Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

diggs is really so good holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

TheBizzness posted:

I hope McDaniel is good but even if he isn’t, he seems like a pretty cool guy.

I want my head coach to prop my mediocre QB up not tear him down like Flores certainly would have done after this game.

same, don't want to overreact to week 1 (esp following a win) but the entire locker room vibe seems better than it's been for a few regimes

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

Amy Pole Her posted:

These refs are trash. Baltimore doesn’t need your blatant bias here boys they’re winning anyway

that tripping call lmao

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

feels like i haven't seen a lot of wilkins today but nice stop there

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

holy poo poo

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

is pepsi ok posted:

Aaaaaaaa I'm so nervous

still in shock that we're here after halftime

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

nachos posted:

This isn’t over

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

man why the gently caress is anyone still talking about BUF-MIA, especially in the context of tua's injury

e: should have said "who really won BUF-MIA"

stuker fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Sep 30, 2022

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

whatis posted:

the entire system is trash and needs to be completely overhauled

I don't think McDaniel is blameless by any means, but I also find it hard to believe that a majority of other head coaches wouldn't do the same thing in similar circumstances for all the reasons mentioned previously. You can't effectively resolve this without changing the protocols.

stuker fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Sep 30, 2022

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

week 3: bills fans angry about a loss involving questionable concussion evaluations
week 5: dolphins fans angry about a loss involving questionable concussion evaluations

the circle of life

edit: to be clear i think keeping teddy out was the right move, but yeah that berrios clip and everything else about the NFL doesn't really give me tons of faith in the updated protocols fixing much

stuker fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Oct 10, 2022

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

TheBizzness posted:

Two of those posters are Dolphins fans.

reasonable mistake but still lmao

there was a brief moment early in the 2nd half where the fins looked like they might pull it out to be fair

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

fsif posted:

Apologies for being so dense, but how does Miami get any optics wins for having Bridgewater active as a backup? I don't think there are a chorus of people who demand Teddy sit in the first place, but if there were, why would they be okay with him being a backup? It's okay to risk his health in this case because there's only like a 3% chance he sees the field?

That feels like the worst of both worlds—they're playing the worse QB while also not really getting points for protecting their players.

I think it's more a combination of all the factors. I'd guess Skylar is starting because he actually got the full week of practice with some additional influence from not wanting to repeat the Tua incident, and at least on the former after seeing Teddy's spot starts I can't really blame the coaching staff for it. I imagine they still probably rate Teddy with no practice above Sinnett and that's why he's the backup. That certainly flies in the face of the aforementioned optics concern, but from an overall franchise perspective having 3 QBs knocked out in 3 weeks (and Teddy twice, in this worst case scenario) is a bigger disaster than being lit up in the media for another week because Teddy gets concussed as the backup QB.

I think it's still very possible that Teddy actually was concussed and the Miami beat coverage selectively reported some of this stuff over the course of the week, but Teddy dressing but not starting doesn't rule out the optics IMO.

stuker fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Oct 15, 2022

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

I mean I think there's a legitimate chance they think Skylar gives them a better chance to win this week after getting a full week of practice which factors into Teddy not starting. That could be very dumb and he lays an egg against the Vikings, but again Teddy has not looked great when forced into the game in Tua's previous departures. I know I had some hope that he would look better after a week working with the starters before the Jets game, and I guess I'm extending that logic to Skylar now this following week. Regarding optics in general, if Miami didn't care about them then I'm not sure why they'd have announced Tua being out or specifically mention that Bridgewater would be the expected backup as early as they did-- those data points are certainly helpful to an opponent.

e: Flores stuff made me realize, the "who should be the starting/backup QB" conversation is a nice callback to last season

stuker fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Oct 15, 2022

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

fsif posted:

Yeah I think Teddy is the backup for football reasons

Irrelevant now anyway!

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

goddamn sanders really fell off huh

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

i think it's fine-- with everything going so poorly for the fins at present, it is a slight balm to think back to week 3

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

it's hard to even feel great about the defense looking better with all of these injuries

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

legitimately confused if our defense has turned a corner or if the vikings are just frauds (jefferson aside)

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

th3t00t posted:

Edit: holy poo poo Jets defense!

really disproving things by posting a bills meme about the game weeks ago lol

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

TheBizzness posted:

That XPT gonna be the difference when we win 17-16!!!!

speak it into existence

e: we are going to throw a pick in the red zone aren't we

e2: we are not!

stuker fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Oct 16, 2022

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

th3t00t posted:

What? That dolfans can dish it out, but can’t take it now that the shoe is on the other foot?

We’d probably stop if you made it a little less obvious about how well it’s working.

lmao yes you are quite the puppetmaster

weren't you the one saying dolphins fans should feel complicit in tua's concussion?

e: yup

th3t00t posted:

Not the Buffalo media or Buffalo fans. We all knew he was concussed. A lot of "whiner line" calls to the post-game show were about how the Dolphins cheated to get Tua back into the game. How does it feel to be complicit in Tua's sacrifice?

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

indigi posted:

everyone should!

yeah i mean i don't disagree with this

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

lmao

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

tarbrush posted:

What a loving awful way to lose. I genuinely thought they were going to win till Waddle shelled it.

if i was just checking the box score afterwards i'd probably shrug, but watching it live you really appreciate the dolphins flair

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

jesus christ end this game

th3t00t posted:

LMAO Yeah. Bills fans should stop posting about the Dolphins, because we're clearly not getting under your skin.

it's mostly just you

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

Durr Kommissar posted:

All the more reason you can throw it in our faces the next time we drop an embarrassing game? :shrug:

have you seen jets fans here this past week? thats just how it goes in a divisional matchup

i don't think any dolphins fans have been lording that win over anyone since roughly 8:45 pm est 9/29

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

mcmagic posted:

I don't think any Jet fans here were making GBS threads on the Dolphins the last week or gloating. I know I wasn't.

should have been clearer-- i didn't mean gloating at all, just enjoying the win. i.e. a perfectly reasonable response.

i was more responding to the "throwing in our faces" part, beyond the weather back and forth i'm not sure what dolphins fans here did to particularly shove the loss in the faces of the bills. if everyone in here starts cheering about a possible KC win today then sure, i guess.

stuker fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Oct 16, 2022

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

whatis posted:

tua sucks lol

halcyon days

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

mcmagic posted:

They are 4-2 and they have been dogs in every game. Who cares?

i don't think it's to take anything away from what the jets have done, but if you're setting a bar for wins i think you gotta look at the spreads a bit

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

Diva Cupcake posted:

According to the betting markets the Jets are the 14th best team in the AFC. The Bucs are the 2nd best team in the NFC.

Clearly there are some market inefficiencies.

https://twitter.com/benbbaldwin/status/1582032463936688128

fair enough, i mean falcons being 6-0 ATS and right next to y'all seems to imply similarly

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

Nodoze posted:

Volin is a dollar store version of Shaughnessy in almost every way

and yet he was the best beat guy in miami by a mile, which tells you about all you need to know about our local reporting

e: whoops i had that tab open too long, but yeah exactly

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

mcmagic posted:

He requested a trade off of 3 games, not 4 years.

I think the point is that Moore doesn't want to wait those 4 years.

Completely agree that this is just a dumb thing to have to deal with during a good run for the team, but it reminds me a lot of the Minkah Fitzpatrick situation. It sucks because you're not gonna get his real trade value from anyone with the complaints public, and worst case scenario he balls out for whoever takes him

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

Ehud posted:

Making the playoffs once and getting bounced in the first game is :shrug:

yeah unless you just want to hate a perennial AFC contender more than you already do (hi ravens) making the playoffs with a team that you know isn't gonna do anything kinda sucks. it's better than 8-9 and missing them, but that's not a high bar

anyway i wonder how this season is going to shake out for the fins

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

mcmagic posted:

They are going to be favored by a TD+ in the next 4 probably.

personally skeptical of that, i'd be surprised if we're 7+ favorites against the lions or the browns (maybe the lions with injuries?)

but even so weren't we just talking about vegas inefficiencies before this week's games? if gambling markets can underrate the jets i absolutely believe they can overrate the dolphins

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

fsif posted:

The Lions have one win.

they do! but i think they've shown a competitive enough offense to cause the dolphins problems with our steadily declining secondary, and i certainly don't consider the dolphins a team that would command a spread of 7 points or higher against them

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

why the hell would pickett even throw it there? even with timing off that throw sucks

not feeling any better about the fins rn but i'm glad tua is back

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

mcmagic posted:

Because he's a bad player who sucks.

this is why i will not take any solace in a 16-10 win

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

fsif posted:

Mitchell woulda won

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

mcmagic posted:

A win in the NFL is a win is a win no matter who you're playing against.

Ehud posted:

mcmagic gets it

sometimes you have a lovely night and the best you can hope for is to leave with the dub

not disagreeing with the wins column or anything, but to me what made the night lovely was the delta between how the dolphins looked in the first quarter and how they looked the rest of the game

even the best teams will have stretches where they don't look like themselves, but the steelers shutting us down for almost 3 quarters doesn't fill me with optimism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

Timing in general between Tua and Hill seemed a bit weird Sunday night. I remember a pass in the 1st quarter where Hill stumbled for a step or two as Tua was throwing-- wound up being an easily catchable ball but had me thinking it would have been behind Hill without the stumbling.