Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I was also really wondering what was up with you walking away from a reread and deciding the vote should split more. I can't tell if you're playing bad or scum and went with BD when the writing was on the wall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think my rationale of "skimming and seeing GK didn't post nearly as much as everyone else in that period as well as in the rest of the thread" makes sense.

As for the BlueDeanie vote, I went that direction because without it there wouldn't have been a successful town vote for a 3rd day in a row which is just bad as we're losing town members rapidly and quickly.

The only people who didn't vote BD was ilmucche, commonshore and you Gumball Gumption.

What was with not voting?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Because it jumped 2 votes before I saw the thread and considered if BD felt scummy enough to be the right target.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Hmm, I did not have BD on my radar at all

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

CommonShore posted:

what does "mason" mean. Alternatively you can just tell me if the definition of any given role is in the OP.

There will be at least 2 masons. An unconfirmed masonry is 2 players being allowed to communicate outside of the thread, generally through discord. The unconfirmed part is that neither knows the other player's alignment or role

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Mekchu posted:

I think my rationale of "skimming and seeing GK didn't post nearly as much as everyone else in that period as well as in the rest of the thread" makes sense.

As for the BlueDeanie vote, I went that direction because without it there wouldn't have been a successful town vote for a 3rd day in a row which is just bad as we're losing town members rapidly and quickly.

The only people who didn't vote BD was ilmucche, commonshore and you Gumball Gumption.

What was with not voting?

Making sure the vote got through is good, but I was hoping to do some more reading and posting Thursday afternoon so thanks for that :v:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ilmucche posted:

There will be at least 2 masons. An unconfirmed masonry is 2 players being allowed to communicate outside of the thread, generally through discord. The unconfirmed part is that neither knows the other player's alignment or role

So a member of the scum can also be a mason? Meaning a town-aligned mason could be talking to a scum at night and being misled by them etc.?

The Science of Suck
Mar 17, 2009

Mekchu posted:

Science of Suck, what is your take on the remaining people's vibes? You've tried to vote for a few of them on previous days.

Mekchu posted:

As in, do you still stand by your original top 3 scum list?

Mekchu posted:

Mostly because you went from Commonshore being scum to "i can't see him being scum" in a relatively short period.

quoting all in one post so i can answer in one post. well i definitely stand by my bluedeanie read now. i think you’re mistaken on my commonshore read, i went from suspicious to benefit of the doubt fairly quickly on d1, then i abandoned the benefit of the doubt sometime during the exchanges with ilmucche but couldn’t really put my finger on why until it came together for me when i reread the op.

my third suspect is in flux because i think gumball has been posting better so my attention is mostly on you tbh

The Science of Suck
Mar 17, 2009

CommonShore posted:

what does "mason" mean. Alternatively you can just tell me if the definition of any given role is in the OP.

this is what i mean by overdoing it. this post reads like doubling down on the confused act when you could have just googled it if the question was genuine

The Science of Suck
Mar 17, 2009

merk posted:

If there's a veteran scum here, it's George Kansas.

this post has stuck with me since i read it so who wants to talk about george? i’m not seeing scummy stuff in their posts for my part but when i think about the nightkills i feel like there’s a veteran scum there. imo merk was chosen n1 because they’re a veteran player and good at the game but then n2 & n3 seem to be chosen on different criteria. guess i’m wondering why good, veteran players like george are still around. thoughts?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

The Science of Suck posted:

this is what i mean by overdoing it. this post reads like doubling down on the confused act when you could have just googled it if the question was genuine

Because this is explicitly a newbie/learning game with a minimum posts per day count?

The Science of Suck
Mar 17, 2009

CommonShore posted:

Because this is explicitly a newbie/learning game with a minimum posts per day count?

so u think the learning part is asking about basic knowledge in the op or wiki and not what u learn thru playing and contributing to the game? you’re also saying that you’re posting just to post to avoid coming in under the minimum

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Science of Suck posted:

this post has stuck with me since i read it so who wants to talk about george? i’m not seeing scummy stuff in their posts for my part but when i think about the nightkills i feel like there’s a veteran scum there. imo merk was chosen n1 because they’re a veteran player and good at the game but then n2 & n3 seem to be chosen on different criteria. guess i’m wondering why good, veteran players like george are still around. thoughts?

I completely missed this post by Merk.

I've stated I am suspicious of GK a few times now myself and the assumption that he's around because he's scum could hold some merit.

They aren't as active (as I've said a few times) as others too so that could be a veteran play or just my bias in how I'm seeing the posts etc.

The Science of Suck
Mar 17, 2009
imo inactivity on its own doesn’t say anything about alignment, just in this game the lowest activity posters have all flipped town for example

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
While true, I also did say I was basing some of my assumptions on who was aligned voting wise with Bluedeanie as that can, sometimes, be a sign of scum trying to manipulate the votes etc.

I'm not super sure how I feel about GK being scum because there's so little for me to really base that off of so I'm just spitballing that maybe he could be scum because right now there doesn't seem to be a strong consensus for anyone.

If we want to review the final day votes (though i think maybe reviewing the other posts by Votefinder before the final day voting is done) then here's the posts.

votefinder posted:

Votecount for Day 1

Gumball Gumption (6): Mekchu, Mekchu, Dirt Road Junglist, The Science of Suck, George Kansas, ilmucche, Bluedeanie, CommonShore
CommonShore (2): Bluedeanie, Mekchu, The Science of Suck, The Science of Suck, Bluedeanie, Gumball Gumption
merk (1): ilmucche, ilmucche, ilmucche, CarlCX, CommonShore, CommonShore, ilmucche
Dirt Road Junglist (1): Gumball Gumption, merk, Gumball Gumption
LobsterMobster (0): ilmucche, ilmucche, The Science of Suck, The Science of Suck
Bluedeanie (0): CommonShore, CommonShore
ilmucche (0): ilmucche, ilmucche, George Kansas, George Kansas
CarlCX (0): ilmucche, ilmucche
Mekchu (0): Gumball Gumption, Gumball Gumption
The Science of Suck (0): George Kansas, George Kansas
George Kansas (0): ilmucche, ilmucche

Not Voting (3): LobsterMobster, Nep-Nep, TheTofuShop

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is September 15th, 2022 at 9:30 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 0 minutes.

votefinder posted:

Votecount for Day 2

The Science of Suck (5): LobsterMobster, Mekchu, Mekchu, TheTofuShop, ilmucche, Bluedeanie, Nep-Nep
ilmucche (3): George Kansas, CarlCX, CommonShore, CommonShore, CommonShore
LobsterMobster (2): Mekchu, Gumball Gumption
Gumball Gumption (1): The Science of Suck, Nep-Nep, Nep-Nep

Not Voting (1): Dirt Road Junglist

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is September 18th, 2022 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 0 minutes.

Grandicap posted:

Votecount for Day 3

Bluedeanie (5): George Kansas, The Science of Suck, Nep-Nep, LobsterMobster, Mekchu
ilmucche (1): CommonShore, Gumball Gumption, George Kansas, George Kansas, Gumball Gumption
CommonShore (1): ilmucche, LobsterMobster, LobsterMobster
The Science of Suck (1): Bluedeanie, Mekchu, Mekchu
George Kansas (0): Mekchu, Mekchu

Not Voting (1): Gumball Gumption

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is September 22nd, 2022 at 10:30 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 9 hours, 8 minutes.

Going off the idea that "scum worked together and tried to use numbers to force town votes for people they wanted to kill" (which is a thing I've seen done in Mafia games before because it allows scum to get 2 kills in a day) of those left alive, it seems that using my idea the voting breaks down like this:

SOS - Voted with BD on Day 1
GK - Voted with BD on Day 1
ilmucche - Voted with BD on Day 1 & 2
Commonshore - Voted with BD on Day 1
Nep-Nep - Voted with BD on Day 2
Gumball - Never voted with BD
Myself - Voted with BD on Day 1

Also notice that CS, ilmucche, & BD all decided to vote away from the group's vote towards BD on Day 3. Obviously BD doesn't want to vote for themselves and it makes little sense scum would vote for their own (unless absolutely cornered into it which it didn't seem was the case this time). Gumball also didn't vote that day. To me if the scum saw one of their own getting voted for, and they have ability to talk outside of the thread (I assume at any time), then there's a possibility they could have decided to try and draw people away to cause another day of no successful town vote.

However, I have a strong sense that ilmucche is scum given the voting history (most notably Day 3) and the general sense I get from them. I'm also suspicious of CS for the voting history (specifically Day 3) and vibe he is putting off.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Sep 24, 2022

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Mekchu posted:

While true, I also did say I was basing some of my assumptions on who was aligned voting wise with Bluedeanie as that can, sometimes, be a sign of scum trying to manipulate the votes etc.

I'm not super sure how I feel about GK being scum because there's so little for me to really base that off of so I'm just spitballing that maybe he could be scum because right now there doesn't seem to be a strong consensus for anyone.

If we want to review the final day votes (though i think maybe reviewing the other posts by Votefinder before the final day voting is done) then here's the posts.

Going off the idea that "scum worked together and tried to use numbers to force town votes for people they wanted to kill" (which is a thing I've seen done in Mafia games before because it allows scum to get 2 kills in a day) of those left alive, it seems that using my idea the voting breaks down like this:

SOS - Voted with BD on Day 1
GK - Voted with BD on Day 1
Commonshore - Voted with BD on Day 1
Nep-Nep - Voted with BD on Day 2
Gumball - Never voted with BD
Myself - Voted with BD on Day 1

Also notice that CS, ilmucche, & BD all decided to vote away from the group's vote towards BD on Day 3. Obviously BD doesn't want to vote for themselves and it makes little sense scum would vote for their own (unless absolutely cornered into it which it didn't seem was the case this time). Gumball also didn't vote that day. To me if the scum saw one of their own getting voted for, and they have ability to talk outside of the thread (I assume at any time), then there's a possibility they could have decided to try and draw people away to cause another day of no successful town vote.

However, I have a strong sense that ilmucche is scum given the voting history (most notably Day 3) and the general sense I get from them. I'm also suspicious of CS for the voting history (specifically Day 3) and vibe he is putting off.

I will say for day 3 I checked the thread early Thursday, assuming that hammer wouldn't happen 9 hours before deadline. Also on that, someone has to be not voting for the eventual lunch. Hammer means no more posting, so votes are locked in.

quote:

Obviously BD doesn't want to vote for themselves and it makes little sense scum would vote for their own (unless absolutely cornered into it which it didn't seem was the case this time).

The two votes to hammer bd came in a short window. The three votes not on BD as you say are me, bd themself and commonshore.

Assuming 3 total scum and knowing my own townness at least 1 scum got caught bussing (scum making a soft argument against scum for town cred) if commonshore is scum, both the remaining scum if commonshore is town.

Lob flipped town, I don't think mekchu would hammer a scum teammate 9 hours from deadline. Will have to reread more later.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Just for my own reference

VT merk N1
Town watcher DRJ inactive day 2
VT tofushop inactive day 2
Town Backup CarlCX N2
Vanilla scum BD D3
mason lobmob N3

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

unless mekchu decided to hammer for cred, but 9 hours out is a pretty wild swing

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
When you say "hammer" do you mean cast a vote or the vote is locked in?

The Science of Suck
Mar 17, 2009
hammer is the final vote that locks in our pick and ends the day

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Quoting some posts for my own reference later

George Kansas posted:

fwiw I'm also not really against voting out gumball, a lot of players seem to have posted opinions on them, probably the player with the most content linked to them, and a close no-lunch is often a sign of scum because they're waffling on whether to vote to build cred or not.

But could just be inactive town. Honestly seems likely. But I'm not really against it. Ilmucche or gumball are probably the only two people I will vote for today unless i'm the difference between executing and not executing.

these two in a row

CommonShore posted:

I'm sticking with my reasoning

##vote ilmucche

Convince me otherwise.

CommonShore posted:

Also that the "Watcher" was voting that way too... yeah.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Mekchu posted:

When you say "hammer" do you mean cast a vote or the vote is locked in?

the vote locked in, as sos said. the vote that get 50% plus one is the hammer to finish the voting and no one is allowed to post afterward

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

still feeling commonshore quite a bit at this point tbh

The Science of Suck
Mar 17, 2009

Mekchu posted:

So a member of the scum can also be a mason? Meaning a town-aligned mason could be talking to a scum at night and being misled by them etc.?

i think the only thing you have wrong here is masons can communicate whenever not just at night. but anyway lobster mobster had the right vote on d3 so if the other mason is scum they didn’t seem to sway lobmob. also would scum pick lobmob as the nk if they had any sort of line like that to a town player? my thinking is the other mason is town too

maybe my last post for a bit, busy for the rest of the weekend

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Mekchu definitely feels like town now, that's town play. I'm willing to go with their reasoning based on that.

##Vote ilmucche

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gumball Gumption posted:

Mekchu definitely feels like town now, that's town play. I'm willing to go with their reasoning based on that.

##Vote ilmucche

I'm going to ##Unvote and go with CommonShore as I keep flip flopping between both ilmucche and Commonshore and am very much split on the two.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
##Vote CommonShore

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Gumball Gumption posted:

##Vote ilmucche

Have to bold the vote or it won't get caught by votefinder

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Mekchu posted:

##Vote CommonShore

Well wait then do you think ilmucche is distancing here or do you think only one is scum?

ilmucche posted:

still feeling commonshore quite a bit at this point tbh

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gumball Gumption posted:

Well wait then do you think ilmucche is distancing here or do you think only one is scum?

I think they're both scum, but I think my case against ilmucche is maybe not as strong as the suspicions against CS that others have expressed. So, to get a town vote, it's probably best to target CS now.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
hello all. i had a busy saturday but i am around now. i am glad bluedeanie was scum! i am still feeling ilmucche for scum. i suppose it's not a bad time to claim that i was lobstermobster's unconfirmed mason. we didn't talk very much because i hate unconfirmed masonries

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Mekchu posted:

Given LobsterMobster listed CS & Ilmuche on top of BlueDeanie as sus, and then very suddenly was taken out after BlueDeanie was TK'd and outted as scum, I'm very much leaning heavy on CS & Ilmuche being scum.

##Vote CommonShore

disagree with your reasoning, and i also lean town on CS. i also lean town on you and science of suck.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Mekchu posted:

cherrypicking this to say, wow! look at that

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Mekchu posted:

I completely missed this post by Merk.

I've stated I am suspicious of GK a few times now myself and the assumption that he's around because he's scum could hold some merit.

They aren't as active (as I've said a few times) as others too so that could be a veteran play or just my bias in how I'm seeing the posts etc.

don't really feel a ton of need to defend myself here but i will say that I did specifically address that post, because i thought it was going to be a lot more pertinent at the beginning of D2!

George Kansas posted:

My first thought when I came back to the thread was “I bet someone has posted about how merk said i was the most likely vet to be scum, and that person is most likely to be scum since it’s a good 1-2 play after killing merk. kind of surprised to see that nobody did so far!

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Mekchu posted:

I think they're both scum, but I think my case against ilmucche is maybe not as strong as the suspicions against CS that others have expressed. So, to get a town vote, it's probably best to target CS now.

Had to think about my heart and if you think they're both scum I think ##Vote ilmucche is still the right choice.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I want to start by going through bluedeanie’s posting. This is gonna be several posts because I’m on phone on bed and not up to trying to make a multi quote post happen.

Bluedeanie posted:

Unless some scummy player just really overplays their hand, Day 1 doesn't typically yield super helpful information without Night 1 to help contextualize it, imhmpe (in my honest mafia playing experience)

My vote is staying on CommonShore even though it started as a joke post, because so far I haven't seen a better case for anyone else. I will also move my vote if it looks like it'll make the difference between bringing down the guillotine or not, as I think a no-execution Day benefits scum more often than not. Just letting you all know in case I change my vote and someone tries to call that scummy. It's not!!! You gotta believe me!!!!!

Hedged here to justify staying on commonshore while leaving room to move to literally any vote lead

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Bluedeanie posted:

This is a fair assessment and also seems to be the way the wind is blowing

## unvote
##vote Gumball Gumption

Jumped on the gumball vote. Given the previous post I talked about, and bluedeanie’s knowledge expressed about the possibility of a no lunch it’s possible that gumball could be town in consideration of this. If bluedeanie was bussing this is a weak reason to move vote after that previous post that I wouldn’t have given much town cred

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Bluedeanie posted:

CommonShore, may not agree with your fight picks, but I am coming around on your mafia strategizing.

##vote Science of Suck

I talked about this before but bluedeanie went after sos but didn’t put down the actual vote until +1ing commonshore. I’m inclined to think that sos is town given how much of bluedeanie’s posting volume is anti-sos, unless it was really hard distancing.

Commonshore is a tossup for me with stuff like this. If sos is town then this could have been a planned deflection of blame.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Bluedeanie posted:

What I said late D2 when we desperately needed flips was

What I have since said at the beginning of this day is

I am not pushing a vote because I am not convinced he is scum!

This is exactly why I have done little "scum hunting," because the only flips have been modkilled lurkers or night kills.

So should people be voting to prove they are not scum or should they not be voting so we can come to consensus with 48 hours left in the day??? I am not liking this post, it sounds like helpful strategy but doesn't actually accomplish anything.

I would think this was mega distancing except it seemed like bluedeanie wasn’t yet sunk at this point and it seemed like bluedeanie really wanted SoS to go d2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Bluedeanie posted:

When will the lies and inconsistencies stop????????

Stops posting here. If I had to guess bluedeanie was hoping we’d give up and lunch a different candidate. Decent chance at least one other scum already had a vote down before bluedeanie noped out