Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Seriously, why?? Everything costs more there. Is it just an issue of access? If so, that's sad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Have you seen the pharmacist?

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

When opening the first CVS, founder Jonathan Chance Von Siversluken chose retail space that was much bigger than was actually needed so he filled the excess with groceries. He was a right bastard to work for and refused to ever admit that he did anything wrong and so to this day CVS stores sell groceries even though it's pointless and even though Jonathan CVS died in that molasses flood that nearly destroyed Boston.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
I go there when I just need to buy vodka and something to mix it with and it's at a time when I know the other stores will be crowded

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
I GO TO THE CVS WHEN I NEED A BOX FAN AND THE INGREDIENTS FOR A WHITE WINE/SUNKIST ORANGE SPRITZER.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Oh, sorry. Capslock.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Literally A Person posted:

Oh, sorry. Capslock.

all good buddy. happens to the best of us :cheers:

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

anyway i googled "CVS" op and after doing very little research on this apparent chain of pharmacy (???), i have no further information for you at this time

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

HCotC, you are in a cheersy mood this evening. Good day??

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
I pronounce that Hicotic

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

HCotC, you are in a cheersy mood this evening. Good day??

thank you for noticing, yes i am feeling in high spirits currently

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

thank you for noticing, yes i am feeling in high spirits currently

Hell yeah, my goon! :cheers:

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

It has never happened to me and I'm the best of you all. SO THERE! Now you may think that's capslock usage but in reality I just hold shift.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
CVS sells cereal and who needs cereal that bad is what I'm wondering

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
because they get off on it, obviously.

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!
I do the entirety of my grocery shopping at Rite Aid thank you very much

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
sometimes they'll have a sale on either nuts or cereal. the sales are never that great but sometimes it's cheaper to get a few boxes of kellogs or general mills breakfast cereals at CVS than it is at shoprite.

it's also one of those retailers where you have to use coupons and if you're not you're being hosed (like bed bath and beyond or Michaels) i can't be bothered and just don't shop there but my wife knows how to approach it

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

I GO TO THE CVS WHEN I NEED A BOX FAN AND THE INGREDIENTS FOR A WHITE WINE/SUNKIST ORANGE SPRITZER.

You're having laugh, but this kind of situation is more common than you think

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

My wife used to exclusively shop at CVS for groceries in her 20s. She also managed to spill wine on her wall and covered it up with a lamp. Some people got dem weird brains.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

would this be like shopping at walgreens? i don't.

I went to the pharmacy to fill prescriptions and now that my actual grocery store does it, i don't ever go to the pharmacy.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
there was this really pretty girl working at walgreens once

2nd Amendment
Jun 9, 2022

by Pragmatica
It's a feature not a bug. Sometimes you run out of cash but you still need some booze. So, you buy a pint of whatever you are drinking plus something nice for your partner at home. To make the math add up, you buy some groceries and supplements and poo poo. Everybody knows that is expensive!

So, it ends up being $60 for groceries (that should cost $30), $15 for a bottle of Korbel to share and $7.99 for a pint of Gordon's for a total of $90 after tax. The big bill is believable and even with no receipt all items are accounted for in a "that's about right" kinda way.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

kntfkr posted:

sometimes they'll have a sale on either nuts or cereal. the sales are never that great but sometimes it's cheaper to get a few boxes of kellogs or general mills breakfast cereals at CVS than it is at shoprite.

I literally was opening this thread to post “sometimes pharmacy/grocery stores have unreasonably good sales on nuts for reasons I do not quite understand” and I’m somewhat relieved other people have experienced this too.

I literally just snagged some good name brand pistachios from Walgreens the other day for 4.50/lb. Sell by date is fine and everything it’s just a good sale for who knows what reason.

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

Sometimes I need to get 15+ boxes of maxipads and I'm scared to end up on the People of Walmart reddit carrying all that poo poo so I go to CVS

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

I support my local bodegas for slightly overpriced groceries. At least you get to pet the cat

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea
About 10 years ago I used to swing by CVS daily after work for 24 hours worth of groceries and a double size Woodbridge and it's honestly making me feel sick remembering how gross my life was.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

CVS/Walgreens/Rite Aid, etc. They all seem like horrible places to do your grocery shopping. But apparently they're fine if you play the coupon game?

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
Dunno OP personally I do all my shopping at Subversion

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

anyway i googled "CVS" op and after doing very little research on this apparent chain of pharmacy (???), i have no further information for you at this time
Sounds a lot like Shoppers to me.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

CVS used to run a deal for 2 for $5 Dak hams quite often. Always good to have a bunch on hand for hurricane season.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

numberoneposter posted:

Sounds a lot like Shoppers to me.

yep, it appears to basically be an other country shoppers

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

kntfkr posted:

there was this really pretty girl working at walgreens once

gently caress yeah! You guys hump? :mario:

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Is CVS doing the thing walgreens was doing in Tennessee when i visited last where they actually put a legit grocery section in? It's like a mini kroger inside the walgreens. I don't know if it's more expensive

PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

I LIKE PETA AND THINK THAT SCIENCE IS EVIL
It's a quarter of an isle of groceries. Perfect if you just want cereal, pickles, sardines, Campbell's cream of mushroom soup, macaroni and cheese, and hot sauce.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

PureEvil6_13 posted:

It's a quarter of an isle of groceries. Perfect if you just want cereal, pickles, sardines, Campbell's cream of mushroom soup, macaroni and cheese, and hot sauce.

Breakfast, lunch, and dinner all in one aisle.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

CVS/Walgreens/Rite Aid, etc. They all seem like horrible places to do your grocery shopping. But apparently they're fine if you play the coupon game?

If I understand this, they're all basically pharmacies that also have a sizable selection of groceries. Is that right?

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Seriously, why?? Everything costs more there. Is it just an issue of access? If so, that's sad.

And their selection sucks.

My guess is because they are sick and they only have the energy to go one place until the medication they picked up at the pharmacy starts working. Or they don't have a car and it's in walking distance and they need toilet paper goddamnit.

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009

Bored posted:

And their selection sucks.

My guess is because they are sick and they only have the energy to go one place until the medication they picked up at the pharmacy starts working. Or they don't have a car and it's in walking distance and they need toilet paper goddamnit.

this. i assume its always people filling a script, then realizing they need something to wash it down, and 7 dollars for a 2 liter isn't that outrageous

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

When I was living in the DC area there was a CVS about two blocks away (right next to the Metro station). So if I was hungry and wanted a snack I could either walk there or I would have to get in my car and drive to the nearest grocery store. I ended up getting most of my snacks and beer there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khorne
May 1, 2002
The most confusing part about this thread is people claiming CVS sells alcohol. I've never seen one of those in my life, but I do have 3 CVS locations within 15 minute walking distance from my home.