Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Marching Powder posted:

games are sick, and life is better with them in it. that said i took a break of nearly exactly ten years betwen january 2007 and december 2016 during which i did not play a video game

this massive freakout i credit partially to working in qa and partially to world of warcraft. i worked for ea during the prisoner of azkaban game, which was sick, and catwoman. as a white police officer held halle berry in a full nelson while two other white cops punched her in an alley, i decided i was moving overseas.

i then worked qa at creative assembly on medieval 2 total war and i hated it.

then i started playing wow. a week after the expansion was released i watched my epics become worthless in 2 levels, found out how many hours i'd been playing, and figured out that i had spent an average of 6 hours every single day logged on.

when i look back on it now it was like a trauma response the way i aggressively avoided video games. lol catwoman and wow gave me actual psychic damage. anyway the game i chose to catch me up in 2016 was witcher 3, and it was among the most fun i've had in my life.

i don't know how prisoner of azkaban holds up today, but if you ever play it in the future, think about the fact that i have north of 1500 hours played and haven't blown my loving head off yet lol

Marching Powder posted:

my team leader approved my ticket that it was a bad look and they called me into the office and yelled at me lol

Marching Powder posted:

[lead game dev with two middle managers flanking him] the bug reporting tool is not for you to voice your political concerns about goomba welfare. you have wasted a lot of people's time with that poo poo. do your job.

[me, stoned] yeah sick

Marching Powder posted:

i've deployed and worked at ea and if i could erase one experience from my life it would be ea and i'm not joking lol

Marching Powder posted:

anyone who believes in psychokenesis, raise my ha-

SO, YOU LIKE SUIKODEN?!

Marching Powder posted:

atj least in tcc they can't talk about dealing or getting drugs in the mmo subforum they're trading builds and scripts and mathematically calculating how to waste their life to their maximum capacity and it's cool smh

Marching Powder posted:

i was addicted to trying to get 25/40 people to follow a really basic pattern, failing repeatedly, and saving up all my dkp to buy things i wouldn't use because a paladin i didn't like really wanted it and i'd just disenchant it and send him a letter in game about what items i got. admitting to meth would be less embarrassing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

what if you had fun with your friends instead of taking ambien and confessing your soul to the imp zone op

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Medieval Total War 2 pwns. Die :blastu:

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Plutonis posted:

hell yeah, I want them to make a third one

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Marching Powder posted:

games are sick, and life is better with them in it. that said i took a break of nearly exactly ten years betwen january 2007 and december 2016 during which i did not play a video game

this massive freakout i credit partially to working in qa and partially to world of warcraft. i worked for ea during the prisoner of azkaban game, which was sick, and catwoman. as a white police officer held halle berry in a full nelson while two other white cops punched her in an alley, i decided i was moving overseas.

i then worked qa at creative assembly on medieval 2 total war and i hated it.

then i started playing wow. a week after the expansion was released i watched my epics become worthless in 2 levels, found out how many hours i'd been playing, and figured out that i had spent an average of 6 hours every single day logged on.

when i look back on it now it was like a trauma response the way i aggressively avoided video games. lol catwoman and wow gave me actual psychic damage. anyway the game i chose to catch me up in 2016 was witcher 3, and it was among the most fun i've had in my life.

i don't know how prisoner of azkaban holds up today, but if you ever play it in the future, think about the fact that i have north of 1500 hours played and haven't blown my loving head off yet lol

Think about deez nuts.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

lmfao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Marching Powder posted:

sick review you should put it on steam if you haven't already so people know

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

symbolic posted:

this guy sent me a very not-mad PM over being probed for posting with Gamesbrain

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Plutonis posted:

it was bugged to the point of absurdity at launch so maybe they should have QAed it more

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
TLD was right about FTL, frankly.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Arrhythmia posted:

*Motownphilly voice* Boyz II Men, FTL, TLD

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Arrhythmia posted:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

op i'm sorry you got your organs harvested by ea or whaever. or that's cool i guess. i didnt read poo poo. sayonara!

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

... wtf

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
like an oil slick for the eyes

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Arrhythmia posted:

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

Larry Parrish posted:

it's a crime Kurt Vonnegut didn't get to make any games. imagine him writing metal gear solid lol

Instead of mei ling giving Chinese proverbs on the codec she lists the length and circumference of solid snake, hal, et al. dick like in breakfast of champions

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
welcome back, op. be sure to check out Stardew Valley

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

OP. I don’t like when people post like narcs about playing video games in the video game forum. And I have a gun.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

After witnessing a goomba being curbstomped I raised an inquiry. Shortly after I was called into Wade's office and promptly let go from Newgrounds LLC.

lol

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

symbolic posted:

12 seconds into my past, I open my fingers. The photograph is falling, I am watching the stars. It's 2006. I am loathing QA on Medieval II: Total War. It's 2004. I am holding Halle Barry in a full nelson. It's December 2016. I have learned to love again through the Witcher 3.

"I was in a computer game. Funny as hell, it was the most horrible thing I could think of."

BadFilmBestFilm
Jun 2, 2021
Marching Powder bailed. I made like Chow Yun Fat.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

BadFilmBestFilm posted:

No idea what this means but I agree.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

BadFilmBestFilm posted:

lmfao at the entire thread but especially this

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wormskull posted:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Marching Powder bailed, I made like Chow Yun Fat
Dog food stalls with the beefcake pantyhose

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

I wonder what Ol' Big Ears thinks about all this

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

FactsAreUseless posted:

Lol

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

BadFilmBestFilm posted:

*starts doing the cabbage patch* aw yea, here we go.

BadFilmBestFilm
Jun 2, 2021

Wormskull posted:

Wormskull had a bomb ticking in his head. No amount of painkillers would disable it.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

FactsAreUseless posted:

lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

FactsAreUseless posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I’m a loser baby, wow hosed up my brain lol

BadFilmBestFilm
Jun 2, 2021

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

"I was in a computer game. Funny as hell, it was the most horrible thing I could think of."

LeithCentral
Mar 1, 2005

As far as I can run, brother.

symbolic posted:

12 seconds into my past, I open my fingers. The photograph is falling, I am watching the stars. It's 2006. I am loathing QA on Medieval II: Total War. It's 2004. I am holding Halle Barry in a full nelson. It's December 2016. I have learned to love again through the Witcher 3.

lmao

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I’m a loser baby, wow hosed up my brain lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Doctor: Is Marching Powder here? May I speak to him?

Patient: Marching Powder bailed. I made like Chow Yun Fat.