Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

Having watched Villa's defending against Arsenal Stevie G's time at Villa Park could be coming to an abrupt end before they slip too far down the table.

this is a funny framing imo because they're 19th

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
now that's a proper coda to silly season

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

sebzilla posted:

CLUB PHOTOGRAPHER - "Alright Andy, just hold the shirt up and smile."
CONCEPTUALIZATION (Medium: Success) - This shirt is the colour of a skyline illuminated with distant fire. Something deep within your very soul calls out.
ELECTROCHEMISTRY (Hard: Success) - You really need to get some tequila, buddy. Like, now.
SAVOIR FAIRE (Easy: Failure) - As you raise the shirt aloft, you inexplicably slip and fall, twisting your ankle.
PAIN THRESHOLD (Medium: Failure) - You feel the ligaments twist and crack, popping like caps from a child's toy gun. You won't be playing football this season.

lol nice

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
hope Potter doesn't take the job but I think he will

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Unless Tuchel didn't want Sterling, Koulibaly, Fofana, Cucurella, or Auba for some reason, I don't see how that's possible. The rest of the signings were youth or Zakaria who is 5th choice CM

reading in one article that the pursuit of Gordon was a moneyball thing that Tuchel thought was stupid

also that if they can't get Potter they want Poch or Zidane

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

TheRat posted:

Kafka-esque. I suspect these people have no idea what a football manager is or does.

lmao they don't want a manager they want someone to explain the offside rule to them

Todd if you're listening I will explain football to you for a bargain price of $1m a year, give me a call

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

mila kunis posted:

Thiago is just going to get injured again lol. Midfield definitely needs work for sure, keita and thiago are just not reliable. Missing out on Tchouameni sucked, I hope it was because he genuinely preferred RM to liverpool and not because the owners cheaped out on wages.

But the main problem is they look tired all across the pitch, can't blame them after going all the way in every competition last year. They need a break tbh.

yeah it's brutal. Longest season possible last year, short summer break, etc., means a bunch of injury-prone players pushing their bodies to the limit

theyve stopped responding to the caffeine pills

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I mean he's a good coach and he'll probably do well if they give him enough time, the question is whether his good coaching translates from a smaller club where he's the boss to a bigger club where he has to manage superstar egos and demanding owners

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
the Queen was so shocked that Graham Potter was appointed Chelsea boss that she died

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Woodenlung posted:

Now it must be done. Get that World Cup trophy home

How am I doing Mum?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

T Bowl posted:

They're going to cancel them, don't tease.

as if we needed another reason to abolish the monarchy

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

ffs

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

McFlurry Fan #1 posted:

Absolute wank, what's wrong with a minutes silence

minute of applause in the 96th minute, if games end before then oh well

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
lol

https://twitter.com/sportbible/status/1568522902080741377

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
oh nooooo what if someone were to globally embarrass the UK, nobody has ever done that before

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

FullLeatherJacket posted:

translation: it is the fault of the scoozers

my translation is that they cancel everything and do official periods of mourning because they're worried about how many people would shrug their shoulders and move on if not forced to participate

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

fitting that he turned out to be a left winger

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

the sex ghost posted:

Good thing he didn't sign for Brentford

lol

TheRat posted:

I'd put him more in the Andy Robertson/Bruno/Kane bracket. Rudiger and Mane (And Diego Costa) were absolutely incredible at getting away with poo poo.

I remember Mane seeming legitimately surprised when he got sent off for knocking Ederson unconscious by kicking him in the head

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

What we really need are more meaningless friendly games to put money in billionaire’s pockets when players are already stretched thin

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

We used to be a forum. A real forum. And now look where we are! We used to make fun of xG and now people are unironically posting xPL/90 and it's A loving DISGRACE!!!!

The bald one would weep if he could see how far we've fallen.

xG is too mainstream now, to be a true football hipster you need to be making fun of DZSiBoT

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

don't wanna know the average absolute width of this forum

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
gonna boost our team's average absolute width by signing this guy

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

sticksy posted:

How soon everyone forgets the Pep of the Ukrainian Premier League, Waxtap Legend Roberto De Zerbi

my favourite bit is that it's all in English except for Juego de Posición

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Seems young to retire but hell, whom amongst us would not like to retire at 32 with millions and millions of pounds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

sebzilla posted:

Whoever does their transfers is a genius, selling Kuol to Newcastle

lol