Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Won a couple of those spread picks that had the wrong payout numbers. Would have made my funbucks losses only unfortunate instead of shameful

Relentlessboredomm posted:

who's riding on this MNF broncos game like me? Wilson better crush them

ohhh a lot of us. good luck fellow gamblers

I am!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Relentlessboredomm posted:

who's riding on this MNF broncos game like me? Wilson better crush them

ohhh a lot of us. good luck fellow gamblers

Let's ride! (I'm in regular and reverse)

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
Yeah baby!!!

:eyepop:

Love parlays! If I were ever going to become a real gambler, that's all I would play.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
A tie and I'm already out? gently caress! lol

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
This is the first time a majority of people failed in week 1 of regular eliminator since 2005. And frankly it's not a surprise given the lack of "known awful team vs known good team" options.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
If Denver wins we will have a 48% kill rate, if they lose, then it's 62%

2005 week one was a 56% kill rate (which I should add to the op)

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

"Identity Crisis" Murderer Wild Guess #333:Prince "Lady Killer Charming "Well, I AM the Adversa"

Well, that was a nice 5 year run of not going out in the first week. I'm not sure I've had a worse Eliminator betting day - wrong on both regular and reverse, 7-8 on pickem, and on a 6-way parlay every single pick was wrong.

gently caress it, I've never done it before, but I put in picks for the spread eliminators on tonight's games in the hopes that I have at least 1 streak going next week.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

After some serious consideration, I have decided spread pick-em is the one true game.

During the 3PM games I thought my choices were all going to be bloodbaths. Not great going out on week 1 for eliminator, but if the Broncos beat the spread I'll hit on a parlay!

Mayveena posted:

Yeah baby!!!

:eyepop:

Love parlays! If I were ever going to become a real gambler, that's all I would play.

Me picking parlays with fake money before the games every week: haha, this is so simple, all of these are going to hit and I would be an idiot not to do this irl

Me reviewing my bets after the games: thank christ I get zero thrill from actual gambling, because I would be destitute

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Rip a bunch of people.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

It's worth it. Cya next year.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Welp

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
66% of players knocked out in Week 1 lol

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
first time I played in 3 years, gently caress

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

lmao

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

I'm still in reverse eliminator!

:emo:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I didn't do anything with my funbucks so earlier today I was like eh gently caress it, put 'em all on Broncos moneyline just to grab a few extra bucks.

.... so I'm still in eliminator and dead in everything else.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Taerkar posted:

I'm still in reverse eliminator!

:emo:

Saaaaaaame

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

always pick the baltimore ravens to win. the good news is that if you didn't pick them this time, you can do it next time. easy win against the miami dolphins. that's right. they play the entire afc east all in a row because the schedule makers don't try at all any more

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

i'm alive in spread eliminator because i picked the seahawks, lol. literally the exact opposite of how i expected eliminator my picks to go.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Blowjob Overtime posted:

if the Broncos beat the spread I'll hit on a parlay!

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Me picking parlays with fake money before the games every week: haha, this is so simple, all of these are going to hit and I would be an idiot not to do this irl

Me reviewing my bets after the games: thank christ I get zero thrill from actual gambling, because I would be destitute

:hmmyes:

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Funbucks are very important to me. They confirm that I should never bet actual money.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Opposite Jets is now 1-0

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Taerkar posted:

Funbucks are very important to me. They confirm that I should never bet actual money.

:same:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'm tied for the lead in Reverse Pickem, obviously the best and most challenging of all the eliminator games. I can really pick losers (and tie-ers, who count as losers I guess lol).

Also more people should play reverse spread pickem. There's like nine of us, what are you all doing that is sooo important with your time that you can't click on which team of each matchup will fail to beat the spread? It's easy, just go click click click and you're done.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Just imagine it is the same score as my spread pickem but I picked the other side. Saved myself 1 minute a week in no time flat.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Yeah doing normal and reverse for both pick 'em and spread pick 'em would either be the same results twice or me hedging bets.

Also, new funbucks strategy because I only ever do parlays: $100 parlay on a perfect week in spread pick 'em. It was my last-ditch effort to find a fifth parlay, but might do that and the same for moneyline/pick 'em going forward.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Looking over my picks and for spread chat from a person who does not wager actual money on anything because he'd be even broker than he already is:

It's interesting that the 49ers are giving 9 points to the Seahawks. Also Packers giving 10 to the Bears and I guess sorta Rams giving 10 to the Falcons. Betting money seems to be going hard toward theoretical sanity and what we all thought before the season at this point. And I'd imagine at least as far as wins goes it's probably going to be right, just kinda surprised me looking at double digit spreads and the 9ers expected to win by two scores.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

I wasn't feeling the 9 points to the 49'ers, given that the 49'ers weren't impressive last week so yeah I took the Seahawks in my parley.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
well I forgot to choose the early games in pick em but by my count I would've went 2-5 anyways so no great loss I guess

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
pick the broncos in week 1, that failed so I thought id do reverse eliminator and picked the cowboys.

welp

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

*flips table and storms out*

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
Week 2, and already I'm doing terribly. Good job me

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

gently caress the Seahawks.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

looks like 20 people bet on Cleveland and 20 people bet on Cincinnati in Eliminator so that's 40 misses thanks to Ohio teams

that's as many as four tens

and that's terrible

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

WampaLord posted:

that's as many as four tens

and that's terrible

Actual lol, didn't see this coming

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

everyone picked cleveland because i keep talking to posters in their sleep saying cleveland has a top 5 roster. and they picked the bengals because i said the c incinnati bengals. it was all leading up to this

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
I'm relieved to have to survived to week 3 but looking over next week I am terrified. I think Chiefs are the only real safe option and I used them already :ohdear:

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
still alive in spread eliminator. it's the only eliminator I've got left

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Having not even made it past week 2 I have decided to just guess wildly for the rest of the season.

Watch my highly improbable strong finish