

BassMug
Jul 19, 2022

SweaterGear posted:

It's probably a reference to the 1989 movie "The Wizard"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SW8DgKm-7vs

Edit: Oops, update on the bottom of the previous page

It’s definitely this. “I love the Power Glove. It’s so bad.” And it is dusty, it’s from the 80’s!

BassMug
Jul 19, 2022
Man, I love bow armors :allears:

Also, holy crap, promoted Lillina is stylin.

BassMug
Jul 19, 2022
Lilina, Elen, 6x LPer’s choice

It would be pretty funny if they fluffed you finding hidden items as your dudes getting whacked by a flying stat booster :P

BassMug
Jul 19, 2022
Every time I see Elffin’s name I keep thinking of Elfilin from Kirby instead.

BassMug
Jul 19, 2022
you ossa know

BassMug
Jul 19, 2022
11x lper’s choice, because this map looks like it’d be a right pain without just the right units.

BassMug
Jul 19, 2022

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Just remember that anyone you leave behind on this map when Leaf arrives is gone for good. :suicide:

Anyone you leaf behind :P

Anyway, Gonzales, 10x LPer’s choice.

BassMug
Jul 19, 2022
I’ve always wondered if it’s pronounced Ha-murne, Hammer-nay, Hammer-nuh, or Ha-mare-nay. Or some other pronunciation, even! I think in JP it’s just the Hammer Staff, if I’m reading the wiki’s katakana right, so that’s no help.

That chinstrap is pretty bad, though, I agree. It’d probably look less bad if he had a more natural hair color, but thin beards in anime hair colors are rough.

BassMug
Jul 19, 2022
Lillina, Elen, Gonzales, All else INCLUDING ROUTE LPer’s choice

I don’t really have a preference on route, I’m just happily along for the ride (presumably on Merlinus’s wagon somewhere.)

BassMug
Jul 19, 2022
He’s so proud of himself :3:

BassMug
Jul 19, 2022
All this Manaketing about is reminding me of when they were localized as Mamkutes :P

BassMug
Jul 19, 2022

Shei-kun posted:

Shanna you had six stats that could have gone up, what the heck.

I wanted to take you to endgame but not even feeding you all the stat boosters would help at this point. Give your pegasus to Lilina.

Imagine Dark Flier Lilina :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BassMug
Jul 19, 2022
All LPer’s choice