Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Problem description: My EVGA 1080 GTX SC is not recognized after updating the BIOS on my MSI B450M Mortar motherboard (using MSI's Dragon utility).

Attempted fixes: I tried clearing the CMOS both by shorting the pins and by removing the battery for ~30 seconds. I have also tried re-seating the GPU.

Recent changes: I updated the BIOS because I noticed an m.2 SSD that I'd switched to the second slot wasn't showing up in Windows or the BIOS.

--

Operating system: Windows 11. I think pro, but maybe educational (can't check right now, of course).

System specs:
  • CPU: Ryzen 5 2600
  • Motherboard: MSI B450M Mortar
  • GPU: EVGA 1080 GTX SC
  • Memory: 2x Corsair Vengeance DDR4 16 GB 3200MHz
  • PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 G+.
  • Hard Drives: Western Digital Blue SN550 NVMe, Crucial MX500 m.2 drive (not sure if SATA or NVMe; this is the one that isn't detected), Samsung Ev0 840 SSD, Samsung HDD.

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes

hooah fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Sep 4, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
I used MSI's flashback port + button to install the latest BIOS and now I'm back to a working machine.