Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

Wolfsheim posted:

Everyone always goes full twee or British butler or Whedon with talking magical swords and bracelets and such but has anyone ever tried going Werner Herzog with it

Jim Cummings hamming it up as the Terror Mask in the otherwise completely-unmemorable Splatterhouse reboot was the only thing about that game that was sort of fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
Does anybody else have an issue with their Dualsense on PS4 games where after a while the "rumble" starts feeling really rough and wobbly? Restarting the Dualsense seems to fix it right away, I've noticed it on PS4 games in the past but I'm really noticing it in GoW where it rumbles every time you sprint.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

ShoogaSlim posted:

yall want more FPS games but arent invoking the proper hypothetical reality where a studio reverts to making their good FPS franchise:

Killzone

I miss the mode from Killzone 2 (I never played 3 or Shadows Fall so I don't know if it survived) where it would switch every minute or so between different objective modes and TDM.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
If it was remotely humid in my house my psvr would fog up constantly from my hot hot face

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Is this new booster making people fell worse than the first one? I’ve had pretty much no side effects from the vaccine or first booster

Anecdotally, my arm hurt like a bitch and I felt vaguely fever-ish the next day, but nothing that made me stay home or anything like that. This was the Pfizer bivalent booster and my second booster after the initial two-shot.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
They will drop the Witcher 3 PS5 patch on the same day that God of War comes out.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

I said come in! posted:

When GoW18 first released, I thought it was actually a pretty boring game and didn’t like it. But then I tried it again two years later and fell in love with it. Game finally clicked. So I am beyond hyped for Ragnarok.

I just re-played it in preparation for Ragnarok and the combat in it is just so fun. I think what tripped me up the first time I played it was that I was coming off of a lot of DMC and while it has some similarities, it doesn't play by some of the "rules" that most games of that type follow so it can feel kind of muddy and unresponsive. This time I think I was better at coming at it on its own terms and I enjoyed it enough to do all the (optional boss spoiler) Valkyries again just for fun.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

Oxxidation posted:

god of war gradually makes my ps5 controller rattle whenever it rumbles like it's coming apart inside. i looked it up on reddit and this can be fixed by...turning the controller off and on again

i do not understand today's technology

It did this to me too, it seems like the way the haptics "emulate" PS4's rumble is bad and something God of War in particular does makes it feel like poo poo.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

abelwingnut posted:

is that metadata snippet just some seo thing to get google's attention or something more significant?

just give me a way to play sh1 and sh2 on a modern console, that's all i care about.

This is sh3, the best one, erasure

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

bows1 posted:

upgrade his stun arrows first, that really helps especially with those annoying flying elves. Elfheim is the absolute worst area in the whole game, so power through it. Another tip, if you use your fists instead of an axe, you build up stun quickly on regular enemies and then you can finish them off instantly.

Also just play on normal, its the best.

I was going to say some version of this-- if enemies feel tanky and you aren't super underleveled (or underequipped I guess since that's how the game determines your "level"), try abusing the "stun" system. Most enemies that can soak a lot of damage from the axe are never more than 3 blue arrows and a few punches away from being stunned for an instant kill.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

acksplode posted:

Maybe it'll be compatible with the cheap back button attachment that Sony will announce 5 minutes after I receive my controller

I don't want to wish for anything bad like this to happen to you and yet...

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

VideoGames posted:

Also I am getting the Klonoa duology for my Birthday next month :)

Speaking of this, how did this end up? I remember being a little put off by the change in art style but I'd love to re-play these if it ended not being a huge issue.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
Did a dumb thing last week and beat my head against some optional content in Ragnarok that I was way underleveled for. On the plus side when I beat it finally I did so by perfecting it which made me feel cool!

The combat in Ragnarok feels a lot more consistent than GoW18. There were a lot of times in 18 where I'd get smacked by something and feel like the game was bullshitting me but I never felt like that in Ragnarok

Optional boss spoilers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jecT82QLSmI

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

haveblue posted:

I can never remember to block those ground energy bursts because it makes no sense that that would work, it's just too counterintuitive to stay in my brain

It's the one move that consistently caught me out across every single one of those fights, it's really brain-breaking for some reason

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

Nuts and Gum posted:

drat that sucks. I suppose the next best thing is buying physical and reselling. I’m just so damned lazy I never end up selling anything.

How are the haptics on the NFS: Unbound? Turns out I love this poo poo, but already played through a bunch on xbone via a 10 hr ea trial. I’d rather not start from scratch, but dem triggers…

The haptics are fine, I'm not sure it would be worth switching systems for but you feel things like gear changes and stuff like that, and I think it keeps the triggers a little stiff so there's some resistance on braking.

I do want to ask you though since I haven't seen anybody else mention Unbound-- how the gently caress do you drive in it? I'm still in the prologue but I can't figure out the drifting at all. As soon as I can roll my own car I'll probably try to build for grip instead of drift but I feel like I can't figure out the handling model at all.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
I have a hard time with the 30 fps modes in a lot of games (I try not to be nitpicky but in something like Ragnarok I tried 30 fps mode for about 20 minutes before I switched it to performance and never looked back), but the DF video of Witcher 3's ray tracing mode made it look so insanely better that I'm really going to give it my best shot.

What's weird is that I played all the way through GoW18 and Witcher 3 at ~30 fps once upon a time, I don't know if something broke my brain or maybe my TV is just really bad at 30 fps content?

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
Man, I really gave ray tracing mode on Witcher 3 a fair try but performance mode just feels so much better. It's still no slouch visually either-- I still feel like I'm missing out a little bit though

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
Can you guys confirm for me what I already know, which is that I can't just give Sony $20-$30 to buy Ridge Racer 2 unless it's in the form of an upgrade to Plus Premium?

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

Tirade posted:

Bloodborne remaster pls

12 hours is too short

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
I found a PSVR at Target on clearance for $100 and bought it, and then while I was using it my rabbit ran up and bit through the HDMI cable and I never repaired it or investigated repairing it beyond maybe posting about it here and seeing that Sony would repair it for way more than I originally paid for it. This has been my PSVR story.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

ErrEff posted:

Your rabbit sounds like a badass.

She was trying to save me from puking from Doom VR

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

Hector Delgado posted:

After seeing Sony ad trophies for Jumping Flash!, I'm hopeful for some Ridge Racer 2 ones.

Sony just let me buy Ridge Racer 2 separately I will give you $20 American dollars for it (which is coincidentally the price that comes up in the information Google culls from the PSN store page where you can't actually buy it). I'm not such a giant stick in the mud about just ponying up for Premium, it's just that I already own or am not interested in most of the current catalog, I really just want Ridge Racer.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

Vintersorg posted:

Someone please make San Francisco Rush but with Gran Turismo graphics. PLEASE.

This and Ridge Racer, if you'd told me 15 years ago that we would go two generations of Playstation consoles with no Ridge Racer I would have accused you of bullshitting me

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
I am embarrassed to admit that in spite of purchasing RE4 multiple times I've never actually beaten it. Is it worth trying to crank through it sometime in the next month or should I just wait for the remake at this point?

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
I have never beaten Bloodborne for some reason but I have played half of it like 10 times and always basically with the same-ish build at that point in the game, and it's wild how inconsistent my experience with Gascoigne was across different playthroughs. I would say about half the time I would drop him the first attempt with no issue, and the other half of the time I would beat my head against him for hours. It almost made me wonder if there was some kind of background difficulty adjustment going on like Godhand or something.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
Instead of making Suicide Squad Rocksteady should have spent all their time releasing a 60 fps patch for Arkham Knight on PS5 because I tried to play it and it feels really bad.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

Bioshuffle posted:

I didn't think this would be as big of an issue, but after banging through some games at 40 and 60fps, I'm finding it really difficult to readjust to games that play at 30fps. I've been trying to play the Mafia remake, and every little action feels so slow and laggy I'm probably going to end up uninstalling.

I've really struggled with this this generation and I know some of it is just from getting used to 60 fps games but I don't think that's the whole story. 30 fps games just feel awful in a way that actively fucks me up while I'm trying to play them.

I got a new (admittedly budget, a TCL 6 series) TV around the time I got the PS5 and I almost wonder if it's worse at displaying 30 fps content than my old 1080p TV was. I need to hook my PS5 up in the office to the old TV and just try it as an experiment. I can understand that 30 fps will feel worse, but I don't think "worse" is supposed to mean "unplayable."

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
So the FFXVI stuff is giving me The Fever and I remembered I never played XV despite having played every single other FF game. How necessary is it to watch Kingsglaive or whatever before playing it because I don't really feel like it and you can't make me

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
Cool, thanks for all the stuff about Kingsglaive and FFXV. The game was so divisive when it came out that I just never got around to it but I'm guardedly excited to play it now that there's some years and post-release support between me and the negative buzz about it.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

incorporeal posted:

I remember a handful of people saying they ordered the dualsense edge, how you liking it after some time with it? How's the dpad on the controller feel, same as the normal controllers?

I am really liking mine! I am not currently playing any games that I would make heavy use of the back paddles with, but both sets of paddles are comfortable and feel natural to use. Everything that disassembles clicks together very satisfyingly and it seems structurally sound. My only complaint is that I feel like the haptics on the triggers are significantly louder on my Edge than they were on my old Dualsense, but that's completely anecdotal and I don't know if it applies to all of them or just my particular set of controllers.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
I meant to include this in my first post about the Edge but: I wish it came with more stick toppers. I would like to put the taller stick on the right but it only comes with tall dome sticks and I've really grown to prefer the concave sticks.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

Mean Baby posted:

I’d recommend unlocking being able to play as the bros as well as getting to off-road car as soon as you can.

Thanks for this! I generally try to avoid those like "10 things you should know before you start _________" listicles but after only putting 2 or 3 hours into FFXV last night it feels like a game where looking at one of them might be worthwhile. I've been dumping all my AP into the "get AP for doing things" skills because it feels like getting those right from the start might pay off in the long-term. I'm hoping that's not a mistake because they're pretty pricey for the early game.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

EightFlyingCars posted:

fallen order sucks because instead of a dark souls ripoff it instead shoulda been a devil may cry ripoff

I would also accept a Force Ghost of Tsushima game that plays like lethal mode but with more dismemberment.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

Arist posted:

I thought I had drift when I played Deathloop but I think that was just an issue with that game's menus

I thought I was getting drift in Witcher 3 but I think the world map controls in that game must have like 0 deadzone because I've never had it happen in any other game or during Witcher 3's actual gameplay for that matter

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

Morpheus posted:

Yeah Ghostwire is a very by-the-numbers game, but it does that in a pretty good way. Combat is a little mundane, but exploring Shibuya is really cool, with lots of detail and variety in the area. I especially liked going into, like, small homes to investigate some yokai or something, it got me sorta wondering what kind of job it is to put all these little touches into a space to make it seem more real. The only part of the game I really disliked was just the grind at the end, but that was for completion and not particularly necessary.

It really was a loving grind though. They could have had 60% of the little ghost nodes and it still would have been too many. I had been picking up every one I saw organically for the entirety of the game and when I sat down to try to get them all I realized I still would have had several hours worth of work to do and I just kind of petered out.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
I apparently suck at RE4 Remake because I am dying constantly on standard basically all the time. Still having fun though!

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

Vikar Jerome posted:

yeah you can buy each of the shadowrun games for like 3 quid each or all 3 for 8 quid and 3 quid for dragonfall is a steal. tho 3 quid for returns is overcharging you. :colbert:

How are the ports of these? I remember hearing very bad things, like, "my save is unfinishable" bad things

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

Oscar Wild posted:

I think I'm going to play through FF15 before 16. Good idea or great idea?

I was playing through it until I got distracted by RE4-- I've enjoyed it a lot so far, it's a very strange game but it's definitely worth playing. It's definitely interesting to play it now after all the post-release support it got because you can definitely feel where they were like "hey we heard this was annoying as gently caress to deal with so here's a DLC item that will let you ignore the annoying thing altogether"

If you do play it I would recommend trying to not have gamer brain about sidequests and hunts. I tend to clear sidequests as they appear before moving the main quest forward in games, and I am now massively overleveled, it's almost like the main quest expects you to not do anything else at all.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

exquisite tea posted:

PS5 with DLSS.

PS5 with DSLs :biglips:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
Has anybody had a chance to boot any of the pixel remasters yet? I've been itching to replay FF6 but I was a little worried about how Insanely Bright some screenshots of the PC version looked and was wondering if they tinkered with it at all for the console versions.