Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

New Dead Space went from "looks like a coat of paint, I'll wait to get a cheap copy" to "Maybe I should get it at launch".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Kazzah posted:

Oh man someone in the Dead Space remake must have loved Prey. The whole thing where the ship levels actually fit together and you could go outside and you end up knowing your way around, that ruled.

That rules. It gives the Ishimura a more complex feeling than a series of levels connected by a train (loading screen). Prey was a delight of level design.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Escobarbarian posted:

Finally someone else with the correct opinion on that drat horse

Horses are stupid as hell

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

I'd liked to be hyped for GoW but I'm not paying £60 for one game so it'll have to wait a bit.

I only justified that with Elden Ring because going in early means less spoilers. Otherwise I never pay full price because most games get cheaper quick (cept Nintendo games).

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Escobarbarian posted:

I’ll at least wait until reviews eventually come out. I’m hardly champing at the bit to play a PS2 game

But enough talking about ME Andromeda

Hey fridge

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

i'll be your guinea pig, thread

As long as you enjoy it, is all fine mate

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

fridge corn posted:

Lol I was all ready to reply to this post even before clicking the spoiler text :twisted:

:buddy:

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Sammus posted:

I agree. Also, the idea that Activision’s IPs are actually worth 60+ billion dollars is insane to me. I like Call of Doody. But if someone else makes a decent, modernish shooter with popular multiplayer, I’ll play it. It’s not like gamers have any history of brand loyalty.

That reminds me of the MW2 PC boycott, people will still play CoD overbthe destined to die new shooter even if its miles better. Titanfall 2 :argh:

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

And they keep selling millions of copies of their games

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

If Xbox sold better isn't because of the AB deal or game pasa purely. It's more likely because it's easier to find and the user that doesn't look for exclusives had an easier time to get, at least a Series S (super easy since launch) of just look a bit for a Series X compared to the PS5 (both models).

Game pass may have gotten some traction but players and parents having units at shops ready to pick up is the bigger one.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

veni veni veni posted:

I know you are just doing this to trigger me and it's not working scrub.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IftmTwzgYks

Holy poo poo the memories. That video was a hit on the MW2 thread back in the days :haw:

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Veeg became a hardcore twitch streamer and all it took was beating Bloodborne and LadyVG shouting him to heal.

What a time to be alive :buddy:

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Vikar Jerome posted:

sick. Wonder if they'll cancel it again like last time around witcher 2 time lol.

Gotta keep this poo poo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPTS4TF1ygU

(Lol @ anyone who played witcher 1 in top down mode lol)

Isometric mode was the better way to play The Witcher 1 considering the gameplay.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Witcher 1 was poopoo

Turn your monitor on

(Witcher 1 was clunky as hell but was good, come on QoP)

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Vikar Jerome posted:

It is just nioh 2

Harry lollmao potter is the collection lol imagine adding that to your library lmfao

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1585292732964040704?t=HJCqYZxgY6eNWCHgBl9WEQ&s=19

Lego games are overall fun to play, I don't see the problem. I will add them to my library.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

It's gonna be hard for me to not get it on launch, same for Dead Space remake and RE4make.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

what's a jojo siwa. is that anime?

Definately a reference to it

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Mad because Bad… a tale (or in this case, “fale”) as old as time.

Maybe this would be more your tempo OP?:

:supaburn:

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

https://twitter.com/manfightdragon/status/1590493058654965760?t=dg7RLry77GNXW7yJPY7ZnQ&s=19

Pleased to see this as I'll get it on PS4 hopefully om Christmas

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Yep, GOTY and on my top 5 of all time.

1. Bloodborne
2. Unreal/UT99
3. Doom 2
4. The Witcher 3
5. Elden Ring

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I put something like 110h on The Witcher 3 on PS4 and I'm so going to replay it on XboxSS at 60fps when I finish working today.

I'm trying to beat Call of Cthulhu (kinda slow and clunky) before the end of the year and then work out some of my backlog.

Oh and Sony was so cool to give Mass Effect Legendary edition on PS+ after I bought the physical release for 24€ during last Black Friday :q:

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

https://twitter.com/HardDriveMag/status/1603480074522705922?t=plwkzn2-QEtKGv7H9jEbIw&s=19

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Vikar Jerome posted:

Yeah but its not gonna work on the alreadly existing digital consoles

Is there any verified source for all of this?

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

haveblue posted:

:same:

I’ve used the disc drive maybe twice since I got it. Almost all my PS4 games are digital and I don’t have a lot of movies on disc either.

I have a lot of physical PS4 games (around 98) and a lot of them digital via PS+ or sales. Still won't buy a PS5 digital considering my insane backlog of physical games from PS4. At the other hand, my Series S that plays 95% of my Xbox360 library. And those that I have physical but not digital (or backwards compatible) are just some wrestling and football games. Or Dead or Alive Xtreme 2 :q:

I love having a big collection of physical PS4 games that, I want to use in the future on a PS5. That and having a DVD/blu-ray player for whatever reason.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I have like 2 CEX stores (for used games mostly), 3 GAME and two Mediamarkt ones at a 10min drive (or barely 15min bus ride) around me. Not counting on Amazon lockers and Ebay. Getting physical games is most of the time easier and cheaper than digital. I do have a huge digital library but I won't give the disc drive easily anytime soon, and my plan on having both a Series X and PS5 for the 9th generation is still on.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

History Comes Inside! posted:

Pretty sure CEX exists solely as a money laundering front

May be, but I've bought a big pile of used PS3 and Xbox360 games there at a pretty decent price. And at least, at the shop I use to go, you can even get gamepads with warranty so I'm not going to complain if they trade human parts to aliens to make drugs :haw:

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

History Comes Inside! posted:

I haven’t been in a CEX for some time and the last one I was in absolutely reeked of stale BO despite being mostly empty so my opinion may be outdated.

Management may vary. The ones I tend to visit are quite good (clean and that stuff).

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

The Perfect Element posted:

Afaik it's the only way up to the altus plateau or wherever its called. Or at least the only way signposted to me thus far.

It's a common question but, did you level vigor? It's super important and around level 50 you should have 30 or so vigor. Alternative is to level up a few more and come back stronger or just go for the lift and skip that fight.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

JBP posted:

loving hell. Ghost Recon Breakpoint is a surprisingly good game absolutely buried under ubi nightmare bullshit that makes it nigh unplayable. Why are they like this lol

Breakpoint got so much love after its lovely launch. Cool events, world modifiers along with complete gameplay personalization. You can go from full milsim survival game where you need to craft bandages to stop bleeding, cook food and get water to stay alive, to an arcadey romp or anything in between. Full control and UI customization (you can rebind pretty much anything on the controller)... and yet, they killed it needing online to start playing. Wildlands, outdated and imo worse gameplay-wise, doesn't need online at all, making it future proof while Breakpoint will die if they shut down the login server.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

About Watch Dogs 2: I've been wondering about it but, is it worth getting the gold for the DLC or not?

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

https://twitter.com/YakFan/status/1606174498360655872?t=-xzepKEZPWGmpzW48lh-eA&s=19

:3:

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

It may be just me, but I do like the design and it looks like that had much better cooling than the PS4/slim/Pro.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Morpheus posted:

*seeing the end credits roll*

Ah okay Kojimas doing that again, gonna start any moment now.

Credits roll, you're on the theater and suddenly a controller appears from under the seat. You press start and it doesn't.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I didn't follow the posts, is that from Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth? The one that launched a few days ago for about 20 bucks? Never played one of these, is it good for a 1st timer?

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Ya. I made a few posts about it very recently, just thumb back through my thread history

Ooooh thanks! Fine gifs, dare I say loving great gifs even if I make someone grumpy :q:

(I'll put Valkyrie Profile on my wishlist)

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Happy New Year!
https://twitter.com/tomqe/status/1609202757499592706?t=HkN0iWXF9Msh1eUqAaKAcw&s=19

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

https://twitter.com/DylanLikesPie/status/1610444254291132418?t=b_fXB39RA-CwP4XwsCC3pQ&s=19

Jesus

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

BisterdDave posted:

Coming in from the pros at wololo.net

Watch out or you'll end converted

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I kinda wanted more an Uncharted show but I'll give TLOU's one a chance. I hope it doesn't end being as bad as Netflix's Resident Evil.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Fix posted:

Joke's on you, I have kept my rear end crack dry as an Arizonan home owner's association.

"I keep my rear end crack dry as Ben Shapiro's wife"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

veni veni veni posted:

Glad some keyboard warrior sitting safely in his moms basement in the US/UK could chime in on the nuance of developing a game in Russia in 2023. Thank you for your input.

Reminder that there are a lot of SA posters that aren't even native english speakers and come from almost every corner of this dying gay world.