Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anton Chigurh
Mar 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

some kinda jackal posted:

I'm so annoyed that I can't wear in-ear sealing buds because of my hosed up ear canal shape making everything painful. Really wish the non-silicone-tip airpods would get some love :\

obviously wouldn't be able to noise cancel etc.

I hear ya, friendo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anton Chigurh
Mar 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Don't see any evidence that this is an in-person Apple Event with actual non-Apple humans in attendance at the Steve Jobs' Altar of Worship Theater, or whatever they call it.

Is the new rumored iPhone satellite connectivity announcement going to be announced live onstage, or have we been duped by the rumors yet again?

Anton Chigurh
Mar 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Kirios posted:

Told ya - it's going to be the most mediocre generation of iPhone ever. Wait until the 15.

Like you, I expect the 15 will the be the Jesus Phone I'm after, and will have satellite access and they'll kill that goddamned Notch once and for all.

PBUA

Anton Chigurh
Mar 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Riven posted:

Ars Technica is liveblogging it and the people live at the theater are literally just watching this video lol.

Thank you, I didn't have Ars Tech cranked up for this, and I'd wondered if that was the case.

Anton Chigurh
Mar 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Possible eventual U.S. military contract to provide cheaper satellite iPhones to their overseas soldiers than what they currently now have?

Maybe, though the blowback from their employees would be substantial, as would the press attention to it.

Anton Chigurh
Mar 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

SlowBloke posted:

Whatever provider they are using for the satellites, their current phones are likely more expensive. If they add to their catalog it will sell gangbusters.

Sorry, I don't follow. The provider Apple is using for sat connectivity, or the U.S. military? The current phones who has, Apple or the military?

I've read what you wrote about 14 times and I only got more confused each time (my fault, not yours), but you have me very curious here...

Anton Chigurh
Mar 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

SeANMcBAY posted:

Always on always seems like the most wasteful feature I’ve ever seen for these devices.

Not if the tilt doesn't work to turn on the face. I like being able to glance at my watch/phone to see the time, messages on it, whatever, without touching the thing.

Sometimes the old ways are better...

Anton Chigurh
Mar 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Kirios posted:

My wife hates it when I go in ProRAW.

nerox posted:

Is it during extreme watersports with your apple watch ultra?

:lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anton Chigurh
Mar 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

some kinda jackal posted:

the catch is that I have to remember to do that

and I never do, when I'm missing whatever the hell is happening in front of me :(

You can train for remembering to do it with the Apple Watch Ultra, I have faith in you!