Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fat Dan
Jul 10, 2022

HELLO

olives black posted:

Raw Whois Data
% By submitting a query to TCI's Whois Service
% you agree to abide by the following terms of use:
% https://www.tcinet.ru/documents/whois.pdf (in Russian)

domain: KIWIFARMS.RU
nserver: ns1.ddos-guard.net.
nserver: ns2.ddos-guard.net.
nserver: ns3.ddos-guard.net.
state: REGISTERED, DELEGATED, UNVERIFIED
person: Private Person
registrar: RU-CENTER-RU
admin-contact: https://www.nic.ru/whois
created: 2021-07-12T20:37:06Z
paid-till: 2023-07-12T20:37:06Z
free-date: 2023-08-12
source: TCI

Last updated on 2022-09-04T04:41:31Z

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DDoS-Guard

Fat Dan fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Sep 4, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I wonder if its due to someone straight up saying "hey lets bomb all these restaurants in Belfast so we can kill this transwoman we've been harassing" that got cloudflare to finally act. Pretty sure threatening to bomb things in Belfast gets the Royal Ulster Constabulary on your case real fast.

And like all incidents where peoples lives are actually threatened due to online activity, I'm seeing a lot of "just log off" or "grow a thicker skin" from people who have no idea what was going on.

Horrorosaurus
Oct 22, 2010

Maybe it's a good time to get rid of part of the forums who currently cheer as ukrainians die and have some awesome takes on genocide etc

but nah lets not go there right

PITY BONER
Oct 18, 2021
Of course it's in Russia, and it will probably be supported and boosted by the Russian government because it helps ensure more instability in the West.

Horrorosaurus posted:

Maybe it's a good time to get rid of part of the forums who currently cheer as ukrainians die and have some awesome takes on genocide etc

"Hey guys, let's keep it friendly over here. No discussion about that. Let's stay on topic."

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Horrorosaurus posted:

Yes this is the thread to "call out"/"name and shame" your posting enemies. I say go there. "gently caress around" as they say.

Fat Dan
Jul 10, 2022

HELLO

Poohs Packin posted:

Yes this is the thread to "call out"/"name and shame" your posting enemies. I say go there. "gently caress around" as they say.

I failed my driving test because I couldn't plot on a map the current Ukraine front line with Russia in the Donbas.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Horrorosaurus posted:

Are you okay?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Which part of the forums cheers Ukrainian deaths and has bad genocide takes?

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Which part of the forums cheers Ukrainian deaths and has bad genocide takes?

phiz

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

:hmmyes:

Good, now do CSPAM next

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Something Awful permabans doxxers on sight. No if, and, or buts.

If you have proof that CSPAM, or someone in CSPAM, has doxxed anyone or led a targeted campaign of harassment against either another user or someone outside the site, contact an admin immediately. Otherwise, it's not germane to the discussion and do not bring it up.

And because I have to spell out why apparently, it's not germane to the discussion because Kiwifarms and CSPAM aren't remotely close in any respect, no matter what you may believe of their opinions on things.

Again, keep the conversation to Kiwifarms.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
I'm pleased that Cloudflare decided, albeit belatedly, to stop services to KiwiFarms

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Foo Diddley posted:

puttin the "dead" back in deadbeat

Oh dang

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

Dixville posted:

Wonder if the press will look into us too. Jeffrey may have some 'splainin to do

We are getting lumped in with them. It's just a french vice article but still, it bothered me to see us mentioned that way.

Rightly so, Jeffrey considers pro Russian tankies to be "good for engagement" and allows them to post freely in C-SPAM. There's just something about social sites that attracts garbage owners/leadership I guess.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Iambic Pentameter posted:

rofl imagine having sa outlive your forum when it's been in a state of rigor mortis for years

pablo gbscobar posted:

SA will outlive all sites on the Internet
You can't kill something that's already dead.

GRECOROMANGRABASS
May 14, 2020
The first time I heard of that site was when some dork accused me of being from there because I had the indecency to throw shade at lowtax back while he was still alive and abusing women serially.

If the site is as toxic as it sounds, I doubt some random RU CDN is going to keep them online as well as CF did; IIRC, people were still finding clever ways to expose the IP address of an origin server proxied behind Cloudflare not that long ago, and they are generally ahead of the curve in security practices.

GRECOROMANGRABASS fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Sep 4, 2022

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Where's the mention?

Here's a screenshot. Like I said it's just translated from French so the pronouns aren't right in case that bothers anyone

I mean they're not wrong, SA was definitely doing some messed up stuff at the time or at least people from here were. But I'm just saying since we actually are still around (somehow) and not like kf anymore maybe someone should clear that up?

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

twistedmentat posted:

I wonder if its due to someone straight up saying "hey lets bomb all these restaurants in Belfast so we can kill this transwoman we've been harassing" that got cloudflare to finally act. Pretty sure threatening to bomb things in Belfast gets the Royal Ulster Constabulary on your case real fast.

And like all incidents where peoples lives are actually threatened due to online activity, I'm seeing a lot of "just log off" or "grow a thicker skin" from people who have no idea what was going on.

I'm from N. Ireland and this is the first I have heard about this. Honestly, it doesn't surprise me. Loyalist paramilitaries have always aligned themselves with the far-right. They have been connected to groups like Combat 18. It only makes sense they would find friends on Kiwifarms. They are like those right-wing militias you get in the US, anyone darker than Nicole Kidman is a target and their political wings (DUP, TUV, etc) would have no problem making anyone from the LGBTQ+ community a capitol offense. They want to bring corporal punishment back into schools, FFS.

Oh, the RUC doesn't exist anymore. After the Good Friday Agreement they were reformed into the PSNI. Collusion between the RUC and loyalist paramilitaries has now been conclusively proved beyond doubt. Whose side are the PSNI on, you ask? Like all police - their own and their paymasters.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Is it bad that I still kinda laughed at the concept of sonichu? Like I feel super bad for Chrischan and everything she's been through but... sonichu... lol

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Dixville posted:

Is it bad that I still kinda laughed at the concept of sonichu? Like I feel super bad for Chrischan and everything she's been through but... sonichu... lol

No, there's nothing wrong with laughing at the stupid poo poo weirdos say and do

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Dixville posted:

chrichan and sonichu feel quaint at this point. like there's so many more weird and hosed up oc do not steals out there now

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Just know when to move on and not become obsessed with one particular weirdo

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

henkman posted:

No, there's nothing wrong with laughing at the stupid poo poo weirdos say and do

If your choice of entertainment is stalking autistic people on the internet to laugh at them, then yes, something is very wrong with you

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
I personally am capable of laughing at someone's bad fan art and original characters without needing to know everything else about their personal life or having to harass them.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
There's a difference between having a giggle at bad deviantart fanart and becoming a hosed up stalker shutin loser who spends all their time obsessing about others.

Horrorosaurus
Oct 22, 2010

Right, sorry for bringing up something off topic. I'm raising my children in one of the countries just west of Russia that cspam would love to see shelled so no sarcasm here, I sometimes forget I can just not read that area of the forums. Someone brought up scum we had just 10 years ago and, well, I didn' t consider it would get as much attention as it did to mention we could take a stance as a community seeing how there is a war in Europe. It does get on nerves sometimes but it was the wrong place and the wrong take.

I'd google it but i'm i currently cant risk going to bandwidth heavy sites so does anyone have an idea what prompted a name like kiwi farms? Is it some kind of a dog whistle thing or maybe just goofing around?

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Horrorosaurus posted:

Right, sorry for bringing up something off topic. I'm raising my children in one of the countries just west of Russia that cspam would love to see shelled so no sarcasm here, I sometimes forget I can just not read that area of the forums. Someone brought up scum we had just 10 years ago and, well, I didn' t consider it would get as much attention as it did to mention we could take a stance as a community seeing how there is a war in Europe. It does get on nerves sometimes but it was the wrong place and the wrong take.

I'd google it but i'm i currently cant risk going to bandwidth heavy sites so does anyone have an idea what prompted a name like kiwi farms? Is it some kind of a dog whistle thing or maybe just goofing around?

Apparently it comes from "cwcwiki" forums which was the chrischan stalking website. People mispronounced it as kiwi farms and they went with it

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I guess we're actually getting lumped in with 4chan technically but it's the same issue

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

henkman posted:

Just know when to move on and not become obsessed with one particular weirdo

And don't make that the reason you get married

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

Out of morbid curiosity I went to 4chan to see how they responded to KiwiFarms being banned and even people in /b/ were dancing on its grave. So the fact that even /b/ think they are scum is kind of incredible. I wasn't brave enough to check /pol/ though, they're probably crying about losing a place that helped them stalk trans people.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Someone posting ads and flyers looking for a hot, boyfriend free girl or whatever is inherently funny especially when they are wearing a ceramic amulet of their own design that just happens to feature an "original" character that's literally just a mashup up of Sonic The Hedgehog and Pikachu.

Most people would find that humorous if you separate it from the larger dark context of the harassment.

At this point it's not really possible for me to do that.

My point being: laughing at oddballs on the internet is a tale as old as time and needn't be coupled with decades long campaigns of harassment/doxxing.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Poohs Packin posted:

Someone posting ads and flyers looking for a hot, boyfriend free girl or whatever is inherently funny especially when they are wearing a ceramic amulet of their own design that just happens to feature an "original" character that's literally just a mashup up of Sonic The Hedgehog and Pikachu.

Most people would find that humorous if you separate it from the larger dark context of the harassment.

I just think that the latter flows from the former, and as long as your culture says A is fine and good you're going to be fostering B whether you like it or not. It's not so different imo from how there actually turns out to be a lot of actual racists hanging out in the ironic racist community. Who do you think is finding this great content for you?

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

poverty goat posted:

I just think that the latter flows from the former, and as long as your culture says A is fine and good you're going to be fostering B whether you like it or not. It's not so different imo from how there actually turns out to be a lot of actual racists hanging out in the ironic racist community. Who do you think is finding this great content for you?

Im considerate to that fact nowadays.

I just don't think that stumbling across CWC over a decade ago, chucking a bit and forgetting about it really signal boosted anyone or created some kind of complicit environment in my dorm room.

Especially when I was ignorant to the nature of the content. Now that I know more about it its disgusting. Doesn't stop it from being hilarious at the time.

Omon Ra
Nov 1, 2020
peanus

Dixville posted:

I feel super bad for Chrischan and everything she's been through
Like raping her mother?

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Yeah because the person obviously needed help a long time ago and the constant harrasement from the Internet didn't help matters at all. Something doing something awful after years of harrasement and obsession doesn't suddenly make it okay.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

twistedmentat posted:

The who now?

It's been the Police Service of Northern Ireland for 20 years now because the RUC had, um, a certain reputation. Or are these, like, zombie bigot cops?

Edit: oh, e;fb

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I cant believe new zealand would do this...

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

PITY BONER posted:

Of course it's in Russia, and it will probably be supported and boosted by the Russian government because it helps ensure more instability in the West.

Owning the libs by sucking up to Big Daddy Putin who will most certainly put a bullet through my head after I fulfilled my purpose by burning down my home country.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
thread needs less debating whether Chris Chan is good/bad/neither, and more dancing on Kiwi Farms's grave, imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Hammerite posted:

thread needs less debating whether Chris Chan is good/bad/neither, and more dancing on Kiwi Farms's grave, imo

:hmmyes:

I mean it's relevant to talk about how it started but let's keep the focus on it please