Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

Lance of Llanwyln posted:

Wait…I’m a notable poster? poo poo, I’m just a loser trans woman, does this mean I have to elevate the quality of my shitposts? Oh God…
Uhhh…gently caress Tom Brady?

They didn't say notably good, stay the course LoL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Lance of Llanwyln posted:

Uhhh…gently caress Tom Brady?

Always and forever, friendo.

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

On one hand, I want Mac Jones to be good because I'm an Alabama fan.

On the other hand, Tua also went to Alabama, and the pats suck.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Hopefully the whole Zach Wilson is ready is just smoke to try and mess with the Ravens. I do wish the season started against any other team though. Even though Flacco is bad, he can at least make easy completions and the offense looked competent last year with him. But the Ravens know him inside and out and are probably going to absolutely wreck him.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
I don't think mcmagic is a hot take artist, he is just take bunkered on whatever he says most of the time. Sometimes he will admit he was wrong, but he will usually just go down with the ship. For example, he would never admit Tua is good

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Thankfully he'll never have to.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
You son of

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Sorry about the incoming disaster season, Bills posters

https://twitter.com/nflgameday/status/1567330861913374720?s=21

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Lmao Irvan come on.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Lmao Irvan come on.

Half of them homered out on the losers.

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

Professor Funk posted:

Sorry about the incoming disaster season, Bills posters

https://twitter.com/nflgameday/status/1567330861913374720?s=21

Season of spectacular failure incoming.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Nodoze posted:

I don't think mcmagic is a hot take artist, he is just take bunkered on whatever he says most of the time. Sometimes he will admit he was wrong, but he will usually just go down with the ship. For example, he would never admit Tua is good

He thought Urban Meyer was gonna be a good NFL coach and I’m pretty sure he has since recanted said take.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
The Bills sending Brady in to retirement with an absolute and embarrassing drubbing in a SB is the timeline we want but not the timeline we deserve.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Ehud posted:

He thought Urban Meyer was gonna be a good NFL coach and I’m pretty sure he has since recanted said take.

That skips past hot take right to "what drugs are you on"

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

The Buffalo Bills are going to boss rush every single one of those teams to win the super super bowl

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Nodoze posted:

I admitted Josh Allen was good..

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

I think everyone outside of a small subset of Bills true believers were forced to admit that one.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Pablo Bluth posted:

The Bills sending Brady in to retirement with an absolute and embarrassing drubbing in a SB is the timeline we want but not the timeline we deserve.

Brady winning an 11th Conference Championship would be extremely sweet and a far better way to probably end a career than a divisional round loss.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I’m so excited for tomorrow :ssj:

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

t a s t e posted:

Sleep will not come easy tonight.

Nov 6, 2002

t a s t e posted:

Big mistake.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Just went to look up this thread at the beginning of the Josh Allen ascent. After the Week One victory over the Jets, taste called his shot:

t a s t e posted:

Please, he’ll get there [to the AFC conference game] this year

LightReaper
May 3, 2007

Ohhh this is a fun read

Nodoze posted:

I don't even think Matt Ryan is anything special and no way Josh Allen gets to be that good lol

Time makes fools of us all

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1567528434573647872

Also

https://twitter.com/Broncos/status/1567527369275224066

He could retire once JA17 delivered him from the No-playoff-TDs curse...

LightReaper
May 3, 2007

fsif posted:

Okay, let the record show that I do not believe Josh Allen will ever win MVP. In the future, when Josh Allen has a bad game, I kindly request the thread refrains from posting "lol bills fans think THIS GUY will be MVP" and instead post "lol bills fans—excluding fsif—think THIS GUY will be MVP."

Lol, lmao

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

The return of the football season is a good thing

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

fsif posted:

Just went to look up this thread at the beginning of the Josh Allen ascent. After the Week One victory over the Jets, taste called his shot:

I undersold him. Josh Allen will be a deserving a hall of famer

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Ok.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1567536531920781312

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

t a s t e posted:

Getting nervous already for Rams-Bills

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Cool now do Oliver

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1567528706066857985

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Well poo poo

https://twitter.com/zackblatt/status/1567538913895407618?s=21

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

TheBizzness posted:

I thought Josh Allen was going to be horrible garbage, like the way mcmagic still thinks of him, but I like that dude. I think he’s gonna be pretty good.

September 15th, 2019.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Oh wait, best take from that thread…

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Cam was pretty amazing tonight. Guy still has his arm. That loss was much more impressive than just bulldozing a bad Dolphins team.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I mean Cam did start out pretty well last year though? He just almost immediately got covid / hurt and proceeded to look like dogshit. Opening two games were pretty optimistic.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

He was frauding from the start

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Kalli posted:

I mean Cam did start out pretty well last year though? He just almost immediately got covid / hurt and proceeded to look like dogshit. Opening two games were pretty optimistic.

Yeah using him with their power run game was legitimately scary until he broke down. It's why I didn't buy any of the talk about them drafting Mac. I thought they had something there and were gonna pursue a Ravens style offense.

Nov 6, 2002

fsif posted:

Oh wait, best take from that thread…

Naw, he WAS good that game.

But it turns out it's because the Seahawks' pass defense was historically awful. Even the corpse of Edelman almost had 200 yards.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Kalli posted:

That Seahawks game was a ton of fun even though the Pats lost, I was absolutely bullish about them actually being good after that one

Unfortunately it was only week 2. Then Cam went on to exceed 200 yards passing like 3 times the rest of the season, and 2 of those were against the deadass Gase Jets.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Hell that game even had N'Keal Harry's one good play as a pro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I'm not disputing that Cam was good in that particular game, but like, come on. It was a fairly reasonable take at the time that ended up being dead wrong going forward.