Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

As someone with an (old) bartender's license I'd like to volunteer to serve up your mixed drinks of choice on Dynamic Island!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Data Graham posted:

Just when we get MagSafe back on the MBPs we have to lose it again? Are you serious

e: or do they not count as "mobile devices"?

I'm going to hold onto my MagSafe MBP for a long, long time.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Good. Finally - it's been way too freaking long with Lightning.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

LionArcher posted:

I was dreading buying a new phone this year (have an SE 2, and while it's fine, I wanted more camera's, and I wanted better battery life) and was debating between the mini 13 and just getting a Pro something. Then, my wonderful girlfriend rocking a 11 Pro Max with 87% battery life decided she wants a new phone, and is getting her screen replaced (minor crack) with insurance, and is giving it to me for free. Hell yeah. 87% battery life too. I can rock that thing for a least a few years I figure with updates, and use the money from the trade in to cover a sick Apple leather case.

Edit, the Apple leather folio cases for the pro max 11 are on sale from $129 down to $22 on amazon. I grabbed one cause why not.

Nice dude, congrats. 11 Pro Max is still a hell of a phone imo and will definitely last you a few years. It's going to be a massive user experience for you versus your SE 2.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I do think you guys overstate the battery percentage. It's really not that big of a deal, and even then, replacing the battery isn't that expensive.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

ManSedan posted:

I'm going to keep using my 13 Mini until it crumbles to dust in my hands. This is the perfect phone.

At this point I'd be surprised if the next SE wasn't in a Mini frame.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Inner Light posted:

You guys complain a lot lol. iPhone's sentence / word autocomplete is pretty clearly the best in the business or close to it. Is it perfect, nope. But it's kept me in the ecosystem like all the other nice little touches.

As someone who used both recently this is absolutely not true. Google 's Swype/ autocorrect, on an Android device, is significantly more accurate. There are a ton of things where iOS is superior, but this is not one of them. The iOS keyboard is not great.

Edit: For some reason GBoard sucks on iOS too. I'm guessing it's a permission / privacy thing.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Ihmemies posted:

Are you natural born idiots or did you have to study to be one?

You are aware that you're posting on somethingawful.com yes?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Y'all are pretty broke brained if you honestly care about green vs. blue crap. You aren't teenagers.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I don't want to get my hopes up...but it's basically a lock the 15's gonna have USB-C right? Right??

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

6 year old me was all about the iC.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

It does feel like the most whatever Pro model in quite some time.

Massive upgrade for the base.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I don't know why Apple doesn't have Face and Touch ID. Throw it on the power button.