Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dot communist
Mar 28, 2005

Chinatown posted:

its amazing how they keep getting money from idiots playing that ancient game in tyool 2022

Anyone who plays videogames is a tyool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

You could already be playing a good game like Elden Ring op

:cawg:

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

You could already be playing a good game like Elden Ring op

it's junk op

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

your junk op

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

Dial A For Awesome posted:

OP has been downloading the game since 2015. Aim is to begin playing in June 2026.
Hey, good to have long term goals like that- just cleared the epic games launcher, now installing DirectX for the thousandth time, maybe the Rockstar Games launcher will be cleared in this decade

The Islamic Shock fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Sep 7, 2022

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

Extra row of tits posted:

You don’t own poo poo.

You purchased a licence to use the software.
I am very annoyed by how right you are

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Maybe you should “get gud” op

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
You're gonna have to go through the horrible pro-log snow mission before you go online with your "mates" and you can't skip it by dying three times in a row.

It's so long and so bad and I will never do it again.

GTAV is worse and more egregious than skyrim. It has no business being alive asides from the fact that it still makes tons of money.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

kntfkr posted:

It has no business being alive asides from the fact that it still makes tons of money.

I believe you have identified the reason it is still alive and in fact why Rockstar have not shown any inkling to work on a sequel

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I'll have you know I strongly considered speedrunning GTA: San Andreas before loving right off of that

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

i haven't played it, i just have it on good authority. xbox stays winning (no games on game pass however)

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
Is GTA5 the one where you play joe pesci.

I'm replaying the mass effect trilogy and in the third one everyone suddenly has stiff nipples

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Supreme Allah posted:

I'm replaying the mass effect trilogy and in the third one everyone suddenly has stiff nipples

Space is colder in the third one. The Reapers are causing massive climate change.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Peggy Edson posted:

I believe you have identified the reason it is still alive and in fact why Rockstar have not shown any inkling to work on a sequel

They've been inkling and tinkling recently actually, doing controlled leaks since July. 6 is going to be in Vice City.

If the NPC hassling mechanics of RDR2 are in it, I will be interested.

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

have you tried playing fromsoft games op

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

YeahTubaMike posted:

I'm kind of jealous. I have a Windows 10 computer, and Windows 10 is terrible, and Windows 11 broke my audio drivers. :smith:
It took me like three hours to figure out how to make Windows 10 stop eating all of my bandwidth on my laptop on automatic updates, including using the command line, gently caress that.

The game finally loaded and now I'm not sure what to do with it because it turns out even with Franklin's superpower I suck complete poo poo at driving

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

dear rockstar games where the gently caress is bully 2

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I got GTAV for free with my PS4 in 2014 op. I left it in the wrapper and traded it in at GameStop for $50 as was the style at the time.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
You should try the exciting remake of Warcraft 3!

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

tactlessbastard posted:

You should try the exciting remake of Warcraft 3!
I was one happy kid when Brood War came out.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

OP, please don't run a game with known security flaws on an OS that hasn't received security patches in years.

https://www.vgr.com/youtuber-reports-gta-online-security-flaw/

You're at risk even if you never start the online mode.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Dear Rockstar Games,

You've hosed with the wrong gamer

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

That loving Sned posted:

OP, please don't run a game with known security flaws on an OS that hasn't received security patches in years.

https://www.vgr.com/youtuber-reports-gta-online-security-flaw/

You're at risk even if you never start the online mode.

Did you actually read the article? The "security risk" is that other players can kick you from the game. It doesn't open the rest of your system up to attacks.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
I for one expected better from the same company that holds its business meetings in strip clubs and crunches all of its workers

Goddamn Hippy
Jan 18, 2006
Now that its downloaded you can make a steam backup so you dont have to buy good internet access

corn haver
Mar 28, 2020

Supreme Allah posted:

Is GTA5 the one where you play joe pesci.

That's Nvidia NippleWorks tech.

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost
tbh, the new Saint's Row reboot is kinda fun, so far. Lots of over the top action scenes, and the combat is pretty decent on the PC. Couldn't get my controller to link, so driving with KB/M kinda blows, but otherwise..

I mean its not a Rockstar game, but eh. close enough.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Saints Row 2 is godly

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

The first Saints Row I ever played was IV and I went into it knowing nothing other than "GTA clone". I was also really blazed. It was really confusing and fun.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Its fun lol

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Gta5 i mean

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

Grand Theft Auto V [56k NO!!]

mods please change thet title

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Jesus Christ you are going to be disappointed with your wasting of time here, that game sucks

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Taint's Row

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Take your posting rig to Starbucks and download it there

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
online sucks so much. its a great work simulator though

mudskipp
Jan 1, 2018

stop making sense
I don't feel comfortable posting around people with low quality internet connections

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

The Xbox version of Modern Warfare (the most recent one, not CoD4) is 160 gigs. I genuinely have no idea how they managed it, and as far as I know they never released a breakdown of what's taking up so much space.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Blue Footed Booby posted:

The Xbox version of Modern Warfare (the most recent one, not CoD4) is 160 gigs. I genuinely have no idea how they managed it, and as far as I know they never released a breakdown of what's taking up so much space.

Uncompressed/very lightly compressed 4K textures so it can hit 60fps and duplicated files to speed up load times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leper Go-getter
Nov 7, 2010
So the games will load faster. Instant precognitive load times. AI self learning when you close your eyes, take a deep breath, push away your soul's yearning for fullfilment and breathe out it's allready 7 minutes into the 15 minute perpetual hardware scan to optimize your experience.