Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

I think you've identified a decent opportunity, and you're background gives you an advantage when it comes to startup costs.

My only concern is your revenue and profit projects are probably way off.

I haven't been involved in the restaurant industry in over 20 years, but when I was a hourly manager at a restaurant net profit at the restaurant level of 17 to 23% was a pretty decent week, but any sort of unexpected maintenance could make the week red.

The only other red flag to me is your expectation on how fast things are going to go. You're not going to be pumping out 200 espresso based drinks an hour. Most customers can't even provide payment in 30 seconds or so. Things will be much slower than you anticipate. Have you ever watched someone try to order a dozen mixed donuts? There's a lot of hemming and hawing. It slows things down.

If I were in your shoes I would be skipping the espresso drinks completely when I first opened. Bottled Milks, OJ, and canned energy drinks, and then hot coffee and cold brew. A selection of flavored syrups and a few milk options and that should keep you plenty busy. Espresso machines are expensive and temperamental. Once you get established think about adding espresso based drinks to the menu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Rationale posted:

Does anyone want to haul some of this poo poo for me? My truck driver is on probation and he can’t leave the state lol.

Just have them get a travel slip from their PO.