Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mudskipp
Jan 1, 2018

stop making sense
Did anyone stop posting when Robin Williams died?

Computer, get me a large list of famous people's deaths and last posts of goons, I'm going to do some greatly flawed analysis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tixKopGjn5s

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Wayne Gretzky’s balls

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Teddy Roosevelt WAS a goon, until he got into a fight in QCS.
Well, let's just say it was a bit of a ... Rough Ride.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009
I can't believe James Joyce hasn't been mentioned yet.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Apprentice Dick posted:

I can't believe James Joyce hasn't been mentioned yet.

Yeah that was my first thought.

Mr. Bung
Mar 24, 2005

Get out the pink press threat file
and Um-brrrptzzap the subject.
Diogenes. Top shitposter.

And a wanker.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Big Beef City posted:

Teddy Roosevelt WAS a goon, until he got into a fight in QCS.
Well, let's just say it was a bit of a ... Rough Ride.

"Stop, drop, shut 'em down, open up shop."
-President Theodore Roosevelt

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

I forgot Marcus Aurelius

XXXIV. How base and putrid, every common matter is! Water, dust, and from the mixture of these bones, and all that loathsome stuff that our bodies do consist of: so subject to be infected, and corrupted. And again those other things that are so much prized and admired, as marble stones, what are they, but as it were the kernels of the earth? gold and silver, what are they, but as the more gross faeces of the earth? Thy most royal apparel, for matter, it is but as it were the hair of a silly sheep, and for colour, the very blood of a shell-fish; of this nature are all other things. Thy life itself, is some such thing too; a mere exhalation of blood: and it also, apt to be changed into some other common thing.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
The first YOSPOS goon was Richard “friend of geniuses” Hamming, who worked at Los Alamos and did research at Bell Labs without ever being famous. His self-selected label is what we picked and speaks volumes to his uncoolness. When they made this earnest nerd double-check the math on “will the a-bomb destroy the World” he said

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

Analytic Engine posted:

The first YOSPOS goon was Richard “friend of geniuses” Hamming, who worked at Los Alamos and did research at Bell Labs without ever being famous. His self-selected label is what we picked and speaks volumes to his uncoolness. When they made this earnest nerd double-check the math on “will the a-bomb destroy the World” he said

:perfect:

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Speaking of Los Alamos, I always thought Oppenheimer had a touch of the goon. Most people were silent, a few laughed, some cried. I however was thinking about Hindu scriptures, you probably haven’t read them.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

Torquemada posted:

Speaking of Los Alamos, I always thought Oppenheimer had a touch of the goon. Most people were silent, a few laughed, some cried. I however was thinking about Hindu scriptures, you probably haven’t read them.

He knew his teacher sucked rear end a kid but his solution was unironically poisoning an apple and waiting for someone to bite

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Yaldabaoth posted:

King George the 4th almost counts as a super goonlord if it wasn't for his bizarre success with the ladies:

https://www.factinate.com/people/king-george-iv-facts/

Kings tend do well with the ladies, for some reason.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

William Marshal, historically regarded as the greatest knight of all time, got owned hard by his dad, goon style.

quote:

When King Stephen besieged Newbury Castle in 1152, according to William's biographer, he used the young William as a hostage to ensure that John kept his promise to surrender the castle. John, however, used the time allotted to reinforce the castle and to alert Matilda's forces. When Stephen ordered John to surrender immediately, threatening that William would be hanged, John replied that he should go ahead saying, "I still have the hammer and the anvil with which to forge still more and better sons!" Subsequently, a pretence was made to launch William from a pierrière (a type of trebuchet) towards the castle. Stephen could not bring himself to harm young William.[6]

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Yaldabaoth posted:

King George the 4th almost counts as a super goonlord if it wasn't for his bizarre success with the ladies:

https://www.factinate.com/people/king-george-iv-facts/

Fat Adonis is a good username tho

GundamHealer
Jul 23, 2022

Torquemada posted:

Seems more like the the Twitter guy that everyone found out worked for Lockheed

bigperm
Jul 10, 2001
some obscure reference
Atum, the Goon Creator
NSFW

https://hadithi.africa/the-ancient-egyptian-myth-where-the-god-atum-created-the-universe-by-masturbating-to-ejaculation/ posted:

Male masturbation was an even more important image in ancient Egypt: when performed by a god it could be considered a creative or magical act: the god Atum was believed to have created the universe by masturbating to ejaculation, in some other accounts, sneeze. Atum is one of the most important and frequently mentioned deities from earliest times, as evidenced by his prominence in the Pyramid Texts, where he is portrayed as both a creator and father to the king, he created his children—the first deities, out of loneliness.

LaserPrinter69
Sep 6, 2022

"I did a perfect print job, grown men were coming up to me and saying with tears in their eyes, 'Sir, it was a perfect print job.' What they're trying to do to your favorite printer (ME!) is a disgrace."
Joseph of Nazarith was definitely a goon. Cucked by god and literally the patron saint of virgins, and you celebrate his day by eating beans

LaserPrinter69 fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Sep 14, 2022

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

LaserPrinter69 posted:

Joseph of Nazarith was definitely a goon. Cucked by god and literally the patron saint of virgins, and you celebrate his day by eating beans

I'd say Job was even more cucked. God hosed him over in multiple ways only to have Job still be faithful. The kicker is that God did it all as some sort of bet. Though, Joseph was literally cucked.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

bigperm posted:

Atum, the Goon Creator
NSFW

Enlil is an OG goon too if that's the criteria

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Farouk I of Egypt, subject of the clandestine CIA operation Project: Fat Fucker

2nd Amendment
Jun 9, 2022

by Pragmatica
I'm gonna nominate Ramsses II. He lost the big war he was in while insisting he won then he hosed off and moved his home out of shame and then tinkered with model toys the rest of his life while taking credit for his dad's accomplishments.

corn haver
Mar 28, 2020

That DICK! posted:

Farouk I of Egypt, subject of the clandestine CIA operation Project: Fat Fucker

Farouk and his girlfriend after his deposition

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream
deadmau5

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

who guest-moderated GBS for a bit at Lowtax’s request. possibly the only downside of losing him is no one goon has that level of name recognition and public fame right now

LaserPrinter69
Sep 6, 2022

"I did a perfect print job, grown men were coming up to me and saying with tears in their eyes, 'Sir, it was a perfect print job.' What they're trying to do to your favorite printer (ME!) is a disgrace."
Howard Hughes.

wikipedia posted:

In 1958, Hughes told his aides that he wanted to screen some movies at a film studio near his home. He stayed in the studio's darkened screening room for more than four months, never leaving. He ate only chocolate bars and chicken and drank only milk, and was surrounded by dozens of boxes of Kleenex that he continuously stacked and re-arranged.[127] He wrote detailed memos to his aides giving them explicit instructions neither to look at him nor speak to him unless spoken to. Throughout this period, Hughes sat fixated in his chair, often naked, continuously watching movies. When he finally emerged in the summer of 1958, his hygiene was terrible. He had neither bathed nor cut his hair and nails for weeks.

wikipedia posted:

He also stored his urine in bottles.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
So he just invented a typical 2020's streaming binge a few decades early, what of it?

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
Big Ed

He shrinks from water and general hygiene

He enjoys cosplay

He's got a sweet-rear end gaming rig

Oh, and he fucks jars of mayonnaise

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

LaserPrinter69 posted:

Howard Hughes.

piss is stored in the bottles

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost
He's not a real person but Ignatius J. Reilly from A Confederacy of Dunces is the Proto-Goon.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

whoever carved this almost 2000 years ago

https://hyperallergic.com/738710/penis-graffiti-found-at-ancient-roman-site/

“secundinus, the shitter.”

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
mao like never showered so that should make him goony enough

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Mr. Bung posted:

Diogenes. Top shitposter.

And a wanker.

"Life is meaningless, leave me alone to sulk about it in my barrel"

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

mao like never showered so that should make him goony enough

His favorite meal was braised pork belly, essentially chunks of pork meat covered in a sugary sauce. That diet made him fat, but the state propaganda machine told the people that he needed the energy to power his very big intelligent brain.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

StoryTime posted:

His favorite meal was braised pork belly, essentially chunks of pork meat covered in a sugary sauce. That diet made him fat, but the state propaganda machine told the people that he needed the energy to power his very big intelligent brain.

Big Little-Dictator Energy

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Bogus Adventure posted:

Big Ed

He shrinks from water and general hygiene

He enjoys cosplay

He's got a sweet-rear end gaming rig

Oh, and he fucks jars of mayonnaise

How does one eliminate their neck?

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

Okay this guy definitely would have been a goon: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_McGonagall, also known as one of the worst poets in history.

Some highlights:

quote:

McGonagall realised if he were to succeed as a poet, he required a patron and wrote to Queen Victoria. He received a letter of rejection, written by a royal functionary, thanking him for his interest.  McGonagall took this as praise for his work. During a trip to Dunfermline in 1879, he was mocked by the Chief Templar at the International Organisation of Good Templars, of which McGonagall was a member, who told him his poetry was very bad. McGonagall told the man that "it was so very bad that Her Majesty had thanked McGonagall for what the Chief Templar had condemned."

quote:

He found lucrative work performing his poetry at a local circus. He read his poems while the crowd was permitted to pelt him with eggs, flour, herrings, potatoes and stale bread. For this, he received fifteen shillings a night. McGonagall seemed happy with this arrangement, but the events became so raucous that the city magistrates were forced to put a ban on them.[10]: vii-ix  McGonagall was outraged and wrote a poem in response entitled "Lines in Protest to the Dundee Magistrates":

Fellow citizens of Bonnie Dundee
Are ye aware how the magistrates have treated me?
Nay, do not stare or make a fuss
When I tell ye they have boycotted me from appearing in Royal Circus,
Which in my opinion is a great shame,
And a dishonour to the city's name (...)

Throughout his life McGonagall seemed oblivious to the general opinion of his poems, even when his audience were pelting him with eggs and vegetables. Author Norman Watson speculates in his biography of McGonagall that he may have been on the "autism-Asperger's spectrum".

quote:

Soon after, he received a letter purporting to be from representatives of King Thibaw Min of Burma. In it, he was informed that the King had knighted him as Topaz McGonagall, Grand Knight of the Holy Order of the White Elephant Burmah.[16] Despite the fact that this was a fairly transparent hoax,[10]: x  McGonagall would refer to himself as "Sir William Topaz McGonagall, Knight of the White Elephant, Burmah" in his advertising for the rest of his life.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

Haschel Cedricson posted:

Okay this guy definitely would have been a goon: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_McGonagall, also known as one of the worst poets in history.

Some highlights:

:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Flowers for QAnon posted:

How does one eliminate their neck?

You get hit on the head with a big Acme hammer by some wily coyote.