Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug
laziness

the best reason to do a lot of things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

JediTalentAgent posted:

I went shopping in a Walmart a few night ago and noticed that the price difference between store brands and name brand is much more pronounced than it was just a few months ago, to the point that if you're going with name brand the drug store prices are pretty competitive.

I understand rising prices and inflation, but I was just more shocked by the sudden difference of brand/generic.

I was in wegman's and like two three months ago, the difference between 2l bottle of store brand green tea & the actual ito-en green tea was $2 and now it's about 20 cents.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Kirk Vikernes posted:

I always chose a printed receipt at CVS. I haven’t bought toilet paper for over a decade.

I think I owe it to this thread to make a multi-day food purchase at CVS and then wipe my rear end with the receipt. With pictures??

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I'm a Walgreens man though because at least they fuckin still sell smokes

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I think I owe it to this thread to make a multi-day food purchase at CVS and then wipe my rear end with the receipt. With pictures??

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

i'd continue to poo poo post about it

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

mod challenege incoming

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

vaginite posted:

Sometimes I need to get 15+ boxes of maxipads and I'm scared to end up on the People of Walmart reddit carrying all that poo poo so I go to CVS

Why not just hire someone from Instacart to do it for you, it costs like $9 including tip

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

i frequently need 15+ boxes of mac and cheese but no one gives me an out from public shaming

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Wendigee posted:

have they heard of phone apps?
They have those too and everything has different discounts.

DamnCanadian
Jan 3, 2005

Perpetuating the stereotype since 1978.

Cyks posted:

CVS is where I do all of my Christmas Day gift shopping for my parents on the way to see them.

They also have Arizona Tea cans for 99 cents which is nice.

That’s the usual price in most places. Anybody selling for more than .99 is ripping you off.

dot communist
Mar 28, 2005

Maybe because they're no longer allowed to shop at the Kroger's on account of it's supposedly "against the rules" to fill your pockets with ham even though they never saw ANY sign saying you can't do that and the deli counter person has been on break FOR TWENTY MINUTES and I mean come on they even WEIGHED it first :colbert:

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
I was out with a lady and offered to make her breakfast but needed eggs so we stopped there and a dozen eggs was like eight bucks.

A ripoff but worth it under the circumstances.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Khorne posted:

They have those too and everything has different discounts.

That's insane why

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009

GigaPeon posted:

I was out with a lady and offered to make her breakfast but needed eggs so we stopped there and a dozen eggs was like eight bucks.

A ripoff but worth it under the circumstances.

sustained

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I mean it's basically a gas/convenience store that has more selection... Maybe some butter and cheese and eggs, but otherwise it's like going to QUIK trip.. but it takes as long to get in and out of as Walmart. Maybe I just have to many choices around me.

Everytime I'm in there to get something the supermarket is out of, there's a line buying random poo poo and I have to wait in checkout like 7 minutes

There's only ever one employee max on the checkout. Everyone hides when the busy and I don't blame them.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

This. My question is who is buying the rest of that shelf of eggs exactly? Do they just throw them away?

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009

Wendigee posted:

This. My question is who is buying the rest of that shelf of eggs exactly? Do they just throw them away?

it's like the thing with all those mattress stores being a front or something. gently caress i wish art bell was still on the air right now

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

RIP

there are so many matress stores in the same quarter mile like what the gently caress

Womblemania
Sep 4, 2022

by Hand Knit
Sometimes you can find a real old 4 loko from when they were "High octane"

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

mod challenege incoming

I'll post a picture of my cart or basket of me at a pharmacy buying food, I'll post my feet-long receipt, I'll post a picture of the receipt by an empty toilet, but that's as far as I'll go!

I really don't want to do this though because it would cost so drat much money!

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

In one urban neighborhood I lived in 6 years ago, my across the street corner store always had a fun selection of products. I remember that they usually had Great Value brand milk, which was odd, because that's a Walmart brand, and it's only sold at Walmart. But there it was, for sale in the fridge at the corner store.

They still sold their mysteriously-sourced milk for cheaper than the pharmacy down the street.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Cuality Value Service

Womblemania
Sep 4, 2022

by Hand Knit

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Cuality Value Service

you can also use the long receipts to bind wounds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

kntfkr posted:

I was in wegman's and like two three months ago, the difference between 2l bottle of store brand green tea & the actual ito-en green tea was $2 and now it's about 20 cents.

This might be more a Walmart thing, though. I think Walmart has been really, really expanding their store brand lines to overlap with anything made by anyone else, so I don't know if WM is looking to actively compete with their suppliers at some point. I could say that Walmart could probably drop about 1/2 their name brand products in a year and stock the Walmart version of Kirkland and consumers would likely not even miss a beat.

That would probably require Walmart to be able to pivot their Sam's Choice/Great Value stuff into having the Kirkland brand popularity, though, and I don't think that's there yet.