Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Durr Kommissar
Jan 25, 2010

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Milano tried to stop but instead knocked Tua off-balance and onto his back, brutal. Sorry Miami, that sucks.

Yep, that wasn’t ~dirty~, it was lovely luck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Durr Kommissar
Jan 25, 2010

Hamhandler posted:

Like deep down Bills fans reasonably should be on some level insecure about having a good team in reality, given their history and their current team… but that being said you’d expect it in a way that would at least be a little bit endearing rather than this.

All the more reason you can throw it in our faces the next time we drop an embarrassing game? :shrug:

Durr Kommissar
Jan 25, 2010
Just put loving Shakir in already, christ

Durr Kommissar
Jan 25, 2010

Amy Pole Her posted:

That’s not what he said. But it’s okay! Readings tough. Time to hit up that GED class in Buffalo! (Assuming there’s still space left)

As a former South Florida resident, maybe don’t take *that* specific tack against NY? Unless the FCAT is your bar for academic success?

Durr Kommissar
Jan 25, 2010

Amy Pole Her posted:

Sounds like you’ve got some public school problems to me.

I’m busy over here looking at the top 3 high school IB program rankings from St. Andrews and Benjamin 😎

Edit lmao Odd person to go to the mattresses over but I guess new gotta stick with new

3-3

Durr Kommissar
Jan 25, 2010

Amy Pole Her posted:

Good lord. You’re from Buffalo, genuinely talking poo poo about *anywhere*? There are people in cities located in South Dakota that would rather commit suicide than move to Buffalo.

Dammit. We’ve been spoiled for a while by having actual quality caliber Bills fans insults at
Miami like loving with us about injuries but it seems Ive foolishly take guys like Fsif for granted.

This new crop is like someone fed a retarded gremlin wearing a bills jersey after midnight

Lmfao Jesus Christ dude, I thought you were an rear end in a top hat before, but some real mask off poo poo here.

I don’t care if you pump up Elam or Allen, you’re just a really vile piece of poo poo.

Glad I apparently got under your skin enough for you to drop a slur tho!!!

Durr Kommissar fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Oct 17, 2022

Durr Kommissar
Jan 25, 2010

Schiavona posted:

I know pizza tastes are regional and all, but Buffalo pizza is really bad.

Franco’s and Jet’s are p good, and I’ll always have a soft spot for Bocce Club from when I was growing up. But yeah, a lot of it is just overly sauced and doughy poo poo.

Durr Kommissar
Jan 25, 2010
Glad that I got to come home and see both of my Dad’s hometown teams win tonight after his funeral yesterday, even if this one was closer than was needed (and he still would have found plenty to complain about).

He got kicked out of The Rockpile way back in the day for chugging a bottle of SoCo and getting, uh, a little too rowdy, (it’s what made him swear off of alcohol) so I think he would have enjoyed seeing the snowball throwing.

Also, gently caress Hill forever and ever, amen.

Durr Kommissar fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Dec 18, 2022

Durr Kommissar
Jan 25, 2010

t a s t e posted:

I’m so tired of Gabriel Davis

At least we don’t have to worry about paying him.

Durr Kommissar
Jan 25, 2010

Tim Graham’s whole schtick for the past month or so has been to carry water for team screwups that, ya know, should be examined, while simultaneously telling the fanbase that we’re just a bunch of whiny, stupid assholes (I mean true for a lot of us but hey that’s what being a football fan entails) who should shut up and let the big people do the talking.

This truly was the most :actually: of all his recent articles tho.

Durr Kommissar
Jan 25, 2010

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

At the risk of sounding like an rear end in a top hat, you obviously havent been through that kind of trauma in your personal life.

Yeah, I know pro athletes are operating on a different level when it comes to ~toughing it out~ but that kinda poo poo weighs on you in a way that you can’t possibly comprehend until you experience it yourself.

All due respect and whatnot, it’s very likely Pasaluki has dealt with that poo poo, but it’s a continuum of emotions for anyone to cope with, not a one-size-fits-all situation. There were plenty of things to blame on the Bills’ collapse, but I would never pin it on them not trying hard enough for their teammate.

Durr Kommissar
Jan 25, 2010
Morse has been groping his hand practically all game, so I’m very happy that we have a good plan in place for center!

Durr Kommissar
Jan 25, 2010
Doink off the flag, this game has truly been blessed

Durr Kommissar
Jan 25, 2010
Daboll’s sitting at home with a smile tonight, knowing that even with some truly headscratching losses as our OC, at least he wasn’t part of a loss to the Wilson -led Jets.

Durr Kommissar
Jan 25, 2010
He’s just setting the new LB paradigm: Quiet, boring minimalist off the field, absolute loving psycho on it!

Durr Kommissar
Jan 25, 2010

Amy Pole Her posted:

Also don’t do anything to Hill or Waddle. Or Mustard. Thank you in advance mr milano

If they activate Elam (lol they won’t, and I’d imagine you’d have a better read on that depending on when you talked to his dad last), I’d see him being more of a blitz/chip/big hit factor, since he’s got the speed to at least potentially match up better.

Durr Kommissar
Jan 25, 2010

t a s t e posted:

If it’s something about coaching being dumb he’s probably right

I mean, I’m pretty happy with how McDermott’s been handling the defense this year, but yeah them constantly sitting Elam is pretty weird to me. Benford is good, Tre seems to be rounding back to form, but you can’t involve Elam in ANY way? If he’s doing some 4D chess poo poo and waiting til now to play him, cool whatever, but this is baffling to me.

Durr Kommissar
Jan 25, 2010

Sunday Morning posted:

Maybe he's just a middling coverage guy who takes too many penalties.

3rd best CB covering the Dolphins last year, my man.

Durr Kommissar
Jan 25, 2010
I just don't understand why we would spend a first-round draft pick on somebody that's great at press coverage, when Leslie Frazier's defense never really used it. That's not an Elam problem, that's a Bills problem.

Durr Kommissar fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Sep 26, 2023

Durr Kommissar
Jan 25, 2010
What else could make our division even better than having TWO hog-grabbing villains?

Aside from having a nut stomper like Suh make a guest stop, that is.

Durr Kommissar
Jan 25, 2010
Why are we doing Zapruder rear end videos linked to our own Twitter accounts? Cmon. This weekend is already gonna be messy enough in this thread without this poo poo

Durr Kommissar
Jan 25, 2010

fsif posted:

So can anyone explain what this is all about?

https://twitter.com/MatMlodzinski/status/1708573652160066044

McMagic-level Bills are frauds kinda trolling? Doubting the Bills in general?

And yeah, the betting (barely when accounting for home field) underdog factor too.

Durr Kommissar fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Oct 3, 2023

Durr Kommissar
Jan 25, 2010
Hochul showing her true Buffalo bias by extending the SLA special permits deadline so more NYS restaurants/sports bars can sell liquor starting at 8 AM for the upcoming Jags game.

This will be a shitshow either way, especially after that boring Manuel slopfest in 2015.

Durr Kommissar
Jan 25, 2010

WalletBeef posted:

What brand of ranch do you put on your wings?

Ken’s, as I’ve made apparent by my incredibly infrequent posting that’s mostly Bills adjacent.

Durr Kommissar
Jan 25, 2010

Kurgarra Queen posted:

The 2015 game was the perfect distillation of E.J. Manuel's career: he was really bad, but also could be good, but not good enough to make up for the really bad. Not even against the Blake Bortles Jaguars!

Also you had the fun possibility of him potentially getting benched for Josh Johnson, who had signed with the team practically as they got on the plane.

This is more what I was trying to get across. Manuel starting maybe wasn’t boring in the traditional sense, like yeah you’d possibly get a highlight reel and some entertaining plays (intentional or not), but you knew to expect at least two turnovers and some incredibly boring ball-control/checkdown poo poo too.

At that point, if we had to start Manuel, you knew what you were getting, and that made the game duller from the jump.

Durr Kommissar
Jan 25, 2010
I’m probably misremembering, but I thought that whole storyline really took off last season. Allen and Tua being buds despite all the chippy games.

Not accounting for Allen essentially being a golden retriever off the field and loving everybody.

Durr Kommissar
Jan 25, 2010

:same:

Durr Kommissar
Jan 25, 2010

fsif posted:

The Bills have been getting lots of first downs these past few games but it hasn't translated to many points.

Yeah, I expected a slog yesterday (it’s another divisional game, the Pats have a reason to play us hard, we’ve been playing sloppy lately, etc.) but I wasn’t expecting a loving Jauron/Edwards era game where we have massive clock eating drives that result in nothing. It’s awful.

Durr Kommissar
Jan 25, 2010

fsif posted:

I mean I thought the Bills actually looked good tonight (against a bad team) but then McD decided to play the most scaredy chickenshit style of game for the last quarter and it still took two fourth down penalties to get it to where it was.

Well hey, he went for it once on 4th down in the first half on the goal line and the pass was knocked away, so obviously he had to go back to being a loving coward.

Durr Kommissar
Jan 25, 2010

fsif posted:

Based on McDermott's whining about throwing too much I'm pretty sure he's going to basically poison the well of any OC going forward.

That analytics article on The Athletic the other day was trying very hard to position fans against jettisoning Dorsey…but it pretty much made the case for tossing McDermott out instead.

I’m appreciative of what he’s done for us, and while ~the season isn’t over yet~ it’s looking like we’re gearing up for another also-ran playoff contender year at best. He’s been here 7 years, so I really can’t imagine anyone would disagree with the idea that he’s had a pretty huge loving leash. Yes, I know, he broke the drought (by sheer dumb luck that year, let’s be real) and brought us back to relevance.

My personal problems with him aside, that’s a long time to keep stepping on rakes and regressing year after year in the postseason with Allen as your QB. McD isn’t Tomlin, he doesn’t have a SB to his name to keep the fans (mostly dipshit WGR callers, to be fair) from expecting more.

Durr Kommissar fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Nov 10, 2023

Durr Kommissar
Jan 25, 2010

Kurgarra Queen posted:

I’ve said it before, but I’ll say it again: it’s starting to look like we’ve already gone as far as we’re ever going to go with McDermott. The team is regressing and if that trend continues next year, then it’s time to face up to the likelihood McD is played out. A team with Josh Allen under center shouldn’t be anything less than a serious contender for any length of time. I understand there are mitigating factors this year, of course, in terms of injuries, so unless we like, lose out, I’m down with McD being back next year. Dorsey needs to go yesterday though.

Am I optimistic that the team will ultimately do better? Not particularly, but I would prefer that they try than ride out another 2-3 years like this.

:agreed:

Durr Kommissar
Jan 25, 2010
This is one of those nights where I’m actually thrilled to listen to WGR because man alive are they all just flabbergasted.

Also don’t know how you can listen to McD give out another awful coachspeak (even by coachspeak standards) postgame conference and give out the usual poo poo about “execution” and “great practices this week” without wanting to jettison him into the sun. He’ll be more embarrassing than Lewis if we keep letting him drag us down into the Jauron-level muck. But as everyone else has already pointed out, he ain’t going anywhere anytime soon, so hooray for that!

Durr Kommissar
Jan 25, 2010

t a s t e posted:

McD is starting to throw them under the bus too. Fraud

Well hey, he got ~fiery~ and said rear end. That’s how you know he’s finally taking accountability and is very serious about examining the tape.

Durr Kommissar
Jan 25, 2010

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Idk I feel like McDermott has earned the right to find another OC and see how it goes. He “solved” the Leslie Frazier problem by taking over the defense and while I don’t think he was wrong to hire Ken Dorsey for offensive continuity that clearly did not work out.

He’s already thrown three separate coordinators under the bus in the past three years, and that’s not even mentioning the constant baffling decisions he’s made to lose games in critical moments. He’s had 7 years, and again, has been looking more like Jauron than Levy (who also had his faults/different era and whatever but hey that’s easy enough for comparison’s sake).

Whether or not he actually DOES get canned instead of getting another mulligan, well yeah. It’s the safest :toxx: in the world that he’s still here next year.

Durr Kommissar
Jan 25, 2010

t a s t e posted:

https://x.com/TheHonestNFL/status/1729611670979334455?s=20

It sucks so much that the Bills have a once-in-a-generation kind of player and they’ve held him back with a rah-rah defensive guru whose defenses always collapse

So long as the Bobs in Cheektowaga and Steves in Orchard Park keep rallying ‘round the McDermott flag, Pegula will feel content knowing that the true fans in Buffalo are fine with that gormless gently caress running things into the ground!

Durr Kommissar
Jan 25, 2010
Then you’re welcome to mire in also-ran status at best with the rest of them, if you’re that afraid of making a change after 7 goddamn years. Again, he doesn’t have a ring to cling to, it’s time to get rid of someone who has Jauron stink on him.

Durr Kommissar
Jan 25, 2010
Yep, and we’ve all seen it too! Surprisingly, in spite of my 2010 reg date, I witnessed the Drought Years. As much as so many people think it’s a foregone conclusion that we’ll just become even worse than that (and god forbid, that McDermott will get snapped up as soon as they fire him, so he can go be the next Ron Rivera), I’m willing to roll the dice! It’s better than watching this team continually implode in new and incredibly frustrating ways that honestly haven’t compared to the absolute boring resignation of the ~bad years~

And here’s a fun edit for the Phins fans, when I lived in Florida, I had both a Bledsoe AND McGahee jersey. And you better believe I got poo poo at school from the Phins fans at the time for being a Bills fan (not much different than now as an adult). I know how low this poo poo can get, that’s why I want it to get better.

Durr Kommissar fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Nov 29, 2023

Durr Kommissar
Jan 25, 2010
Can’t wait to hear the mental gymnastics from all of the Bills beat after this ends in another embarrassing collapse. They spent all day today calling the Dunne piece a character assassination. Even Eric Wood was doing multiple contortions about the fact that Josh Allen has no relationship with McDermott and how that's actually a good thing.

(Of course, conveniently leaving out the fact that reporters asked Josh Allen to comment and he declined on Friday.)

Makes me loving sick that my dad got a few tastes of greatness (really, just the AFL Championship and the four year SB run) but died having to watch this team revert to Drought Era futility. I have become McMagic, whiner of teams.

Durr Kommissar fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Dec 11, 2023

Durr Kommissar
Jan 25, 2010
So, who will McDermott take underhanded shots at first during his press conference? Brady for the two throws instead of runs at the end or Smiley for the fake punt?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Durr Kommissar
Jan 25, 2010

:kiss: