Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Two questions, both for standard scoring:
(pick 1)
Moore vs NO
Cooks @ CHI

and
(pick 2)
Patterson @ SEA
London @ SEA
Lamb @ NYG

Kind of leaning Cooks over Moore for the first one, since at least you know the targets will be there for him, but I am not confident about it. For the second one I have no idea. Patterson split a lot week 2, but maybe they can get ahead and run a lot? Thinking about sitting either Lamb or Patterson. Is London over Lamb trying to be too clever at this point?

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Sep 25, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Cat Hassler posted:

I’d go Lockett and Stevenson as Green Bay’s run D is bad and Stevenson catches passes. Seattle’s got an RB committee

Choose a FLX .5 PPR

Christian Kirk @ PHI
Brandin Cooks v LAC

As someone with both of those players, I feel pretty comfortable playing Kirk over Cooks.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
Is Olave worth playing with Winston out? 0.5ppr

Olave vs MIN (in London)
Cooks vs LAC

I was leaning Olave before Winston was ruled out, not sure how he will be impacted by a QB change with less funslinging.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

Summit posted:

I have Montgomery and Herbert right now. Herbert is great but not as much upside if he’s sharing backfield. Trying to decide which RB to play today:

D Montgomery
K Herbert
AJ Dillon
Jeff Wilson Jr

What is giving you hesitation about Jeff Wilson? I have not really been tracking him this year, but he seems like he is getting a lot of carries in what should be a lopsided matchup, and he is not really splitting much time either.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

MakaVillian posted:

0.5 PPR, pick 1 WR

Tyler Boyd @ BAL
Zay Jones v HOU
Hunter Renfrow @KC
Michael Gallup @ LAR

Was learning Zay Jones (which is a weird thing to say out loud) but Baltimore's pass defense is not good so I'm thinking Boyd or maybe Gallup.

Those are all the same receiver. I would probably lean Boyd since it will hopefully be a shootout, but he tends to get either 12 targets or 2 targets per game.

With Amon Ra back, a new decision (standard):

ARSB @ NE (might be limited/snap count?)
London @ TB
Allgeier @ TB

I was leaning London assuming ARSB would be out since I project ATL to be behind and passing, but TBs defense has been solid. ARSB is the best option assuming he plays a full game, but I worry about a snap count.

Also, for a PPR league:

Cooks @ JAX
Woods @ WAS

A pure toss up from my perspective, kind of wondering why most sites are down on Woods relative to Cooks, not sure if I am missing something.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Oct 9, 2022

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Tough decision in my PPR Superflex redraft league. Do I pick up Skylar Thompson to play in my SF slot, or play Tony Pollard or Alec Pierce? I'm currently benching Tee Higgins after he "played" and put up zero last week and was limited all this week because of the same ankle injury, which means I have Duvernay and Doubs starting as my WRs already.

I agree with this.

Unless you need to drop someone valuable, I would gamble with Thompson. Figure a bad QB week is usually better than a random non-blue chip flex.

Vargo posted:

Picking 2 flex in .5 PPR, help me rank these players:

Kareem Hunt vs NE
Christian Kirk vs IND

DJ Moore @ LAR
Raachad White @ PIT
Tyler Algerrier vs SF

That is who I would start as well.

Two questions for my superflex:

Caleb Huntley vs SF
Philip Lindsey vs Jax

Leaning Lindsay for the more favorable matchup. I had Deon Jackson and dropped him for waivers on Tuesday because I assumed Taylor and Hines would be active. Then dropped that player to get Lindsey...

and pick 2 QB:

Trevor Lawrence @ IND
Matt Stafford vs CAR
Russell Wilson vs LAC

I don't want to talk about it.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Oct 16, 2022

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

Cat Hassler posted:

Pick 2 for my .5 PPR flex spots

Diontae @ MIA
Cooks @ LV
Brian Robinson v GB
Christian Kirk v NYG

I don’t like Kirk against Giants D and I’m starting T Lawrence so seems risky if the Giants shut their passing game down

I don’t trust the Steelers but Diontae is due for a good game

GB’s run D is terribad and Heineke is their QB so B Rob might have a lot of touches

I would lean Kirk and one of Diontae and Cooks.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Need to stream a QB in a league. Options...

Dimes @ Seattle
Geno v NYG
Fields @ Dal

It would be crazy to take Fields, riiiight?

I would probably go Dimes as well, he has had a surprisingly high floor all year, as well as some pretty big games on top of that.

VietCampo posted:

can't decide who to bench in 1 PPR

Swift vsMIA
4net vsBAL
Mostert @DET
Pollard vsCHI
DJ Moore @ATL

Needing 3 out of this group, Moores probably a bench until we see another week of production.

I agree with benching Moore until something happens a little bit more consistently, mainly because you have really good alternative options. Fournette is a tough one, TB has looked terrible lately, but besides last week he was still putting up consistent points. Swift is just returning, and was practicing last week but still got held out, so there is a bit of risk he might be on a touch count or something. I would probably sit one of those two, but not really sure which.

Did not realize two somewhat fantasy relevant teams were playing tonight so some decisions need to be made:

0.5 PPR
Fournette vs BAL
Michael Carter vs NE

No idea where to go with this one, generally I would like Fournette, but between last week and it being a Thursday game it has given me some pause. Not sure what to think of Carter as the lead back, I have not really been watching the Jets to know how well they will move the ball without Hall.

and

Standard scoring (pick two)
Gus Edwards @ TB
DJ Moore @ ATL
Cooks vs TEN
Christian Kirk vs DEN

Kind of leaning Edwards since I don't really trust Moore yet, and while Cooks always gets some yards, without PPR it has been nothing to write home about. My only concern is that TB's defense has at times looked pretty good, and Edwards is questionable and it is a Thursday game. Also, getting some spooking Patrick Surtain coverage of Christian Kirk, would it be worth playing either of those WR over him? Just edited it to include this.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Oct 27, 2022

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
For high stakes picks of who will get 5 points vs 2 points (0.5ppr):

Hunter Henry vs IND
Conklin vs BUF

Two TE that looked much better with the backup QB in. Henry does not seem to do much with Jones at QB, but is given a higher projection and at least Yahoo says it is a more favorable matchup, while Conklin had one big game last week, but before that had not had much success with Wilson at QB and looked more consistent with Flacco.

Think I am leaning toward Conklin, maybe the trend of increased targets is due to Hall being out and will continue.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Nov 2, 2022

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

Bellmaker posted:

Probably?

Need thoughts here still

I kind of think you need to go with Pierce, because you don't really have time to see if Gus will be the starter or if Swift will still be on a snap count.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
With JT out I now have some options. Which one sits between (standard scoring):

Best option between Gus Edwards / Kenyan Drake @ NO
Deon Jackson @ NE
Christian Kirk vs LV
DJ Moore @ CIN

I am thinking if Edwards is active, I maybe sit down the BAL RB option since they could share more time or he could be a decoy, while if he is out I sit Christian Kirk, even though it is a somewhat favorable matchup. Maybe I just sit the BAL RB either way? I guess now we are just pretending DJ Moore is good again and has to be started :shrug:?

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Nov 5, 2022

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
G, Lawrence, and Brissett all seem like reasonable bye week fill-ins this week. I would probably lean in that order, but Lawrence could have a higher ceiling than Jimmy G if you are projected to be behind or something IMO.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

Chernabog posted:

Another one:
Cowboys vs NYG
or
Jets vs CHI (Fields not playing apparently)

Both sound good, though the Cowboys should probably be safer to get some guaranteed points.

Standard scoring:
Amon Ra St Brown vs BUF (in like 30 minutes)
Mike Evans @ CLE

I can see either doing well, but thinking about sitting Evans since TBs offense has fell off quite a bit over the last few weeks.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
What about Dameon Pierce vs Edwards?

Leaning Pierce, not sure a change at QB will effect him much, and worried Edwards will not get too many touches due to recent injuries and Drake/Jackson still being very involved in the running game.

Dango Bango posted:

Need a QB to stream with Fields almost certainly out. Who do I go with out of the following?

T. Lawrence vs. BAL
J. Garoppolo vs. NO
K. Pickett @ IND

(Other lovely QBs are available too, but these are my top 3 out of the waiver QBs)

I kind of like Jimmy G here, with McCaffrey they are "throwing" more, even if it only goes 1 yard forward, and I think he has a higher floor.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
For a Yahoo specific question:

Jeff Driskel (QB, TE) vs KC
Dulcich vs ARI

Driskel is TE eligible for Yahoo, and he played a somewhat Taysom Hillish game last week where he had 6 attempted passes and 7 rushes where he ended up with a passing touchdown and some rushing change to get a decent low double digit score. He was actually on the field for about half of the snaps. I cannot find any ranking site that has him as clearly listed as a TE, so I am not sure if his really low ranking across the board is due to an expectation that his role decreases significantly this week, or if he is just getting ranked vs QBs.

Dulcich is a reasonably safe pick in that he has a favorable matchup and has been getting a decent number of targets every game. I know Denver has Rypien over Wilson this week, but I am not sure if that is a downgrade at this point.

I can see Driskel getting anywhere from 0-20 points, while Dulcich is probably a higher floor 4-10 points without a touchdown.

I don't know how accurate this guys projections are, but this sounds promising if true:
https://twitter.com/AaronWilson_NFL/status/1602729938469134343?s=20&t=twNiTeFTcTz9vNye6UyChw

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

Dango Bango posted:

If you need the boom potential, go Driskel. If you need dependable TE points, go Dulchich.

And this is where I put out my "don't start players from horse teams" mantra :v:

I don't really NEED a boom, our projection is pretty close where I am favored by 5 in the projections, but that is also close enough where I could very likely need every last point. I could definitely see a situation where I play Driskel and he does not get a snap and I lose by single digits, or I play Dulcich and Driskel gets 20 on my bench and I lose by single digits.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

.5PPR Pick Two

Najee @ CAR
Stevenson @LV
Knight vDET

I would be kind of weary of Stevenson's injury and go with Najee and Knight as safer picks.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

Zero_Grade posted:

Crazy talk: I don't start DJ Moore over Mike Evans.....right?

I wouldn't, but he is on my bench which tends to be his queue to get 20 points.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

Dango Bango posted:

If you need the boom potential, go Driskel. If you need dependable TE points, go Dulchich.

And this is where I put out my "don't start players from horse teams" mantra :v:

It was looking promising during the first series, but he played like such a dipshit such as taking 5 seconds to run out of bounds for a 3 yard loss instead of throwing it away that I think he got benched.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
I would probably lean Denver as well.

Thanks to Hurts going down, I am projected to lose by about 25 after he carried me all the way to the semi-finals.

I need to gamble at TE and QB, and the best options for each are:

Darnold vs DET
Zach Wilson vs JAX
Minshew @ DAL

Juwan Johnson @ CLE
Knox @ CHI
Dulcich @ LAR

Leaning Darnold due to matchup and Knox due to being part of a proficient offence, even it it will be a touch snowy.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

kiimo posted:

I continue to ignore Cousins over Mahomes and Lawrence in my 2 QB league right

Yep

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

Docjowles posted:

I've been ignoring it and hoping it would go away, but I have to pick up a Hurts fill in (this league runs waivers Wed night). Which one of these turds do I trust to send me to the finals

Gardner Minshew @ DAL
Derek Carr @ PIT
Zach Wilson vs JAX (Thursday + bad weather + sucks)
Sa... *chokes* Sam Darnold vs DET

God help me I think I am leaning Minshew. I'm interested in Carr but I saw some wild stat that Carr has never in his career won a cold weather game and has scored like 2 total TDs in them or something. Could just be small sample size noise of course.

Mostly I'm afraid my opponent and her wife are gonna add all of them and I will be stuck playing Trace McSorley or something lol. I am very low on FAAB.

I had a similar choice with slightly less favorable options (aka no Carr), and decided to go with Darnold. Maybe your team is better than mine, but without Hurts I am projected to lose by 25, so I need to go for ceiling points rather than floor points. I am always weary of QBs coming in after not starting for a while, and DAL has a decent defense, so that pushed me away from Minshew some, and you already covered Wilson. I figured DET can score points well but their pass defense is bad, so hoping for a shootout where Darnold has to throw all game.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
Anyone playing DEN has to be close to the #1 defense right now.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Tony Pollard is questionable for tonight so there’s a good chance I sit him. In that event I need to choose between Allgeier and Jerick McKinnon. Or Rachaad White for my RB2. The projections are fairly similar but I’m leaning Allgeier since I think he has a lower floor. This is 1PPR.

I would go with Allgeier with those options.

Between Hurts and Henry likely not playing I am in a hole in every league where I have made the finals. Is Haskins worth playing tonight @ DAL vs Michael Carter @ SEA or Latavious Murrey @ KC? I have no idea what to expect from Haskins, but I am guessing the TEN offense will not be that threatening. I can see him getting 8 touches for 20 yards, 20 touches for 40 yards, or 20 touches for 120 yards and I have no idea which is more likely.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

coronaball posted:

With Pollard out, my Championship Week RB situation has gone from mediocre to horrifying. Pick 2, 0.5 PPR

Hassan Haskins vs. DAL tonight (perhaps a featured back on a team that is an enormous underdog and treating this like a preseason game)

Zack Moss @ NYG (a featured back on a terrible team with no QB, but heavy usage past two weeks and NYG run D is average.

Gus Bus vs. PIT (Apparently in a 1A/1B situation with Dobbins, maybe the most TD likelihood out of any of these)

Rachaad White vs. CAR (scary low usage lady week and CAR run D has been trending up)

Latavius Murray @ KC (I can't possibly stomach this. So no blurb necessary)

If you're wondering how a team like this made a finale, it's because I have Mahomes, Waddle, Keenan Allen. Ceedee Lamb, and the Niners D.

I lean toward Moss and Gus Bus for presumably higher floors.

Well, highest floor could very well be Haskins, but who knows what is happening in that game outside of TEN likely getting blown out. My concern with Moss is that he is not very good, he is not very involved in the passing game, and that game could be fairly one sided as well. Gus is good and has been efficient with his touches, but even at 5-9 YPC over the last few games he has not broken double digits, a regression down to 4 YPC and suddenly you get 3.8 points or whatever. I actually like Murray as an option, just because he is involved in the passing game. I would actually lean 1 of Moss/Haskins and Murray, with the caveat that I am playing Murray in a few leagues so maybe I am overly optimistic about his outcome.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Need to completely reshuffle my RB corps thanks to Henry and Pollard taking it EZ. Full PPR.
I need two:

Lenny Fournette, Panthers
Rasheed White, Panthers
A.J. Dillon, Vikings
Isaiah Pacheco, Broncos

The wrinkle is that I'm heavily invested in both the Bucs and the Chiefs, starting Godwin and Kelce.

pmchem posted:

PPR for all the marbles:

Fournette vs. CAR
or
Pacheco vs. DEN

I kind of think Fournette is in play for both of you (or for at least one of the decisions), especially for PPR. He has not been very consistent so far this year, but last week he had a decent game and that game should be competitive and matter for playoffs.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
I feel like I have added and dropped a bunch of now promising players like Allgeier and Pacheco 5 times across this year, but dropped them before they were useful. Since I am still in the finals in 3 leagues, help sort through my garbage. Live my life for me:

Pick 1, 0.5 PPR, Derrick Henry would sure be a better play than these guys:

Chuba Hubbard @ TB - Has been fairly productive with his limited touched the past few weeks, had 12 carries for 125 yards last week.
Doubs vs MIN - Watson might be out?
Corey Davis @ SEA - Has been a bit more productive with White at QB?
Isaiah Hodgins vs IND
Richie James vs IND

No idea what to expect from any of those players, though both Giants receivers have had a decent number of points lately.

Another pile @ 0.5 PPR replacing Derrick Henry, pick 2:

Latavius Murray @ KC - New coach. Just saw some little NFL network blurb saying their plan is to run the ball a lot today, no idea if that is meaningful.
Marquise Brown @ ATL - No Hopkins should lead to more targets with a favorable matchup, but Blough at QB?
Thielen @ GB
Meyers vs MIA
Cooks vs Jax
Both Giants receivers mentioned above

I can see any of these players getting 2 or 18. It looks like fantasypros favors Meyers and Brown but entirely sure why.

PP1st, pick 1:

Olave @ PHI
Richie James vs IND
Gus Edwards vs PIT
Michael Carter @ SEA
Peoples Jones @ WAS

Olave has been solid all year, but it is a somewhat unfavorable matchup and he is just coming off an injury. Carter has a decent matchup but no idea how he will do with White or how many touches he will get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

Floofy posted:

I’ve also big brained myself into grabbing Minshew in my superflex league. Do I play him v. NO Or Rhammonde vs Mia, Walker vs the jets, or A Jones vs the Vikings. I know sitting one of three rb1’s on teams is crazy, but I feel like Minshews ceiling is higher than one of those?

A mediocre week for a QB tends to be a good week for a RB. I would go with Minshew.