Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
It's a little known fact among goons that our history goes well beyond the website. Ever since man had figured out how to milk a cow, goons have persisted throughout time. Did they serve Hitler like the Minions did? I will not be answering that, but here are some notable goons that I found!

Hennig Brandt needs no introductions. With the support of his second wife's money, this incredible goon managed to boil down 1,500 gallons of fermented goon piss into 120 grams of what we now know today as phosphorous. His attempts to turn the glowing pee oil into gold were unfortunately not as successful. Bitcoin would be invented several billion years later using the same process.

(not actually Ea-nasir, this is a rock)

Another well known goon, Ea-nasir, is spoken fondly of by goons during crystal-charging meetups. Widely considered to be one of the earliest "troll" goons (before the advent of trade and civilization, trolling was usually synonymous with murder), Ea-nasir made his career selling copper during the Bronze age. When a trader's servant would ask Ea-nasir "Did you suck the tin out of this bronze?", he would probably respond by doing something obscene, like goaste-ing them. Ea-nasir would collect these very heavy rock complaints in his home, essentially a form of empty-quoting himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Build me a robot that crams pickles in your rear end

Also this guy

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Sep 10, 2022

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I am Shamash-resh-ușur, the governor of Suhu and the land of Mari. Bees that collect honey, which none of my ancestors had ever seen or brought into the land of Suhu, I brought down from the mountain of the men of Habha, and made them settle in the orchards of the town 'Gabbari-built-it'. They collect honey and wax, and I know how to melt the honey and wax – and the gardeners know too. Whoever comes in the future, may he ask the old men of the town, (who will say) thus: "They are the buildings of Shamash-resh-ușur, the governor of Suhu, who introduced honey bees into the land of Suhu.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
King George the 4th almost counts as a super goonlord if it wasn't for his bizarre success with the ladies:

https://www.factinate.com/people/king-george-iv-facts/

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Hollismason posted:

Build me a robot that crams pickles in your rear end

Also this guy

thats derpies

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
The internet's rudest badboi (me, nooner)

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Nooner posted:

The internet's rudest badboi (me, nooner)

You said it, Nooner! :classiclol:

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Putty posted:

It's a little known fact among goons that our history goes well beyond the website. Ever since man had figured out how to milk a cow, goons have persisted throughout time. Did they serve Hitler like the Minions did? I will not be answering that, but here are some notable goons that I found!

Hennig Brandt needs no introductions. With the support of his second wife's money, this incredible goon managed to boil down 1,500 gallons of fermented goon piss into 120 grams of what we now know today as phosphorous. His attempts to turn the glowing pee oil into gold were unfortunately not as successful. Bitcoin would be invented several billion years later using the same process.

(not actually Ea-nasir, this is a rock)

Another well known goon, Ea-nasir, is spoken fondly of by goons during crystal-charging meetups. Widely considered to be one of the earliest "troll" goons (before the advent of trade and civilization, trolling was usually synonymous with murder), Ea-nasir made his career selling copper during the Bronze age. When a trader's servant would ask Ea-nasir "Did you suck the tin out of this bronze?", he would probably respond by doing something obscene, like goaste-ing them. Ea-nasir would collect these very heavy rock complaints in his home, essentially a form of empty-quoting himself.

shut up putty

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Ea-Nasir and the Pompeii tuggin guy were definitely goons and also William Howard Taft (because he was fat)

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Chinatown posted:

thats derpies

Perma'd by a volcano.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

Perma'd by a volcano.

good way to go

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

caligula was a fyad

corn haver
Mar 28, 2020
William Howard Taft briefly modded D&D in 2006-2007 until the bathtub pics emerged

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

bossy lady posted:

caligula was a fyad

tried to gently caress his sister, analogy checks out

Bodhidharma
Jul 2, 2011

"virgin no more! virgin no more!" i continue to insist as i slowly shrink and transform into a corn cob
Claudius and Nero were both goons in their own way

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

you have been visited by the Tasty Garlic Bread. you will be blessed by having good Garlic Bread in your life time, but only if you comment "ty garlic bread" in the thread below
The Donner Party survivor that was found eating an infant and then later bragged about it throughout his life.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Chemical Ali was a coupons mod up until just last year.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

I CAN'T TELL IF MY MONITOR IS ON, OR OFF!

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Chief McHeath posted:

I CAN'T TELL IF MY MONITOR IS ON, OR OFF!

I am fairly sure that Charles of Spain does not have an account

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Diogenes

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Tarrare

Couldn't stop eating and was always hungry. He regularly ate gross poo poo and capitalized on the negative attention. When the French Revolution began, he became a soldier and was always sick from eating poo poo you're not supposed to, like stray cats (:(), on top of a lifetime of consuming garbage. Field hospitals begrudgingly fed him quadruple rations, because it was impossible for him not to be a burden.

A general had an idea to make him useful and proposed he be a spy since he could and would eat anything. Using his stomach as a courier, they fed him a wood box with a message for an imprisoned French colonel. Tarrare crossed into Prussia and about a day later he was caught. He betrayed the French almost instantly and had the poo poo kicked out of him, after which he was then dumped back near French lines.

When he made his was back to the military hospital, he started relaxing like anyone would. By drinking blood and nibblin' on bits of dead people in the morgue. Oh, and he may have eaten a baby. When he didn't outright deny this when challenged, he was chased out of the hospital.

When he finally died, his autopsy revealed his body was rancid and full of pus. His intestines were rotten, and his stomach started at the back of his throat. In goonly fashion, he smelled too horrible and the autopsy was cut short. :btroll:

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

le petomane

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Thomas de Mahy, executed during the french revolution. died giving the mods sass:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_de_Mahy,_Marquis_de_Favras posted:

Upon the reading of his death warrant, he supposedly remarked, "I see that you have made three spelling mistakes."

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
I've been told Benjamin Franklin was a noted goon until he got banned for being too horny, after which he started an offsite known as "the united states of america", which has heaped a lot of grief upon the world ever since.

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

Nikola Tesla, he constantly came up with ideas for cool poo poo but never implemented anything. Or if he did it was overwrought and doomed to failure.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
There's a nonzero chance that Lowtax will appear in a history book someday

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
The Nephilim are believed by most Biblical UFOlogists to be the ancestors of today’s goons.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Devils Affricate posted:

There's a nonzero chance that Lowtax will appear in a history book someday

He did get his rear end beat by future world leader Uwe Bowler.

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
uh, neil cicierega aka the only goon that actually made something of himself

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
oh wait the gimmick of the thread is notable goons in history so i nominate genesplicer

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
H. P. Lovecraft was first noticed by the writing world and given a chance to publish his stories solely because he sent a bunch of racist-rear end hot takes to a magazine and started a year-long flamewar in its "letters to the editor" section.

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
actually oscar wilde is a good one, dude could only write when he was hungover and it eventually destroyed him, just like so many of our beloved posters

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

the person who painted the venus and the sorcerer at chauvet cave was permabanned and got the cave closed due to excessive horny posting

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

napoleon bonaparte entered his short story clisson et eugénie into the 1795 thunderdome competition and lost, which made him so angry he decided to conquer europe

GundamHealer
Jul 23, 2022

The first VTuber thread poster

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Linux Pirate posted:

Tarrare

Couldn't stop eating and was always hungry. He regularly ate gross poo poo and capitalized on the negative attention. When the French Revolution began, he became a soldier and was always sick from eating poo poo you're not supposed to, like stray cats (:(), on top of a lifetime of consuming garbage. Field hospitals begrudgingly fed him quadruple rations, because it was impossible for him not to be a burden.

A general had an idea to make him useful and proposed he be a spy since he could and would eat anything. Using his stomach as a courier, they fed him a wood box with a message for an imprisoned French colonel. Tarrare crossed into Prussia and about a day later he was caught. He betrayed the French almost instantly and had the poo poo kicked out of him, after which he was then dumped back near French lines.

When he made his was back to the military hospital, he started relaxing like anyone would. By drinking blood and nibblin' on bits of dead people in the morgue. Oh, and he may have eaten a baby. When he didn't outright deny this when challenged, he was chased out of the hospital.

When he finally died, his autopsy revealed his body was rancid and full of pus. His intestines were rotten, and his stomach started at the back of his throat. In goonly fashion, he smelled too horrible and the autopsy was cut short. :btroll:

That guy kicked rear end

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.

There goes my hero

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

490 BCE - Pheidippides carries a printer 26.2 miles in order to impress a woman who already has a boyfriend.

1170 - King Henry II is forced to eat a fruit hat as penance after one of his knights fucks a flask before Thomas Becket is able to complete his King's Challenge.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

GundamHealer posted:

The first VTuber thread poster

is that who they based the Tom Cruise movie on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GundamHealer
Jul 23, 2022

Nah, I think it’s just some dude who got a vanity portrait made in China (and yes I realize the armor/sword is Japanese) like how people these days get fake old west portraits made.

That Tarrare story… holy poo poo that guy actually existed.