Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

thiccabod posted:

Was it the previous PS5 thread where people were talking about Dead Rising a couple days back? Because 1, 2 and Off The Record are all currently on sale on the US PSN store for $6 each

Those 3 are very good games and well worth $6 each. 1 is hard as hell but 2 eases up a bit and off the record is really just if you like Frank West as a protagonist and want more DR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Franchescanado posted:

I tried playing 2 recently and it stressed me out. It ramps up the difficulty pretty quickly with the time limits. I did everything in the original on 360, but I've never been able to find my stride in the series since.

Really? I always found 2 to be much easier than the first one in general but I can totally see why you had trouble with it.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Wolfsheim posted:

Everyone always goes full twee or British butler or Whedon with talking magical swords and bracelets and such but has anyone ever tried going Werner Herzog with it

you might be joking but I would play the gently caress out a werner herzog game

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

I fully imagine a Werner Herzog game to be a meta commentary on why video games are a waste of time and that you should go outside and get in real fights instead of virtual ones

Edit: Or like Hideo Kojima but without the horniness and way more bleak and depressing

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Rageaholic posted:

Another real bummer of GTA San Andreas: the gang AI. I'm near the end of the game where you've gotta retake all these neighborhoods, and doing it solo really sucks, so I'm trying to use my gang members but they really suck too lol

I can run a 6 person gang, so I'll recruit a bunch of dudes but they either won't shoot the enemies at all or they'll all die instantly.

I'll be glad when I'm done with this game.

At least they work. In the new Saints Row game you get the ability to summon some gang members at will but they just spawn in and then stand there taking bullets. Pretty sure one becomes an enemy too.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Blind Rasputin posted:

Once you realize Sifu is just a long string of QTEs it’s no fun at all, and very easy.

you could say the same about fromsoft games too :thunk:

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

bloodychill posted:

I continue to not be interested in VR until it’s wireless, doesn’t look like crap, and also can be used for AR. So like, 10 years off.

If you have a good PC then the Quest 2 is wireless and you can stream it from your PC so it doesn't look like poo poo.

On another note, I built the skyscraper in the new Saints Row and sang Love Shack karaoke with my friends. It was very cute and made me smile but then it dragged on entirely too long. Decent game but not great. I'll platinum it when they fix the challenges not tracking. I literally have one trophy that should have popped but didn't.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

cubicle gangster posted:

Way too risky, people are too stupid. Look at what happened when a Spiderman trailer came out and there were fewer puddles (because it hadnt rained)
SO much promising and fun seeming stuff gets cut during development for various reasons, especially on these massive projects where there's a bit of a 'throw poo poo at the wall and see what sticks' approach to using manpower at times, it would be a nightmare to constantly explain why things have gone. It's less of an issue with indie games because they have to make more careful decisions and mostly try to avoid working on things that might get cut.

In the last 5 years we've seen more of a trend to withold materials as late as possible to avoid this, you'd never convince a developer that going in the opposite direction is a good idea. Everyone in the industry is pushing for even shorter PR cycles.

hype is both a gift and a curse

I remember people freaking out about the puddles in the Watch Dogs 1 trailer and then getting pissed off that they weren't the same in the final version. IIRC on the PC version you just had to change a 0 to a 1 in the config to enable that level of graphics.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

As an aside to Ubisoft and GTA chat, Digital Happines just announced their newest game: Graveless! For the majority of you who have no idea who they are, they're a tiny Indonesian game studio that made the Dreadout series, a very strange Fatal Frame like game that had some serious heart where it lacked budget. It's a janky series but it's full of Indonesian ghosts which I personally have never seen in media so it was super interesting and terrifying seeing these unpredictable ghosts. Some were funny, some were sad, some were downright terrifying! Anyways, Graveless just got announced with a very barebones trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2eL3Eo7bnY

It's gonna be janky as hell and probably not the best gameplay, more than likely very generic than outright bad, but the monster design is going to be sick as hell and there's going to be heart and charm in this game, I guarantee it. It'll probably be cheap too as they're a budget studio and price their stuff accordingly. I plan on picking it up when it comes out.

Edit: LinkedIn says they have about 11-50 employees total. Probably on the lower end of that.

Cowman fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Sep 19, 2022

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Kilometers Davis posted:

https://youtu.be/1QwGFN6dvoI

lmao I did not expect the narrator of this trailer to be that guy

They knew what they were doing

the perfect voice for trailers. I want that game just because of that voice

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

speaking of the management game in LAD here's a protip:

The chicken is stupid overpowered and it's also extremely funny.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Vikar Jerome posted:

The chicken, monkey, roomba and the grandma are GOAT and will murder the panel no problem

never got those but drat what a good sounding team

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Jelly posted:

My God, please let this be as good as it looks.

Wreckreation is ex-Criterion employees who worked on Burnout so it's gonna be a great racer at least. Hopefully a great game but the racing will be solid.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Casnorf posted:

have you met undertale weirdos

let me tell you about this little known game called undertale...

*3000 page screed*

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

can't wait for the remake of returnal, game's gonna look so good

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Vikar Jerome posted:

The full sony leak list https://i.imgur.com/J2tnlrG.png

Ocean from kojima is death stranding 2 btw

Two survival horrors and a lot of gas.

No bloodborne lol. Lmao

oh sick we are getting the returnal remaster

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Yea I remember back when I played Dead Space I ended up using the cutter for the whole game. Not because I was trying to optimize it or break it or anything like that, rather I just found it to be the most fun way to kill enemies :shrug:

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Escobarbarian posted:

I’m gonna get one

Good.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

SubponticatePoster posted:

Was it BotS or Bulletproof that had a dedicated swears button? More games need one of those.

BotS had the dedicated swearing button

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

This looks neat when I can see it. It's way too loving dark to be playable or fun from the looks of it.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

CAR CRASH CRACKERS posted:

Still truckin' along through my backlog.

Just started Shadow of the Collossus and.... this loving horse.
Why does it feel so slow to ride? :psyduck:
Why does it keep barrelling past me when I just want it to gently caress off?!
Why does it ignore me when I *do* loving call for it?!?
Goddamnit I don't like horses in real life, why you gotta have such a realistic one game?!?!
Hope this rear end in a top hat gets Neverending Storied by the end :reject:

Anyway, question(s) for the thread: is there a reason to collect lizard tails and fruit?
I pick them up but as far as I can tell I don't have an inventory, so I'm inclined to believe they don't mean squat.
I also picked up something glowing gold near a waterfall, what was that? The game didn't give me any feedback on it.

The horse is actually too well programmed. You're probably used to horses that are basically extensions of your main character and control roughly the same. In SotC the Horse is intelligent and requires very little direction. The more you try to control it the worse it'll be. Just point it in the right direction and go, it'll make the minor corrections you need and will work just fine. It's extremely different than any horse in any other game so you need to stop treating it like it's just another horse. Control it as little as possible and you'll find that you'll fall in love with it pretty quickly.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Sakurazuka posted:

Can't wait for Konami to announce some SH games then cancel them six months later

6 months? They'll probably cancel it right after the announcement

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

acksplode posted:

Nope you're in the right here. Anyone winding up to take a kick at the football deserves to have it pulled away at this point. I'll get excited about a new SH after I read reviews and after I'm already playing it. Desperate IP necromancy by a talent-depleted Konami isn't good conditions for making a good game.

They're gonna gently caress it up. Emulate the ps2 original on xbox

Yea seriously, SH2 is a phenomenal game that you can emulate pretty well, Konami/Bloober's gonna gently caress it up big time and ruin the nuances of the story and everything about it. Play the original and almost certainly ignore the remake.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Escobarbarian posted:

I’ll at least wait until reviews eventually come out. I’m hardly champing at the bit to play a PS2 game

Honestly, watch a longplay of it or something. The story is phenomenal but the actual gameplay sucks. Bloober will probably make the gameplay not suck but in turn make the story absolutely terrible.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Bloober team will probably make the point of their remake that rape is good, james should be killed for his sexual hangups and Mary was a bitch who deserved everything that happened to her.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

A great Youtuber I watch called John Wolfe got to play an early build of Dead Space. Here's the video, it's about 45 minutes (all of Chapter 3) of raw gameplay. He's a legit youtuber, he does the Youtube face doing clips of actual reaction during the video because of the Youtube algorithm, but his reactions are legit and he's pretty honest about games (probably softer on sponsored videos though for obvious reasons).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLF8eAlUXUg

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Palmtree Panic posted:

Never played a Silent Hill game before but all these years of rumors & "leaks" has me interested.

Got a PS4 after they pulled the P.T. demo unfortunately.

don't get your hopes up, Konami hasn't made a good silent hill game since silent hill 4 and that was 20 years ago and there's at least 4 games between now and then that were worse than the previous game.

Silent Hill is a dead series being strung up like a pinata :(

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

bloober team's idea of scary:

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

haveblue posted:

The TLOU TV show is secretly the Bloodborne TV show. At the end of the third episode Joel and Ellie get eaten by werewolves

you joke but I would love a Bloodborne TV show. I'm a sucker for cosmic horror

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

it means more platinum involvement in Nier games

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

I liked FF7R but I also would have really liked a straight remaster where it's FF7 but with some QoL improvements and updated graphics.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Vikar Jerome posted:

Do u have a pc

Yea I do, I take it there's some mods for the FF7 PC release that I should check out?

Edit: Speaking of RE4 it's $8 on the PSN store right now. You can buy it and 5 for $8 apiece. There's technically a 3 pack of 4,5,6 but 6 isn't worth the $4 extra you'd pay.

Cowman fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Oct 21, 2022

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Vikar Jerome posted:

Yeah from proper translation, detailed chibi models, fmv model replacement, high resolution tweaked ai background upscaling that looks incredible and even one that adds new stuff in with correct context, like an enhanced edition, i think its called new threat, full screen battles. Widescreen

Sick, I'll have to look those up whenever I play FF7 again. Thanks for the info!

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

univbee posted:

Correction on my previous Silent Hill post, I had completely missed that there were PC releases of 2-4. 4 is even on GOG. For 2 there's both a non-DC and a DC version. I don't think 2, 2DC or 3 were ever available digitally though. In any case these are probably your best bet if you don't have an actual PS2 + discs to play.

2 is considered abandonware so you can download the DC for free. There's also an "Enhanced Edition," whose servers are currently hosed, that you'd want to download as it makes it playable on modern PCs. It's a royal pain in the rear end though and it's stupid that Konami hasn't done anything to make them playable on modern consoles.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Edith Finch is a good game that just wants to tell you a story, that's it. I quite liked it and thought it was very well done in presentation and story but there's not much reason to replay it unless you've forgotten the story and want to hear it again.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Vikar Jerome posted:

sick. Wonder if they'll cancel it again like last time around witcher 2 time lol.

Gotta keep this poo poo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPTS4TF1ygU

(Lol @ anyone who played witcher 1 in top down mode lol)

I'm the maniac who not only liked the isometric mode, I preferred it and I hope they have it as an option in the remake (They totally won't :( )

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Casnorf posted:

how much of your data cap does playing online games take

all of it

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Feels Villeneuve posted:

wasnt there a mod for witcher 3 which started a Gwent game any time you hit an enemy

yes

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

the medium is pretty disgusting and terrible, don't play it

https://twitter.com/bobvids/status/1356295962524835840

Cowman fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Oct 27, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow