Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LeafHouse
Apr 22, 2008

That's what you get for not hailing to the chimp!

It looks gross now but it wouldn't be so bad if you pave a drive-thru, throw on a fresh coat of white paint and a "Donut Rationale" mural on the side. Maybe some stools at a counter looking out the window. Seems like a lot of work to slave away making donuts and likely lose a small fortune due to the myriad reasons previously mentioned ad nauseum only to fall on deaf ears even though you made this thread for people to advise you, but hey whatever you want to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeafHouse
Apr 22, 2008

Lookin good. That one on the top right is perfect

LeafHouse
Apr 22, 2008

Rationale posted:

Then we looked at how many people we could possibly serve in a given day and concluded that if our average ticket was only $3 we couldn’t make money with an all-day rush.

What number of maximum people served per hour did you come up with? The OP says 800 coffees and 800 donuts between 6 and 10. Is that still what you’re using as a baseline conservative sales estimate?

LeafHouse
Apr 22, 2008

Rationale posted:

I think like 6000 people live within a ten minute drive

Hopefully they’re as famished as they are impoverished.

LeafHouse
Apr 22, 2008

Epitope posted:

There's no business aspect to challenge yet. The best business plan in the world isn't gonna help if it relies on a building, and the building is unusable. I would ask for monthly interior shots, but I'm not sure that needs your internet authority

A business plan doesn’t include startup costs and timeline for converting the building into something usable and acquiring the other assets needed to operate?

LeafHouse
Apr 22, 2008

Merry Christmas, Rationale. Thanks for a very entertaining thread. I hope your donut dreams come true and you can lord it over us all.

LeafHouse
Apr 22, 2008

Oh good, the town can’t sustain a single donut shop. You should definitely spend $100k+ on equipment and massive renovations to a derelict shanty in the middle of nowhere so that you can take a crack at it. After all, you have no experience or plan outside of making donuts from expensive ingredients to serve a town with an average household income of $40k.

What could go wrong?

LeafHouse
Apr 22, 2008

Rationale posted:

I haven’t spoken to anyone local who said they wouldn’t come through every day.

Sorry to break it to you, but no one you spoke to will come by weekly much less every day.

A $5 daily donut and coffee habit represents over 5% of the average households income in your area. Granted, it is the Midwest, so it’s not inconceivable that someone would spend 5% of their pay on donuts.

LeafHouse fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Apr 8, 2023

LeafHouse
Apr 22, 2008

Rationale posted:

Real life people are like “oh my god that’s awesome when will it open do you think?”

Yeah dude, everyone says that and I’m sure they mean it earnestly but the reality is they’ll go a couple times when you open and maybe once a month after that. This happens with pretty much every small business. Who wouldn’t be excited and positive about locally sourced artisan donuts?

How does the location of the shop that closed compare to yours?

LeafHouse
Apr 22, 2008

Rationale posted:

Well apparently if I talk to them they’ll try to trick me into going ahead with my plans

Seems like they might be the only ones that won’t. Besides everyone here, of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeafHouse
Apr 22, 2008

I’m starting to think this Donut thing isn’t going to happen.