Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Dagen H posted:

Try to count the rings

oh poo poo.

That's awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Really hard to get a Ferrari version of a Honda Prelude that doesn't just look like a Ferrari designed 5 years later. Also difficult to get something that isn't wandering too far into first gen Toyota MR2 territory

Here's an actual 1985 Ferrari 412i

Hadlock fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Jun 13, 2023

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

They look like Fiero kit cars.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

slidebite posted:

They look like Fiero kit cars.

Still, would.

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

An Australian burnout competition for capybaras
Stolen from FB. Sorry it's only partially AI

And my favourite

blindjoe
Jan 10, 2001
whoa that snail capybara is fast

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Just saw this in the GBS thread

VectorSigma posted:

the interplanetary rally championship

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Those are concept cars from the 80s and 90s and French cars the US never got. :colbert:

AI is creating an alternate history in my brain.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Is this supposed to be a Citroen Ami pickup :monocle:

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer

Peugeot 106 with the rear of a Toyota Starlet?

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Those are all amazing! Did you have to do a lot of cull/editing to get them?

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Hadlock posted:

Is this supposed to be a Citroen Ami pickup :monocle:

It's the new version of MidJourney, 5.2, and it's me just throwing in old prompts and pictures and things. Specifically, that one's prompt is:
"In this stunning 1965 Kodachrome studio photograph, a rare never before seen Citroen pickup truck prototype as designed by General Motors takes center stage, with a wild neon color digital dazzle camo paint design by Chris Foss showcasing its unique blend of European elegance and American muscle car prowess --ar 4:3 --style raw"

which is a modification of output from Chat GPT because you can feed it the rules of how MidJourney works and it will go "OK" and spit out a big rear end long list of prompt for you to toss in. I'm sure most of it doesn't do much, but anything in your prompt does something.

Nidhg00670000 posted:

Peugeot 106 with the rear of a Toyota Starlet?
Prompt was this, on account of it being leftovers from before I just slapped in with all the caveats I said above:
"1988 ektachrome photograph showcasing a unique, one - of - a - kind Japanese compact hot hatch from 1988 designed by Giorgetto Giugiaro with a wild neon color digital dazzle camo paint design by Chris Foss, modified by a renowned Brazilian design studio to cater to the Brazilian market. The vehicle retains its original clean and efficient design principles while incorporating vibrant Brazilian elements, creating a fascinating fusion of aesthetics that stands out in the automotive world. The photo captures the hatchback in Rio de Janeiro, highlighting the seamless blending of Japanese practicality and Brazilian flair. The exterior modifications could include custom paint jobs featuring bright colors and bold patterns, as well as additional bodywork inspired by Brazilian cultural motifs. The interior might showcase a mix of traditional Japanese minimalism with Brazilian craftsmanship and materials, emphasizing comfort and utility --ar 4:3 --style raw"

Jonny Nox posted:

Those are all amazing! Did you have to do a lot of cull/editing to get them?

Nope, just raw output from MidJourney, I haven't touched these in any editing software. They are cherry picked and tweaked a bit in MidJourney itself and messing with weights and text prompts. With a little touching though they could be made perfect, but like always things like the wheels and wipers can generally give it away that it's an AI image but it is getting very difficult, and if you are looking at it on a smartphone, mostly impossible unless you look.

The outputs are all like this:
, rarely, very rarely, you'll get actual garbage. Most of the time you just get something that needs a few more runs through, subtle variations (of which there is a button now).

It also has a zoom out feature so you can do this:
First output:

Zoomed out a bit:

I attempted to do a Ferrari-designed Honda Prelude, prompt for this is:
"portra 800 photo circa 1988, Designed by Ferrari Honda Prelude, --ar 4:3 --style raw"

More Ferrari why not:

KakerMix fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Jun 25, 2023

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Second or third example from the end is pretty neat, converts a ranger looking thing into a Silverado thing

edit:

Requirements
- Linux and Windows are supported, but we recommend Linux for performance and compatibility reasons.
- 1–8 high-end NVIDIA GPUs with at least 12 GB of memory.

Hadlock fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Jun 26, 2023

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Dang, MidJourney is getting pretty good. Definitely improved in wheel detail and matching.
I love those retro-future trucks.

Hadlock posted:

Second or third example from the end is pretty neat, converts a ranger looking thing into a Silverado thing

edit:

Requirements
- Linux and Windows are supported, but we recommend Linux for performance and compatibility reasons.
- 1–8 high-end NVIDIA GPUs with at least 12 GB of memory.

Holy crap. That's neat.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

"Jesus building my hot rod"

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

I would attend this church.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

I love how the AI tries to do generic "engine parts"

A few things that I can kinda almost recognize, but still not quite right, and then it goes off the rails and throws in like an oscar.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Why is there a rim in the passenger compartment?

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

I'm not even sure of the orientations in that last one. Car seems to be left-right, but what part is he working on, then? Like, the engine or whatever is inside the passenger compartment?

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Mustache Ride posted:

Why is there a rim in the passenger compartment?

That's the auxiliary supercharger, dum dum :doh:

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
Things that would be on my folders and trapper keeper

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Oh, yeah, those are definite Trapper Keeper material. Mostly vehicles drawn by artist who know "car" but either aren't really familiar with particular models, or are avoiding copyright/trademark.

KakerMix posted:

Things that would be on my folders and trapper keeper

These two, especially the blue and pink one, remind me of a particular artist I follow whose name I can't dredge up right now.

quote:

That one is actually recognizable as an actual model!

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Darchangel posted:

These two, especially the blue and pink one, remind me of a particular artist I follow whose name I can't dredge up right now.

Akira is what I see

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

This guy is who I'm thinking of:
https://www.deviantart.com/fernand0fc

Bit more cartoony, but:

edit: related to the previous post:

Tetsuo's bike

Darchangel fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Jul 19, 2023

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Hadlock posted:

"Jesus building my hot rod"

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Never tried embedding an Instagram thing, probably won't work

Edit nope

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CtthmQGAWQX/

It sort of scrolls through all the GMC vehicles over the years, as generated by AI, probably

Or maybe this will work. I don't really do Instagram not sure how sharing there works. I guess they've done several. I feel like an old man struggling to do an email attachment

https://www.instagram.com/hossdesignusa/reels/

Hadlock fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Jul 21, 2023

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Love how the AI tends to make the hoodscoop off-center.
And WTF that bird in the Mustang one...

Jesus about merging with the Cougar-ish thing, there.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Hadlock posted:

Never tried embedding an Instagram thing, probably won't work

Edit nope

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CtthmQGAWQX/

It sort of scrolls through all the GMC vehicles over the years, as generated by AI, probably

Or maybe this will work. I don't really do Instagram not sure how sharing there works. I guess they've done several. I feel like an old man struggling to do an email attachment

https://www.instagram.com/hossdesignusa/reels/

The '70s into the '90s ones end up really Jeep J-series looking.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Not mine but I really like the style, mostly putting this here to bookmark later; using stable diffusion XL (they just released a new model that's more composition-aware)

quote:

acek Yerka Studio Ghibli paint 3d effect fantasy an old bicolor car with cats, watercolor and ink, Art Deco by Annigoni, Egon Schiele, Milo Manara, Botticelli, Catrin Welz-Stein, Jean Metzinger, Klimt, perfect eyes, perfect handsface, highly detailed, complementary colors, hyper detailed. Watercolor and ink splatter, dynamic pose, dark blue background

Seed
Guidance Scale
Sampler
k_euler_ancestral

edit: there's all sorts of gold in here: https://playgroundai.com/search?q=citroen+traction+avant+cv11+parked+in+ancient+lush+palace%2C+gothic+and+baroque stumbled across this looking for a trailer hitch for my car of all things

"a Victorian era of the Batmobile"

quote:

a Victorian era of the Batmobile, barroque motifs, insanely detailed, uhd, perfect composition, beautiful detailed intricate insanely detailed octane render trending on artstation, 8 k artistic photography, photorealistic concept art, soft natural volumetric cinematic perfect light, chiaroscuro, award - winning photograph, masterpiece, oil on canvas, raphael, caravaggio, greg rutkowski, beeple, beksinski, giger

Hadlock fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Aug 2, 2023

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
You know what else SD XL is much better at? Engines!

Of course they don't really make sense but they look like cool poo poo to me all the same.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
Cool stuff.

But add cats eyes to the list of stuff it still hasn't figured out. :v:

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

clipdrop has a really good stable diffusion XL renderer with a free tier, with options like aspect ratio, negative prompts and easy style button thing. Free tier has ~400 images per day which is I guess 100 prompts (4 results each) and takes about 30 seconds

https://clipdrop.co/stable-diffusion

Also seems to be able to generate picture-perfect, proportional Porsche 356 and Citroen DS

Here is a "neon punk" style pushbutton "citroen cyber 2cv"

"if citroen designed a cyber porsche 356 in 1963" digital art; you can see the DS rear windshield/trunkline influence but 356 is weighted very heavily

the same prompt but "neon punk"

meh, "if frank lloyd wright designed a cyber porsche 959 in 1923" meh

"if andy warhol designed a vintage grand prix race car, 1927 era, campbells soup can livery, race track, Suzuka Circuit, pre war era, open wheel racer" cinematic style

"vintage grand prix race car, 1927 era, race track, Suzuka Circuit, pre war era, open wheel racer, "campbells soup can" red and white livery, Halftone"

Kind of amazing how quickly i've become underwhelmed with this technology

edit: setting it to "no style" helped a lot

more edit: turning off the style helped a lot, frank lloyd wright 959

Hadlock fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Aug 2, 2023

Captain Kosmos
Mar 28, 2010

think of it like the "Who's Who" of genitals

Chrysler Town & Country in the pages of manuscript

Town & Country as seen in the pages of Voynich manuscript

Difficult opponent even for the silverfish-tailed four-legged rocket bird

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

This one is my new favorite

Joe Mama
May 10, 2008
Gotta do a Town and Country: Eldritch Horror Edition

Captain Kosmos
Mar 28, 2010

Joe Mama posted:

Gotta do a Town and Country: Eldritch Horror Edition

Tried to do Chrysler minivan ramming into Cthulhu sinking it, but midjourney just didn't get it. It was just a minivan driving in R'lyeh or on the beach with tentacles on the roof.

Iä! Iä! Chrysler fhtagn! Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Chrysler Wallmart wgah'nagl fhtagn

edit: Midjourney decided to take a breather and then made bunch of new pictures. Most of them were poo poo.

Iä! Iä! Chrysler Town & Country!
In shadows deep, a Chrysler creeps, a Town and Country's song,
A minivan of cosmic dread, where ancient horrors throng.

Eldritch eyes, headlights blaze, through dimensions it weaves,
Madness hums within its heart, where sanity bereaves.

Three zones of icy breath it exhales, an AC cursed with chill,
Power sliding doors like gates of old, to realms beyond the hill.

Leather throne for twisted forms, a maze of shifting fear,
In spectral seats, abominations whisper tales unclear.

Beware the call, the cosmic sprawl, this minivan's embrace,
A Lovecraftian nightmare ride, in madness, find your place
Iä! Iä!

Captain Kosmos fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Aug 15, 2023

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Captain Kosmos posted:

Iä! Iä! Chrysler Town & Country!
In shadows deep, a Chrysler creeps, a Town and Country's song,
A minivan of cosmic dread, where ancient horrors throng.

Eldritch eyes, headlights blaze, through dimensions it weaves,

AI art god: give me Cthulhu town and country

Nah but heres a cameo of slenderman walking past it :ocelot:

Captain Kosmos
Mar 28, 2010

Hadlock posted:

AI art god: give me Cthulhu town and country

Nah but heres a cameo of slenderman walking past it :ocelot:

Thought people would love the slenderman. For some reason, midjourney is really bad with Cthulhu+Town and Country. Tried to make a picture of an extremely proud Cthulhu showing his Town and country and this is the closest that I got.

It's either someone cosplaying "Cthulhu", Cthulhu mobile, or a minivan with tentacles on the roof.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Kosmos
Mar 28, 2010

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn! Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu Town&Country wgah'nagl fhtagn!