Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wernox
Mar 26, 2001

I gave up my OG title for this.

Sash! posted:

The incredibly important part is that Nebraska isn't in the same demographic canoe as Iowa, Wisconsin, Purdue, and Minnesota. Iowa is only about a third larger than Nebraska, but the others are like three times the size. Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Indiana all have cities with populations greater than all of Nebraska.

If you assume that a school is generally pulling from an radius of 300 miles away, the Big Ten looks like this:

Penn State: 70.5 million
Rutgers: 67 million
Maryland: 66.2 million
Purdue/Indiana: 54 million
Ohio State: 49.7 million
Northwestern: 48.1 million
Michigan/Michigan State: 47.5 million
Illinois: 45.8 million
Iowa: 36.5 million
Wisconsin: 36.1 million
Minnesota: 16.9 million
Nebraska: 11.3 million

Obviously this isn't foolproof, but even Oklahoma has 21.8 million people in that hypothetical recruiting zone. Nebraska just doesn't have the population to support the level of recruiting you need to drive the type of program they want to be.

Now I want to fire up ArcGIS and plot where schools actually recruit from.

I think you have to include Notre Dame in that list because they are a factor in recruiting for any kid in Indiana and Illinois. Eifert and Kmet were both Purdue legacies that went to ND and those are just the recent examples that piss me off the most.

EDIT:
https://twitter.com/LikeAHawkStar/status/1569049944157462528

wernox fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Sep 12, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wernox
Mar 26, 2001

My mentor lives in South Bend and says Ty's family had a game day house built that was just finished Friday.

wernox
Mar 26, 2001

LLCoolJD posted:

What dirt? :monocle:

https://twitter.com/HurrdatSports/status/1569725205886472193

Late to practice, delegated recruiting calls, frustrated assistants, "didn't do the things he was supposed to do"

wernox
Mar 26, 2001

Have y'all ever seen Frank Solich in person? He's a tiny man.