Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
Using my Ps5 to play Factions, a ten year old game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

Anybody played Metal: Hellsinger yet? Everyone was all hyped about it but apparently forgot it came out two days ago

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

Just got a PS app notification about the dual expense controller but no release date still. Boo

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

Cod is fun! I wish there was more in the two maps to show off the gameplay changes. The sort of shoulder cam view when watching teammates when you’ve died is very cool.

Plus FOV SLIDER :nsa:

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

Tirade posted:

Second Sekiro update: I suck at this game. I get that each boss tries to teach you something eg Lady Butterfly taught me to learn which of her moves allowed get a counter hit in and which I'd have to just block, the blazing bull taught me that attacks you wouldn't expect to be able to parry can be parried, that dude before Genichiro taught me to dodge left but hosed if I know what Genichiro is teaching me beyond "git gud lol".

I'll give it a few more goes but I've had a dozen attempts and have got to his final stage once. I even watched a video to see what to do and I've got no idea how to hit the intensity enough to stagger him, I'm always the one that needs to back off due to poorly timed parries.

Looking back on it I think Genny is there to teach you to stand your ground and memorise his moves. No unnecessary running or spamming dodge. Just walk up to him like you’re the terminator. Remember blocking negates all damage so it might be worth blocking until a move comes along where you know you can parry

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

I stopped Hades from ruining more of my life but brute forcing the Platinum as quickly as possible. Never had to play it after that again.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

Gonna riot if this doesn’t come to Piss5 or PissVR2

https://twitter.com/pcgamer/status/1572372646012260353?s=21

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

Thinkin bout being Hard in space now :prepop:

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

Does hard in space have proper multiplayer? I’d buy it right now if it does

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

Vikar Jerome posted:

Dark souls 2, what else

:stoked:

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

VideoGames posted:

I installed Stable-Diffusion (image AI stuff) and wrote:

"Kirby the pink ball as a summon from Final Fantasy X"

And this was one of the creations :)

Hey Veeg I have two new avatars for you :)

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

VideoGames posted:

Not sure I can watch the TV show. We do not get HBOmax in the UK.

You’ll be able to watch it on sky or at 144p on NowTV

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

VideoGames posted:

I do not have SkyTV or Now TV. Not really wanting to help Rupert Murdoch out.
I hope the series is good for those who watch it :)

Sorry Veeg you live in Ingland the moment you wake up you’ve personally enriched Murdoch with more child’s blood and imported Tim tams

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

First shot: Asstrazenic - worst I’d felt in ten years until I got actual covid months later. Horrible chills and muscle pain/spams for two full days

Second and third was just a very sore arm and tiredness. Got my fourth on thursday :yeah:

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

VideoGames posted:

It has been recommended to me so many times. Just one of 100 games I have got on my list of things. I really do need a schedule to keep me playing things. It is so weird. I lose focus so easily, even when loving something to bits.

Then play it next u fucker

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

VideoGames posted:

Would it be a dull streaming game? I genuinely do not know. I know part of the fun is my reactions to things but it feels like a lengthy dialogue game is not quite as funny as watching me try to jump between platforms in super mario 64 rainbow ride, or avoid birds in FFX.

Sorry, Inscryption is next. I promised :)

:dukedoge:
OKay that's fine

But when it comes to 'is it a boring streaming game':
1) the game itself is funny
2) you will hecan'tkeepgettingawaywithit.gif your way through most of it which itself will be a spectacle and
3) also completely forget what you're doing and invent characters/storylines/motivations all on your own, again giving the viewer much to laugh about

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

ShoogaSlim posted:

Pulse stuff

Well you twisted my arm so I just bought a pair. I also need a backup pair anyway, but hopefully I won’t sound like I have the world’s worst cold when I play Factions anymore
(Unless I do sound like that)

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

:yeah:

Although 99% of what I listen to is from souls games.

I’m hoping the sound quality on my incoming Pulse is up to scratch! I have a paid of DT 990s but after two and a bit years the sound’s started cutting out when the cable is in the wrong place. It’s fine for the laptop for some reason where I may have to twiddle it every hour or so but is unbearable on the DualSense when I have sound crackling or cutting out in one ear every two and a half seconds.

Also playing Tunic which I’m enjoying more than Death’s door, although it doesn’t feel quite as responsive. I’m trying not to look up anything about it but it seems even more opaque than all the from games put together.

In other news I got my Moderna booster and feel only a bit poo poo rather than incredible poo poo.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

VideoGames posted:

My 10 most favourite video game soundtracks are (not in top ten order):

Tomb Raider Anniversary

:stare:

Deus Ex: Human Revolution is right there Veeg

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

The disco Elysium soundtrack is great in game but I did try to listen to it on YouTube absent context and it just doesn’t work. Also @BP good choice on the mirror’s edge soundtrack that rocked.

Shout out to Majora’s mask for having one of the best soundtracks of all time.

I was suddenly struck by how Nintendo’s soundtracks have gone way down the drain ever since Mario’s music turned into that weird incessant BWAH-ing and Zelda adopted free form Jazz. Go back!!

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

JollyBoyJohn posted:

The vidjagame song that puts the biggest smile on my face is buck bumble from the n64s theme

Mods please close this thread

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

Absolutely sucks about the Disco people but they’ll have no problem either making their own company or being invested in by another (hopefully with a bit of due diligence for their intentions). Allegedly the sequel is still well on the way, and I would assume there’ll be quite a few gently caress you’s to their apparently dreadfully criminal investors hidden in it.
It is all, however, extremely thematically appropriate.

Giving Overwatch a go on it’s last day. I used to play it every loving day for like two years then I suddenly stopped and can’t really remember why. It might be good for the Tourist crew to try overwatch 2 this week if anyone’s interested? (????)

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

I’m watching the Veeg Inscryption stream after the fact because he’s been playing the final fantasy graphical excel plug in for what feels like seven months and then moved on to the next game way after his bed time so I wasn’t prepared.

Already some good moments:

- gets almost instakilled by a bear and says “okay that’s fine”
- is told to go get the thing by the safe, immediately looks at the safe, and says “I don’t know what that is”
- is generally not paying a lot of attention to the rules and library, leading him to invent his own rules, which is equal parts frustrating and funny
-lvg says “you won’t die in the next five minutes” exactly five minutes before the stream ends

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

VideoGames posted:

In my defense, I had just played 7 and a half hours straight of FFX including the end and my mind was still in that frame of reference for video gaming. The whole experience was amazing and I am glad.

Also card games are not my forte. There is going to be a LOT of me putting the wrong thing down or misunderstanding, based on how a few of my slay the spire runs have gone. But also, I live by my own rules - you know this ;)

It'll be fun to watch your own first few goes again once you've beaten the game, because it'll look like some sort of mad idiot man throwing cards in the bin and down slits in the floorboards and needlessly gouging your teeth out in comparison. Slay the Spire is a huge guilty pleasure but I would say quite a bit (a lot) harder, although it will feel like you're making progress faster than Inscryption

AMA slay the spire weirdo

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

I also thought I just “wasn’t good” at deck games but fundamentally, apart from the mental arithmetic there’s not too much difference between balancing damage types in souls games or picking the exact attachments for a gun in COD. Maybe that last one is a stretch.

But ironclad is solid fun - and probably the easiest to win with, if you go all in on block

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

Hold on while I quickly resume my match of Factions, a game playable only on the PS5

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

veni veni veni posted:

Pretty sure it's also playable on PS3 and PS4

only on the PS5

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

Guillermus posted:

Question for PS5 owners that use it horizontal. Is your cat often laying on top?

This is why mine isn't horizontal. Vertical however, they're constantly scratching their little chins on it and pressing the disc eject button

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

History Comes Inside! posted:

Lol if you ever play your gaming portables anywhere except the sofa, in bed, or on the shitter

In the past two years my switch has been used exclusively on planes. But then I saw Slay the Spire was available on the iphone so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

Escobarbarian posted:

But which is the better one to take to the toilet

Just lol if you don’t have a spare Piss5 set up in your bathroom

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

History Comes Inside! posted:

My switch has never been docked youre all playing it wrong

I used the HDMI for my work monitor so the dock is even dustier than the switch. Probably inoperable at this stage

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

VideoGames posted:

…and Act 2 boss on my first without really figuring out how I did it.

???? How many times do I have to bring out the gif old man?

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

oh hey, Lego Bricktales is out on every platform today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gj9OlhwFu2Q

I always get tempted by stuff like this and then stop playing after five minutes and never go back to it again

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

People should be able to play compoopter games without phone, unless it is a phone game (not real gaming)

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

fridge corn posted:

The official frodge corn playstion rankings is as follows

Ps5
Ps1
Ps4
Ps2
Ps3

Mine is

PS5
PS4

Honourable mention:
PS3

Trash:
Ps1
Ps2

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

VideoGames posted:

:basks in the glow of the best way to control characters as shown by my SM64 rainbow ride ride:

Just saw ur stream

I'm gonna kill you

But first I'll have to settle for Factions.

Also you should do like a quick hour one go stream of Slay the Spire, it'd be fun to play through with chat

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I remember every day because it was the best game released this year and probably ever.

Imagine not sitting down on December 12th or whatever and coming to the conclusion that no game came even remotely close to the almighty triumph that was Elden Ring, this year at the very least.

You can’t, it’s impossible. Unless you have spiders on the brain making you believe some nonsense interchangeable final fantasy game came out this year and that it wasn’t garbage

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

Escobarbarian posted:

https://blog.playstation.com/2022/10/18/dualsense-edge-wireless-controller-for-ps5-launches-globally-on-january-26/

Xbox elite controller 2 (not core) is £160. DualSense Edge is £210. Sony what are you loving DOING

How FUCKIN MUCH

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

VideoGames posted:

lmaoing at £210 for a controller. Wow. That is ridiculous.

Veeg do an unboxing stream

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

If any of those six hundred Silent Hill announcements bear a game that gets more than a 40% metacritic rating I will finally try one (and turn it off in shuddering, snotting, making GBS threads fear in ten minutes)