Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scuba Trooper

whats the deal with airline food

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

Scuba Trooper posted:

airline feed is supplied in gigantic bags

there's an area of the airport where all the planes go to chow down between flights

ty nesamdoom!

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )

Scuba Trooper posted:

It's food you eat on a plane as you are traveling sonewhere, hth op

Thanks to Heather Papps for sweet sig, click for more hot lady action

sigs by luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Heather Papps

hello friend

it's bad op

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

baka of lathspell

nice thread title/actual post combo

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

Scuba Trooper

yeah but like

whats its deal

Manifisto

ty nesamdoom!

Drink-Mix Man

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

really no deal, the prices are static and there are generally no coupons, special offers, or discounts

GoutPatrol

*Stupid Babby*

You're telling me you're already out of Dr. Pepper, we haven't even reached cruising altitude yet

google THIS

Drink-Mix Man posted:

really no deal, the prices are static and there are generally no coupons, special offers, or discounts

This changes everything

cool biRd pics

you will feel ashamed of your words & deeds
airline food has to have exaggerated flavours because white noise affects how we perceive taste

it also makes crunchy things seem more crunchy

cool biRd pics

oh also because the air in the plane is v low humidity and low atmospheric pressure

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20150112-why-in-flight-food-tastes-weird

hth

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
i havent encountered airline food or air plane peanuts in ages, and i blame jerry seinfeld

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

Nosfereefer posted:

i havent encountered airline food or air plane peanuts in ages, and i blame jerry seinfeld

:jerry:

google THIS

Have we considered that airline food might have more than one deal

google THIS

Maybe airline food is playing both sides, maybe the airline food you know is all a lie

fps_nug

horsing around no longer
I like the ice in my drink

baka of lathspell

google THIS posted:

Have we considered that airline food might have more than one deal

this must be how neo felt when he took the red pill

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

Ass-penny

cool biRd pics posted:

airline food has to have exaggerated flavours because white noise affects how we perceive taste

it also makes crunchy things seem more crunchy

loling at your sig, cbp.

I've had some airline food that was alright, I've had some that was less good. most of the flights I've taken are p short, they usually just give me some flavorless cracker or something, and a short pour of my chosen coke product. also

fps_nug posted:

I like the ice in my drink

hth op

Heather Papps

hello friend

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

cool biRd pics

thnx

Scuba Trooper

i know this is the airline food thread but once on an international flight i watched the peter jackson king kong and i swear to god it was shorter than the theatrical cut

FutonForensic

i made airline food day in and day out for you ingrates. no more. scrabble over the overpriced Mike and Ikes you bought at the terminal like the dogs you are

cool biRd pics

i think the best airline meal i remember having was bibimbap on a flight into incheon

Scuba Trooper

airline food: you gotta eat it, you dont gotta lke it

Manifisto

airline food: what's that your majesty is the filet not to your liking. let me just throw it back on the flame for you, it'll be char-broiled to perfection in no time. meanwhile can I top off your côtes du rhône while the soufflés are baking. *plonks down tray of overcooked pasta, individually packaged bread, and a tiny salad*

ty nesamdoom!

Farmer Crack-Ass

this is me posting irl

Scuba Trooper posted:

yeah but like

whats its deal

the deal is that you pay the airline so much money for a plane ticket. the airline takes some of the money received for these tickets and pays a vendor to give them food. the vendor gives them food which is loaded onto the aircraft. the food is then served to you by the flight attendants.

Ass-penny

Scuba Trooper posted:

airline food: you gotta eat it, you dont gotta lke it

actually you can save it for later too if you like. they don't check your bags or pockets or anything when you land.

cool biRd pics

if its an international flight then they might not like you bringing the food through customs/biosecurity

always remember declare or dispose

baka of lathspell

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

the deal is that you pay the airline so much money for a plane ticket. the airline takes some of the money received for these tickets and pays a vendor to give them food. the vendor gives them food which is loaded onto the aircraft. the food is then served to you by the flight attendants.

this deal is getting worse all the time

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

nut

it doesn't even tast elike a plane

Farmer Crack-Ass

this is me posting irl

baka fwocka fwame posted:

this deal is getting worse all the time

i jknow it's really hosed up

Ass-penny

cool biRd pics posted:

if its an international flight then they might not like you bringing the food through customs/biosecurity

always remember declare or dispose

mmhmm, counterpoint, crimes are cool and borders are fake, so take anything you can get across with you. if you ate the food in the plane it is still in your digestive tract, but if you have the same cracker in your backpack it's illegal? sounds sus to me, as my younger coworkers would say.

cool biRd pics

counter-counterpoint: introducing pestilence and noxious introduced invasive species is not cool or respectful to your hosts

take only photographs, leave only footprints

Scuba Trooper

i suppose it really comes down to the deal, and what that deal is. 🤔

Generated Wizards

The deal is gently caress you pay us

You thought the hot food was mediocre, well now you get a soggy sandwich and a soft drink you might not hate if you're lucky

nut

trashbadger posted:

The deal is gently caress you pay us

You thought the hot food was mediocre, well now you get a soggy sandwich and a soft drink you might not hate if you're lucky

I could’ve just stayed on the ground and went to subway

Scuba Trooper

the only good airline food is the overpriced booze

Twenty Four

"No, don't bother checking it, this is my carry on..."

*Hoists 40 pound bag of peanuts over their shoulder and walks onto the plane*

"It will fit in the overhead compartment, it's under the TSA limit, just give me a minute" *Starts removing the shells one by one to make it fit*

"Oh really? But no one complained when that guy who had a 41 pound bag of Chex Mix over the weight limit came in? Wow..."

this is dumb sorry lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
After pondering all that could be construed
We should once and for all conclude,
What's left to discuss?
I don't get all the fuss!
What's up with airline food?