Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I haven't played in years and was just sort of flying by the seat of my pants during the draft.

10 team .5 PPR, mainly wondering what I should do with my flex because I think the rest is probably fine but I'm posting the whole thing anyway just in case

I'm assuming Akers is the play but idk if Henderson is expected to take a bunch of the workload from him, which would put the WRs or Stevenson in play maybe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I haven't even touched the team since the draft but ty for the flex advice. I guess I'll keep an eye out for Akers' status as we get closer to kickoff.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

VietCampo posted:

Uh so i might've not been completely right about this, but i also might've also been completely right at the same time.

yeah I almost just said gently caress it earlier and put one of the WRs in for him and welp

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Anything I should change here? .5 PPR

I'm not thrilled with my WRs (after Chase, of course) but I grabbed White just in case Fournette can't go (though it's looking good on that front fortunately)

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Once again asking for help because I'm just not sure about anything I do with this team

2 WR, 1 Flex, .5 PPR

WR: Chase, London, McLaurin, Jeudy
RB:Henderson Jr, Akers, Stevenson, Jamaal Williams

Bolded are my current starters, just not sure I can trust any of the first three and Williams is just an insurance policy for Swift.

I am quite honestly wondering if just throwing Williams in as the flex is worth the cheeky play in case Swift is limited again because the Vikings run D isn't anything special and I wonder if they won't both put up double digits.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Half ppr, need 2 RB, 1 WR, 1 Flex. Current starters in bold.

RB: J. Williams, Fournette, Herbert, Akers, Henderson Jr, Stevenson
WR: London, McLaurin, Doubs

My RB's are locked in I think (but I listed them anyway for full disclosure) so it's sort of just a matter of if I want to sneak Herbert in over London or McLaurin (or even Doubs in as the single WR but I think it might be a bit early for him).

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

My team is a nightmare this week. 0.5 PPR

I think I'm benching Swift for Williams regardless but him and Chase are probably the only two I have "locked in" right now. I suppose if Montgomery is still out then Herbert might be a lock as well.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

If by nightmare you mean "too many good options" then yes I agree :v:

it's a ten team league so the need for optimization is high when everyone has deep teams lol

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Should I pick up the Bears or Commies defenses for the Thursday night game? Other options are sticking with the Vikings (who I initially grabbed because of the London game + Bears combination) against Miami possibly playing their third string QB, Jacksonville against the Colts (who they already shut out a few weeks ago in a game where they put up like half their fantasy points on the season), or New England against the Browns (I'm just listing them because they seem to simply be good)

Similar vein, Start McLaurin in that Thursday game or pivot to Doubs, Pickens, or London?

e: I could also just drop one of them and grab someone off the WW

McKenzie would be pretty drat tempting if he clears concussion protocol, I think.

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Oct 12, 2022

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

IcePhoenix posted:

Similar vein, Start McLaurin in that Thursday game or pivot to Doubs, Pickens, or London?

e: I could also just drop one of them and grab someone off the WW

McKenzie would be pretty drat tempting if he clears concussion protocol, I think.

asking this again since McLaurin plays tonight. 0.5 ppr

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I asked this in the regular thread but it's probably better suited for here

I need to snag a QB for Josh Allen's bye week. Geno, Jimmy, and Matt Ryan (the latter two because of matchups) seem to be the best options out there. Anyone lean any particular way? Standard scoring.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

2 RB 1 WR 1 flex, .5 ppr

RB: Hall, Fournette, Stevenson, J. Williams, Swift
WR: Pickens, Doubs, McLauren

Pickens and the first 3 rb are who I'm rolling with atm. Saw the Swift news and thought I should double check opinions even though I'm happy with it as is.

McLauren I'm a bit worried by the QB change + Packers D while the Steelers could just be forced to pass a lot and increase volume. No read on Doubs.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The Chase news hit me hard but I was able to snag Boyd at least. Need 2 WR, 0.5 PPR

Boyd @ Cle
McLaurin @ Ind
Pickens @ Phi
Doubs @ Buf

I could also Flex one of them in for Stevenson @ Jets as well but I don't really feel like that's an optimal play in any capacity.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Thanks, it feels so obvious but the more obvious a choice gets (sans studs) the more I start second guessing myself.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I have so much turmoil. I've just been grabbing anyone who looks decent from the wire and have overstuffed my roster I think lol. Need 2 WR, 2 RB, and a Flex in half ppr.

RB: Fournette, J Williams, Swift, Stevenson, Herbert, Allgeier
WR: Palmer, McLaurin, Boyd, Doubs

Currently rolling Fournette, Williams, Stevenson, Palmer, McLaurin

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Green Gloves posted:

Liking Boyd more instead of Palmer. More of proven commodity.

really glad I forgot to check for a reply to my question because starting Palmer over Boyd won me my matchup lol

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

With Stevenson on bye I suddenly need to find a flex and one of my options is playing tonight. e: half ppr

I guess technically it's 2 WR 2 RB 1 Flex but I'm ok with my choices for WR and RB. I'll list it all for posterity though

WR: McLaurin, Palmer, Pickens
RB: Fournette, J. Williams, Swift, Herbert, Allgeier, K. WIlliams*

*if activated

Bolded are my current starters. If weather is going to force teams to run the ball a ton I could see possible value in Allgeier over Swift since Swift is probably just a boom or bust option going forward for the rest of the season.

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Nov 10, 2022

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

IcePhoenix posted:

With Stevenson on bye I suddenly need to find a flex and one of my options is playing tonight. e: half ppr

I guess technically it's 2 WR 2 RB 1 Flex but I'm ok with my choices for WR and RB. I'll list it all for posterity though

WR: McLaurin, Palmer, Pickens
RB: Fournette, J. Williams, Swift, Herbert, Allgeier, K. WIlliams*

*if activated

Bolded are my current starters. If weather is going to force teams to run the ball a ton I could see possible value in Allgeier over Swift since Swift is probably just a boom or bust option going forward for the rest of the season.

just double checking on this one since kickoff is in a couple hours :v:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Zero_Grade posted:

I think Swift might be pretty limited, so I'd be inclined to start Allgeier even with Patterson back. At his worst I think his floor is higher than Swift's. Thursday night game could throw that out the window though, given their record.

Disclaimer: I own both Allgeier and DJ Moore, and am nowhere near brave enough to start them both.

Thanks, I made the swap. My head kept telling me no but my gut wanted to make the change and I feel like my gut is right more often than my head.

e: I've made a terrible mistake

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Nov 11, 2022

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Trying to figure out my flex, .5 ppr

Swift
Boyd
Palmer

Leaning Boyd or Palmer since, even though he's not been limited in practice, I still don't really trust Swift will get more than a dozen touches at best. Boyd is also an afternoon game which may give me more clarity on who's available for the Chargers I guess?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I've got a bit of a rough one this week. I need one flex from the following, half ppr:

Palmer @ AZ
Pickens @ Indy
Watson @ Philly
Fournette @ Cle
White @ Cle

If Chase is out I can slot one of those WRs in to that spot too, which adds another wrinkle.

Fournette and White are tough for me, I think if Fournette ends up out I have to play White, right? But if he plays I'm not sure I want to start either because I feel like Fournette won't even be close to full strength but he'll end up taking too many snaps from White for him to be a viable option.

I think with Williams out Palmer is the easy frontrunner for the three WRs, at least.

I'm trying to make a playoff push after some bad beats earlier in the year and I'm playing the first place team so every point counts at this point

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Trying to figure out my WR and Flex for this week. half ppr, 2 WR 1 Flex

WR:
Chase vs KC
McLaurin @ Giants
Watson @ Bears
Palmer @ Vegas
Pickens @ Falcons

RB:
R. White vs Saints
Swift vs Jags
Fournette vs Saints

Currently sitting at Chase, McLaurin, and White. If Fournette is good to go I'm not sure if I should play either of them, but it's MNF so I have to commit before I really know for sure unless they rule Fournette out before games start on Sunday. If Chase is out I probably slot Watson in (and I'm wondering if I should just slot him in regardless to try and ride the hot hand), but Chase is a 3 PM game and Watson is noon. Palmer is a 3:25 game so I can hold him for Chase, but if Williams is back he's probably a garbo play. Pickens is sort of an afterthought in all this even though he's been pretty consistent since week 4 and I should probably give him way more consideration than I have been.

I'm not happy about this :v:

e: I just noticed that Fournette isn't even on the injury report anymore so I'm pretty sure I'm gonna go 3 WRs unless I decide to take a shot on Swift getting enough touches and maybe another TD

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Dec 3, 2022

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Quiet Feet posted:

I think I'd stick with that. Maybe doublecheck if Antonio Gibson is out because that could mean extra touches for Brian Robinson and I do wonder if Najee might be a little limited.

Chase obviously. McLaurin probably. Then either Watson or Palmer. I think I'd lean Palmer slightly just because Aaron Jones and AJ Dillon could see a lot of work on the ground against the Bears.

If Williams is back for the chargers does that change your thoughts?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Yahoo was still saying he might play so good to know!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

.5 PPR, bye weeks hit me a bit hard so my second WR is a bit shaky this week

Pickens vs Baltimore
Palmer vs Miami

I also wasn't planning to ask about RB but with Fournette possibly out this becomes a bit of a decision

J WIlliams vs Minnesota
Swift vs Minnesota
Stevenson @ Arizona

White @ SF

I almost want to say it's just between Stevenson and White because I'm afraid of picking the wrong back in the Lions Hydra (plus the vikings run d isn't good).

I should probably just stick with Stevenson because he's been incredibly consistent but I'm playing the first place team this week and I probably need to win out to make the playoffs so I'm really considering the boom or bust side of things and wonder if White's ceiling is higher.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Quiet Feet posted:

Those are all scary options. I almost think I'd go Chark just for the possibility he hauls in a long TD but I wouldn't feel good about it.

Anyway, need to stream a QB this week. Options I'm considering are

Purdy @SEA (Thu)
&e Dalton v.ATL
Ryan @MIN
Tanny-hills @LAC

Mac Jones put up 382 yards on the Vikings

Mike White put up 369 yards on the Vikings

Why is this a question

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Docjowles posted:

None of the other dudes is really any more appealing, though :v:

Yeah that's why it's such a slam dunk to me lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

With there apparently being some fun weather based shenanigans possible I'm now wondering if I should start Fields over Allen this week.

Someone talk me down from or push me off this ledge