Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
This thread is for any particular hot takes you might have about food. Don't like a particularly popular food item? Post about it here. Do you think that certain recipes have too many steps and can be simplified? Post it here. Is something that is really popular overrated? Let us know!

Here's mine: lettuce in BLTs doesn't really matter. When it comes to a "BLT" the lettuce is typically there for texture more than anything because lettuce is a very mild flavor and as far as the texture goes, if you're making a good BLT and grill the bread then there's no real need for that crunchy texture anyway because the bread is toasted. But saying I like "BT's " sounds stupid I continue to call them "BLTs". The tomato is the Second most important component of a BLT anyway only coming after the bacon. Well I guess the bread's important too but my point is, who gives a gently caress about the lettuce. you may think it's important but try it without it. Your brain may even tell you afterwards that it's important but that's because you're wrong. Or at least that's my hot take.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Interesting, my hot take is that thick soups like stews or bisque and chowder and good but don't like thin soups. I don't want to drink my food typically.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Celery is pretty poo poo-tier veg