Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

neato burrito posted:

I like refried beans. That's why I wanna try fried beans, because maybe they're just as good and we're just wasting time.

Nah, they aren't quite as good. Each frying increases the flavor. Which is why I'm a fan of thricefried beans.

Edit: trash snipe for idiots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Threefried beans was right there

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Artificially sweetened chocolate/vanilla protein powder with browned butter on popcorn ain't bad, to be honest.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Mister Facetious posted:

Artificially sweetened chocolate/vanilla protein powder with browned butter on popcorn ain't bad, to be honest.

How'd you come up with this idea anyway? that's the last thing I'd have thought to use on popcorn.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

zone posted:

How'd you come up with this idea anyway? that's the last thing I'd have thought to use on popcorn.

I ended up with a big container of the stuff after my mother died. I didn't have the ingredients to make a frozen strawberry shake, so i said gently caress it and gave ita shot.

I was pretty confident it'd work since I've used nutritional yeast and spices in the past

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Mar 17, 2023

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
I'm really craving a McRib right now, last season was the best I've had in a decade and it's all but erased my shame in eating them

mostly the McRib isn't good but the rare times when it's good I want to eat them nonstop

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

empty sea posted:

I'm really craving a McRib right now, last season was the best I've had in a decade and it's all but erased my shame in eating them

mostly the McRib isn't good but the rare times when it's good I want to eat them nonstop

Serious Eats has a recipe to make them.

But if it's just convenience/nostalgia factor of getting it from McD's, it probably won't be the same.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Shooting Blanks posted:

Serious Eats has a recipe to make them.

But if it's just convenience/nostalgia factor of getting it from McD's, it probably won't be the same.

That looked way more appetizing before the shredding step

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

meat is incredibly overrated, except when it’s in the form of some type of sausage

Cheddar Goldfish
Jun 27, 2005
are damn delicious
Fake pancake syrup is better on pancakes and waffles than real maple syrup. It just tastes right.

Radio Nowhere
Jan 8, 2010
It's either a Baltimore or mid-Atlantic thing, but King syrup tastes like corn syrupy childhood.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Learn to love the scum cus I'm not sitting here spooning this poo poo off.

Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

Emitting dimensions are swallowing you

Cheddar Goldfish posted:

Fake pancake syrup is better on pancakes and waffles than real maple syrup. It just tastes right.

Yeah maybe it's childhood poverty talking but the taste of real maple syrup is nice but it makes me feel money panic.

French's yellow mustard is really very good for lots of uses, yes I keep other kinds too but don't be a snob about mustard.

Same for Hershey chocolate and American cheese, they rule except for Kisses and individually wrapped singles, which are garbage.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Mayonnaise exists to make lovely commercial tomatoes that were picked unripe, then gassed with ethylene to look red, edible.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.

Mister Facetious posted:

Mayonnaise exists to make lovely commercial tomatoes that were picked unripe, then gassed with ethylene to look red, edible.

Mayonnaise should question its existence then.

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42

Cheddar Goldfish posted:

Growing up in Vermont this makes my heart hurt.

I know it makes me a snob but I won’t order pancakes/waffles without real maple syrup on the menu. And I don’t even order them anymore because I’ve been duped one too many times by servers who didn’t get what I was trying to come across with.

Quite A Tool fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Apr 6, 2023

fr0id
Jul 27, 2016

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
You don’t need a layer of protection for cutting up hot peppers. Just wash your hands afterward the same way you would with raw meat. Unless you happen to have a sensitivity or allergy, the worst you’ll get is burning hands under hot water for the next day. Toughen up.

fr0id
Jul 27, 2016

Mister Facetious posted:

This is a bland (you might say “mayo” take). Mayo is a perfectly fine condiment in moderation and is the base for several incredible sauces. It’s not a French “mother sauce” but it might as well be in the western (and eastern) canon at this point. Stop substituting hating on Mayo for a personality.

Edit: aioli, remoulade, tartar sauce, fry sauce, ranch, kewpie Mayo, onion dip and others, and the dozens of -naise variants.

fr0id fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Apr 7, 2023

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

No thanks to all of those. Remoulade is ok with Cajun stuff I guess.

fr0id
Jul 27, 2016

Mu Zeta posted:

No thanks to all of those. Remoulade is ok with Cajun stuff I guess.

It’s like hating gravy

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

fr0id posted:

You don’t need a layer of protection for cutting up hot peppers. Just wash your hands afterward the same way you would with raw meat. Unless you happen to have a sensitivity or allergy, the worst you’ll get is burning hands under hot water for the next day. Toughen up.

It’s not my hands I’m worried about, and there seems to be a threshold of pepper volume where hand washing loses effectiveness.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

fr0id posted:

This is a bland (you might say “mayo” take). Mayo is a perfectly fine condiment in moderation and is the base for several incredible sauces. It’s not a French “mother sauce” but it might as well be in the western (and eastern) canon at this point. Stop substituting hating on Mayo for a personality.

Edit: aioli, remoulade, tartar sauce, fry sauce, ranch, kewpie Mayo, onion dip and others, and the dozens of -naise variants.

I don't hate mayo so much as i hate commercial tomatoes

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Spuckuk posted:

Americans do this weird thing of holding onto odd stereotypes about the UK far longer than anyone else.

I live in the east end of London. Just about to go out in my horse and cart through this pea souper fog to pick up cheap veg for dinner at Covent Garden hope I don't get murdered by Jack the Ripper. Oh hey there's someone with a really weird accent doing chalk drawings on the pavement over there.

thetan_guy42
Oct 15, 2016

murdera

Lipstick Apathy
Tequilas fan base is quickly overtaking whiskey and vodka as most obnoxious. Even mezcal isn't safe. The only celebrity alcohol that's good is snoop dogs strawberry gin

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Pickled cabbage and onions is better on burgers than sauerkraut, relish, or pickles.

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Mister Facetious posted:

Pickled cabbage and onions is better on burgers than sauerkraut, relish, or pickles.

tf is the difference between pickled cabbage and sauerkraut?

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Mister Facetious posted:

pickles are too strong on most sandwiches and overpower everything. and on hot sandwiches they turn into a mess. give me a pickle spear on the side to eat at my own leisure, separate from the sandwich

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

pickled onions are a much better choice for that acidic note

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

you could also lightly dress a salad with oil and vinegar and throw that on the sandwich

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

killer crane posted:

Pickling is different from fermentation, I presume.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

killer crane posted:

It's not fermented, and vinegar (and maybe some sugar) is used in addition to salt.

Obviously both are technically "pickled"/preserved, but sauerkraut invokes a more specific version of it.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Apr 14, 2023

MarsPearl
Feb 19, 2021
Avocado in Europe is just middle class mayonnaise.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

The best baked potatoes are actually mashed potatoes with the baked potato toppings added in.

I've never had a baked potato that wouldn't have been better mashed.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
Pizza bianco is a war crime and anyone who claims to enjoy them is an alien being.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Mister Facetious posted:

The best baked potatoes are actually mashed potatoes with the baked potato toppings added in.

I've never had a baked potato that wouldn't have been better mashed.

Wrong.

Stab your potatoes all over, rub with a little oil and sprinkle with a little salt, bake at 180C for 1h30m, cut open, slash the insides up and liberally butter them. Fill with whatever toppings you like…

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.

PurpleXVI posted:

Pizza bianco is a war crime and anyone who claims to enjoy them is an alien being.

This is a wrong opinion hth.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Bake your potatoes with sesame oil on them, you'll thank me later

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

That's intriguing. Might as well add furikake sprinkles and togorashi. Could be an umami bomb.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Hmm

I wonder if takoyaki/okonomiyaki toppings would work on potato

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zombie Dachshund
Feb 26, 2016

PurpleXVI posted:

Roman style pizza bianca is probably the greatest food in the world. It’s definitely the best snack food.