Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

the sex ghost posted:

Would be nice for bielsa to get a payoff for a months work before the players demand he be replaced because he made them read a PowerPoint

e: wait no it's going to be Frank again isn't it. lmao

please please please please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Waking up to this lol. That’s crazy.

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008

This has the air of inevitability about it.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
This forum is the only place I’ve seen Rodgers mentioned.

E: It’s all about Big Sam.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

loving hell.

The bit where they'd apparently decided to sack him before the striker they specifically bought to work WITH him made his debut is peak Chelsea.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Dudley posted:

loving hell.

The bit where they'd apparently decided to sack him before the striker they specifically bought to work WITH him made his debut is peak Chelsea.

Yup.

Wonder what we will win next.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

lol

Here's a brand new back line for over 160m and 90m of other signings. 1-0 loss in CL? OUT

Apparently some of the signings were moneyball ones the owners made against the wishes of tuchel and they've fallen out.

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
Potter been given permission to speak with Chelsea.

Argh :(

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

potter also spoke with United and Spurs, but he has clear demands for leaving. Maybe Chelsea will promise him everything, who knows

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Apparently some of the signings were moneyball ones the owners made against the wishes of tuchel and they've fallen out.

Well that's called being a Chelsea manager.

Backdoor Delivery
Nov 15, 2004

one cool dude

2 Time TRP Sack Race Champion
Sean Dyche is available

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Brenda is going to take a big poo poo in the chairman's office in an attempt to get sacked in time.

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

okay new reports talk about potter + staff already being in for the fulham game, maybe they were more prepared than I thought lol

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Tough to predict what Chelsea's new owners will do since they'll be basing their decisions on which managers did well with Chelsea in their Football Manager save

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Unless Tuchel didn't want Sterling, Koulibaly, Fofana, Cucurella, or Auba for some reason, I don't see how that's possible. The rest of the signings were youth or Zakaria who is 5th choice CM

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Booger eating Joachim Löw to Chels

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

The return of Andre Villas Boas

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
hope Potter doesn't take the job but I think he will

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Unless Tuchel didn't want Sterling, Koulibaly, Fofana, Cucurella, or Auba for some reason, I don't see how that's possible. The rest of the signings were youth or Zakaria who is 5th choice CM

reading in one article that the pursuit of Gordon was a moneyball thing that Tuchel thought was stupid

also that if they can't get Potter they want Poch or Zidane

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

vyelkin posted:

reading in one article that the pursuit of Gordon was a moneyball thing that Tuchel thought was stupid

also that if they can't get Potter they want Poch or Zidane

Same with Todd wanting Ronaldo and being mad that Tuchel didn't

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
The impression I get is that Chelsea will talk the talk to Potter, sell it to him as a project, and he will go there, whether he gets the same time and patience he got at Brighton when it comes down to it, is another matter.

No idea who Brighton would go for, imagine that Cooper would be on our list - not sure how realistic that is. Kjetil Knutsen from FK Bodo/Glimt as well.

L.H.O.O.Q.
Jan 3, 2013

:coal:

vyelkin posted:

hope Potter doesn't take the job but I think he will

Yeah this

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Graham Potter and the Chamberpot of Football

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

vyelkin posted:

When did moneyball turn into using data to find massively overpriced targets

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
3rd time lucky for jose.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

TheRat posted:

When did moneyball turn into using data to find massively overpriced targets

when "moneyball" became synonymous with "stupid fail rear end yank owners"

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

when "moneyball" became synonymous with "stupid fail rear end yank owners"

Yeah but you can’t call Man U a moneyball team so there’s not a 1:1 correlation

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
Leicester and Villa probably feel like they are getting screwed with all these teams jumping the gun and firing their managers. All the good targets are going to be gone, and they will be stuck fighting over Sean Dyche.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

quote:

They want a coach who they feel comfortable bouncing ideas off and peppering with questions, even some that may seem tiresome to those with more football experience.

Kafka-esque. I suspect these people have no idea what a football manager is or does.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Graham Potter and the Chamberpot of Football

Graham Potter and the Goblet of Firing

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

TyrantWD posted:

Leicester and Villa probably feel like they are getting screwed with all these teams jumping the gun and firing their managers. All the good targets are going to be gone, and they will be stuck fighting over Sean Dyche.

lol

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

TyrantWD posted:

This is appalling Mark Hughes erasure and I won’t stand for it.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

TheRat posted:

Kafka-esque. I suspect these people have no idea what a football manager is or does.

lmao they don't want a manager they want someone to explain the offside rule to them

Todd if you're listening I will explain football to you for a bargain price of $1m a year, give me a call

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

It's when it goes off at the side

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

You're on loving fire today.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

It's when it goes off at the side

Again but slower and without the accent. Also, not “sides”?

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

TheRat posted:

Lmao this is perfect. Chelsea are now run by the "hey scoozers" character come to life. A manager is going to absolutely get fired and replaced by one of the owners nephews who does alright at fantasy premier League one year.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

vyelkin posted:

lmao they don't want a manager they want someone to explain the offside rule to them

why does lukaku, the largest of the players, not simply eat the other ten

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Shouldn't Tuchel have been given at least one more league game before they did this? Hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

T Bowl posted:

Shouldn't Tuchel have been given at least one more league game before they did this? Hilarious.

If he wanted to keep his job he should have simply agreed with his owners about what a great idea tactical time-outs in football would be.