Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
When I tripped and got hurt, something came out
A valentines day one-shot

The Emotionless girl and the emotion devouring alien
An alien underestimates the power of [spoiler]Dad jokes[/url]

Gal and Cube
An illustrated guide for solving a Rubik's cube.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Black, the Story of Monster Syndrome

The backstory is there are monsters and there is a giant robot that kills them. The protagonist is a young man who wants to pilot that robot. He's rejected but becomes a factory worker manufacturing weapons for the giant robot.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Hypocrisy posted:

Black, the Story of Monster Syndrome

The backstory is there are monsters and there is a giant robot that kills them. The protagonist is a young man who wants to pilot that robot. He's rejected but becomes a factory worker manufacturing weapons for the giant robot.

Huh. That ending's even bleaker than it looks, isn't it?

The protagonist dies thinking he's moving things towards a better world, but from the way the company runs, it seems likely that HOPE knows about Monster Syndrome and is encouraging it to ensure they'll always have an enemy to point at.

Ironically, HERO was more of a threat than he ever could be as a monster. Even if no-one ever did anything about his complaints (and from how the pilot poo poo-talked him, it seems that at least a few people higher up were lightly sweating), just knowing they're not alone would help other workers keep going. And that isn't the goal.

The factory's main product isn't the laser parts. It's monsters.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Well thats the HOPE mech's head hes holding, so hes kind of "won", at the cost of becoming a crow kaiju.

and re: HOPE knowing, you could also read it as they dont know or dont care to know, what are externalities, who cares, get back to work peon, dont you know a monster is coming.
I prefer the more banal reading that it isnt a conspiracy.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Jun 17, 2023

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I guess they have no concept of air traffic control because that plane should never have been near that site

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
The Same Tree from Thirteen Years Ago

quote:

A man returns to his home town, waiting for a girl he was once sweet on. He's approached by a woman his age...

Maria's Curse
A young girl must kill her childhood friend in order to re-seal a powerful demon. He agrees to take one for the team comedy ensues.

The Boy Who Collects the Stars
A biologist has a bizarre encounter in the swedish mountains.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
https://mangadex.org/title/ae04846f-d73e-4394-875b-e17a7dc6068f/shouni-ryouri

I take it that Aka is a fan of Nobody Knows?