Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

whats the character limit on posts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Lucky Guy posted:

whats the character limit on posts

Peg Sliderskew
Jan 4, 2010
I really dislike the smell of curry :( It's frustrating because I know I'm missing out, but the couple of times I have tried it the smell has killed my appetite so it's tasted meh. It's also embarrassing because 'ugh curry smell' is a staple complaint from racists everywhere. Everyone (else, including aforementioned racists) loves curry! Wtf is wrong with me?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
All curry? That's quite a range of smells.

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord
I've been on SA for literal decades.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

I was probably a bit too old when I realised there wasn't a letter called elemenopee.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
I can't click my fingers or whistle and I refuse to learn

Zoesdare posted:

1: Façade is not pronounced “fack aide”

I have a really bad case of Dad Joke Brain and ever since I saw the 'pronouncing things incorrectly' Vines I have a compulsion to pronounce things dumbly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEWS45e5npA

One of the ways I sometimes pronounce things dumbly is including the silent letters, like the 'l' in 'salmon'. Hey, I paid for all the letters so I'm going to get full use out of all of them. :colbert:

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

The w in sword is really fun you can get it so it takes people a few times to understand why it sounds different.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

i can still taste him posted:

I've been on SA for literal decades.

what's your point

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I've started whistling on my s's. I don't know when it started and I don't know how to stop.

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Both sword and salmon are leftovers of grumpy old Englishmen with Opinions on spelling, though in different directions:

Salmon has been "sammon" in English forever, but it has an L in Latin so that's clearly correct. And changing the spelling despite the pronunciation means you're learned and wise.

Sword used to have that w - it's still got an audible V there in other languages. But changing the spelling because of the pronunciation is gauche and stupid, obviously.

As for how I'm broken? I can't burp, so after a few beers I'm nauseous and bloated for hours. I'll sporadically let out a tiny *brp* if it catches me unaware while I'm moving, but never on command.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I misspelled a word on the internet and 12 years ago and people are still angry about it. :viggo:

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord

Smugworth posted:

what's your point

I think it is a good indicator of being fundamentally broken.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Computer viking posted:

Both sword and salmon are leftovers of grumpy old Englishmen with Opinions on spelling, though in different directions:

Salmon has been "sammon" in English forever, but it has an L in Latin so that's clearly correct. And changing the spelling despite the pronunciation means you're learned and wise.

Sword used to have that w - it's still got an audible V there in other languages. But changing the spelling because of the pronunciation is gauche and stupid, obviously.

As for how I'm broken? I can't burp, so after a few beers I'm nauseous and bloated for hours. I'll sporadically let out a tiny *brp* if it catches me unaware while I'm moving, but never on command.

Whoa psychic post. :aaaaa:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It’s all we hayve. :cripes:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It was actually spellcheckers fault. :shrug:

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

I’m of Mexican descent and I don’t like onions. Okay, so I’ve warmed up to them over the years and can eat them caramelized or dissolved in food; it’s raw I can’t stand :barf:

Which sucks because the majority of Mexican food has raw onions in it. Such is life.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
I chop onions constantly to hide my tears of sorrow. It's gotten me fired twice

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I dwell in beautiful darkness forever

chop chop chop boohoohoo

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Genitals too pretty

spleen merchant
Jul 1, 2007
Fun Shoe
I seem to get vasovagal syncope pretty bad. I've nearly passed out from busting my knuckles and getting an ultrasound on my shoulder. Even blood pressure tests make me feel sketchy.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Icochet posted:

I dwell in beautiful darkness forever

chop chop chop boohoohoo

No downers chum, you chop those onions in lonely silence.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

spleen merchant posted:

I seem to get vasovagal syncope pretty bad. I've nearly passed out from busting my knuckles and getting an ultrasound on my shoulder. Even blood pressure tests make me feel sketchy.

What up vasovagal syncope pal! It loving sucks and I get it when using the bathroom sometimes, though it’ll kick in if I get up too fast.

Love to wake up sweating on the floor for no reason. Good and normal body

Cryomancer
Jan 22, 2005

Indeed.

Funky See Funky Do posted:

I can't spell occured occurred the first time I try. It happens every time and my brain just won't remember that it's two c's and two r's.

I have this with the word "occasion" as well. Must be something to do with the o-double-c thing.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

I know nerds like to joke about sunlight, but I'm seriously bad at it (and bright lights in general). I burn more easily than my skin tone would suggest, I'm really sensitive to glare, and being out in bright sunlight makes me feel tired and leaves me feeling weird for the rest of the day. I'm like a dracula but not sexy.

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

im always sweating unless its really cold. its why i love the cold. but just gallons a day of body sweat

^also this one. Summer is Not Great for me.

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

im always sweating unless its really cold. its why i love the cold. but just gallons a day of body sweat

What up fellow sweater! Sometimes I'll be sat at my computer desk and just like "too hot, I am sweating, off goes the t-shirt" in 20*C weather.

Sometimes I get woken up in the night by these horrendous cramps in one of my calf muscles and I have no idea what causes it. It's just a thing that happens. Even get a limp the following day if it's been particularly bad!

I over-explain things because my dad is a crazy person and did things, or did things in a certain order, without obvious rationale when I was a kid so I am compelled to justify anything and everything I do to not seem like a crazy person myself, which annoys my partner.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Brutal Garcon posted:

I know nerds like to joke about sunlight, but I'm seriously bad at it (and bright lights in general). I burn more easily than my skin tone would suggest, I'm really sensitive to glare, and being out in bright sunlight makes me feel tired and leaves me feeling weird for the rest of the day. I'm like a dracula but not sexy.

^also this one. Summer is Not Great for me.

I usually sneeze when I step out into the sun. My dad does too and so did my granddad. Must be 1/64th vampire or something.

I am pretty sexy though so at least I got that going for me.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I hate getting my hair wet. The day I found out you don't have to wash your hair every day and it actually dries out your scalp i was so excited. Now I just take a body shower half the time.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Dixville posted:

I hate getting my hair wet. The day I found out you don't have to wash your hair every day and it actually dries out your scalp i was so excited. Now I just take a body shower half the time.

This is good to know since I'm covered in hair as well

Peg Sliderskew
Jan 4, 2010

goatface posted:

All curry? That's quite a range of smells.

I know! That's why I think it qualifies as 'broken' rather than 'doesn't like the smell of some spices'. It's like- the smell of hot!

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Very special. Sell your nose to science.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

I can’t not swap the words “dishwasher” and “washing machine”. I’ll say my clothes are in the dishwasher and the dishes are in the washing machine. I never go so far as actually putting my clothes in the dishwasher but for some reason when the word comes out of my mouth I will say the wrong appliance every time.

dot communist
Mar 28, 2005

I've never been diagnosed, but I think I might be slightly OCD. I have a weird thing about numbers, where the volume on the TV or the stereo can't be an odd number unless it's 5. One, three, seven, and nine are not acceptable. It has to be even or a multiple of 5. It's not all the time, but it's pretty often, and I have gotten a bit better at tolerating the "bad numbers" over the years.

I'm mostly deaf in my right ear. I rely on reading people's lips a lot when talking with them, so masks have been a problem the past couple of years. And I get so tired of asking "I'm sorry, what was that?" that I will just nod my head and go "uh-huh, yeah wow" a lot of the time. It rarely seems to make much difference in like 90% of conversations.

As mentioned before by others itt, I think mispronouncing words is funny. I go a bit further with it though and will call things by the wrong names or use words inappropriately because it's amusing to me. My delivery is so dry though that people regularly take it as a sincere mistake. And even if they do get it it's never as funny to them as it is to me, so it's almost never worth doing. My girlfriend and I are both word nerds, but she's more prescriptive as opposed to my more descriptivist point of view, so it drives her a little bonkers.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I just noticed a bruise running down my tricep and onto the outside of my forearm. No idea where that came from.

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

looking at prominent adams apples fucks me all the way up

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

I stubbed my left pinkie toe so many times that it has low grade superpowers (can predict weather changes by aching)

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

Grimey Drawer
There was stool in my blood today

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Three or four legs?

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
i've always gotten this weird vertigo/anxiety riding on the interstate for more than 30 min to an hour

and then ive been in 3 kinda scary car accidents that were entirely the other drivers' fault, though i was uninjured

and then the better part of a decade driving around log trucks or pulling heavy equipment trailers in the inner city

so now every thing about being in a car is just anxiety and stress for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

i...

i have a hole between my buttocks