Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arkeus
Jul 21, 2013
Well I had fun reading this let's play (though as I already knew the story, I mostly read the player's thoughts/alchemy parts).

I was surprised that there seemed to be no specific effort to go for high quality items though? was it tried but given up on, or was it just considered not useful? iirc Equipment Quality is actually a pretty big deal for Sophie 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Arkeus posted:

Well I had fun reading this let's play (though as I already knew the story, I mostly read the player's thoughts/alchemy parts).

I was surprised that there seemed to be no specific effort to go for high quality items though? was it tried but given up on, or was it just considered not useful? iirc Equipment Quality is actually a pretty big deal for Sophie 2.

Glad you enjoyed!

At the midway point, I tried to go for the 999 quality loop, but gave up on it. The final weapons all ended up with very high quality by dint of filling out the grids and proccing Super Synthesis. As for items, you can tell late in the parts of the LP that I rewrote that I was able to make a >900 quality Twilight Prism; as it turns out, that did like 262k damage to Frenzied Elvira and was more than enough to delete her 250k HP.

As for Equipment Quality, I'm not sure just how it interacts with Equipment Cost. For the alchemists, they can use whatever they want anyway and I don't know how much it would have mattered for all the rest.

Arkeus
Jul 21, 2013

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

Glad you enjoyed!

At the midway point, I tried to go for the 999 quality loop, but gave up on it. The final weapons all ended up with very high quality by dint of filling out the grids and proccing Super Synthesis. As for items, you can tell late in the parts of the LP that I rewrote that I was able to make a >900 quality Twilight Prism; as it turns out, that did like 262k damage to Frenzied Elvira and was more than enough to delete her 250k HP.

As for Equipment Quality, I'm not sure just how it interacts with Equipment Cost. For the alchemists, they can use whatever they want anyway and I don't know how much it would have mattered for all the rest.

My understanding is Atelier Sophie 2 has a thing where Equipment Quality is a multiplier on base stats, hence why you see a lot of people having 200+ of that on legendary clips.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXejNeefr2E
maybe I misunderstand how it works though. After all most of the damage there is from bombs and those shouldn't be influenced so much by stats.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

Arkeus posted:

My understanding is Atelier Sophie 2 has a thing where Equipment Quality is a multiplier on base stats, hence why you see a lot of people having 200+ of that on legendary clips.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXejNeefr2E
maybe I misunderstand how it works though. After all most of the damage there is from bombs and those shouldn't be influenced so much by stats.

You are correct; it scales ATK, DEF and SPD. I could have done a lot better there for sure; I'm just lucky that my front line was just fast enough to get the jump on Elvira both times, and that when I actually had to take blows the team was able to take just enough of them for the Destructive Talismans to destroy her Aura and have Plachta finish her. I'm interested in what this person did though, since they clearly took another route to OHKO Elvira with a bomb.

and yeah I had to learn the hard way that in the final dungeon, skills just didn't have the DPS to take out stunned bosses in time and the opportunity cost to buff Ramizel and Olias and whomever to get to that point would probably have been too steep.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

https://lparchive.org/Atelier-Sophie-2/

thanks for the ride and peace out