Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I can't seem to get to sleep and i only have 3 and a half hours till then. Should i stay up? I feel like sometimes I'm more tired if i sleep for only a short time, than if i stay up all night. I have a 5 hour flight but i can never get to sleep on airplanes. What do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Three hour sleep is a trap OP, don't do it. Better off slamming some coffee or energy drinks or doing a bump or something. Three hours of sleep is either a lovely nap that makes you feel worse, or it's way more than three hours.

Mellow_
Sep 13, 2010

:frog:
just tell the pilot you cant sleep im sure he wont mind taking off a few hours earlty

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5MvrVQgN2Q

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

Take unisom on the plane

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

sleep as much as you can, idiot.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

bossy lady posted:

Take unisom on the plane

Half an hour before you get on the plane, so while you're waiting to board.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Tempted to just take my vyvanse early but I'm going from pacific time to eastern time so it might make the jet lag worse. Although actually if i take it later it will just keep me up later so hmmm maybe it's not a bad idea. It would wear off around 6pm eastern time i guess.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Seems pretty easy to me. I go to bed at like 4:30.

Fat Dan
Jul 10, 2022

HELLO
What is at the end of the 5hr flight?

Just go to sleep then.

b mad at me
Jan 25, 2017

Dixville posted:

I can't seem to get to sleep and i only have 3 and a half hours till then. Should i stay up? I feel like sometimes I'm more tired if i sleep for only a short time, than if i stay up all night. I have a 5 hour flight but i can never get to sleep on airplanes. What do?

If you can't sleep, don't sleep. Crash when it's natural.

Granted this may not work all the time, but it's what will happen, lol

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

Poohs Packin posted:

sleep as much as you can, idiot.

A.lways
B.e
C.leeping

Fat Dan
Jul 10, 2022

HELLO
I mean, if you're getting off the plane and can just crash... do whatever you want.

If you need to pilot a Gundam or something you should be sleeping now and on the 5hr plane trip.

b mad at me
Jan 25, 2017
Do we have a time zone in which the OP has to get up?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Drink some whiskey to help you go to sleep OP.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Drink some whiskey to help you go to sleep OP.

I have rumchata is that close enough

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Dixville posted:

I have rumchata is that close enough

Well it'll help you get up when you have to puke up the bottle at 3AM.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

How long is the flight?

Take a half a xan, 13 hours till you land, have you out like a light like a light slept through the flight

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Just stay up.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
Eat a bunch of turkey

Or a bunch of meth

Or maybe both?

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
Wake up at 3AM in a different timezone after you've had 8 hours of sleep!

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Well? What did you do?

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I stayed up shitposting and catching up on some threads. Of course NOW i feel tired but i will just take a caffeine pill, it's fine. Overall, i think it was worth it, i think i would have had trouble getting up after only sleeping 3 hours. Now I’m already up! Maybe i will finally fall asleep on a plane. Usually i just end up nodding off over and over.

Fat Dan
Jul 10, 2022

HELLO

Dixville posted:

I stayed up shitposting and catching up on some threads. Of course NOW i feel tired but i will just take a caffeine pill, it's fine. Overall, i think it was worth it, i think i would have had trouble getting up after only sleeping 3 hours. Now I’m already up! Maybe i will finally fall asleep on a plane. Usually i just end up nodding off over and over.

You'll wake up startled groggy and confused just as the roof of the plane directly above you peels away.

Hope you kept your belt on.

Fat Dan fucked around with this message at 11:24 on Sep 2, 2022

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Get wasted :yotj:

mudskipp
Jan 1, 2018

stop making sense
You're dream posting OP, wake up and catch that flight!

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Fat Dan posted:

You'll wake up startled groggy and confused just as the roof of the plane directly above you peels away.

Hope you kept your belt on.

Between the caffeine and the vyvanse this is a pretty unlikely scenario but I won't say I've never missed a flight before. Slept in the Dallas Airport once for that blunder.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I love sleeping on planes.

Just switch off and let someone wake you up to buckle your seatbelt for landing.

Fat Dan
Jul 10, 2022

HELLO

Dixville posted:

Between the caffeine and the vyvanse this is a pretty unlikely scenario but I won't say I've never missed a flight before. Slept in the Dallas Airport once for that blunder.

Just dont take a door seat for the leg room because you may not be responsible enough if SHTF.

I always pick a door seat. You get a little more leg room and you get to open the door and escape first. At least here if you have the door seat they give you a run down of what to do in an emergency.

Sure, the door might be the fail point, but its not that common.

Fat Dan fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Sep 2, 2022

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Eh, I'm pretty short so I don't worry about leg room. I'm hopped up on caffeine pills so I have an even faster reaction time than normal I think

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

bossy lady posted:

Take unisom on the plane

actually the thing to do is eat your edibles right before you go through security, and set an alarm so you don't miss your flight. Then it's smooth sailing

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Dixville posted:

Eh, I'm pretty short so I don't worry about leg room. I'm hopped up on caffeine pills so I have an even faster reaction time than normal I think

We are all proud of you captain.

Fat Dan
Jul 10, 2022

HELLO
haha no thats too lovely, sorry.

You'll be fine.

The caffeine, and other drugs you're mixing is the real worry.

Fat Dan fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Sep 2, 2022

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Caffeine pills are a bad idea lol

Fat Dan
Jul 10, 2022

HELLO

Colonel Cancer posted:

Caffeine pills are a bad idea lol

Caffeine, vyvanse and rumchata

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Pretty poo poo version of Fear and loathing.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Just order 4 double whiskey waters at the airport bar before you board and then another 2 of the in flight bottles, you'll sleep on that airplane just fine OP

Fat Dan
Jul 10, 2022

HELLO
We were somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert when the Lamotil began to take hold.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Wifi Toilet posted:

A.lways
B.e
C.leeping

dam thought i was the only one cleeping

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Nooner posted:

Just order 4 double whiskey waters at the airport bar before you board and then another 2 of the in flight bottles, you'll sleep on that airplane just fine OP

Done and done :tinsley:

Jk i didn't actually have any rumchata and i never drink while i travel. I actually don't drink much at all anymore, hangovers suck when you get older