Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fourwood
Sep 9, 2001

Damn I'll bring them to their knees.

Binary Badger posted:

According to people testing with the iOS 16.1 beta, the iPhone 11, 12 mini, and 13 mini will get their numeric battery percentage back in the status bar when 16.1 finishes testing.
It’s pretty amazing how Apple squeezes this level of innovation into even minor point releases.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fourwood
Sep 9, 2001

American McGay posted:

Set it up as new device and just use it. Download stuff when you decide you need it. Free yourself of these binds.
Actually don’t do this, use your precious time in better ways.

fourwood
Sep 9, 2001

withak posted:

How long before the camera bump is big enough that it actually makes the phone lie at a comfortable angle for reading when you set it down on a table?
I think the Pixel like is gonna get there first (if the 6 Pro isn’t already?)

fourwood
Sep 9, 2001

Ugh they gotta not make me want a 14 Pro. (Click through to the image if it’s not obvious.)
https://twitter.com/halidecamera/status/1571209773303070721

fourwood
Sep 9, 2001

So does the 14 Pro not have an Apple Watch-esque "night stand mode"? Seems like AoD is the perfect time for them to add some kind of nighttime info screen/clock instead of just turning the screen off entirely.

fourwood
Sep 9, 2001

Inner Light posted:

See I caught it! gently caress you Tim!!!

(shot on an iPhone 13 Pro, I still can't bring myself to upgrade to 14 Pro when the benefits are soooooo marginal, even though on the Upgrade Program it's almost hurting myself not to upgrade)

e: It appears I fixed it by rebooting the phone, not happening anymore :)

e2: nevermind still happening :(
It does a thing like this for the 3D Portrait effect thing too. The background starts out black for a split second and fades in, while the cutout subject is visible immediately. It’s weirdly annoying.

fourwood
Sep 9, 2001

FCKGW posted:

AOD, for Apple anyways, required a display that can drop to 1hz to be able to hit the battery life they want in the battery size they have. They only put that display in the 13 Pro, and even then it o it dropped to 10hz.
Yeah, it seems like this, basically, but combined with apparently Apple had no desire to go for an Android-esque AOD experience where it’s just all black with a few choice features like clock+notification icons or whatever.

fourwood
Sep 9, 2001

ThermoPhysical posted:

Speaking of the camera on the 14 Pro / Pro Max, is the camera supposed to go blurry if you turn macro mode off?
If you’re within like 8” of whatever you’re trying to focus on then yes absolutely. (Unless something is special about the 14 Pro that I’m not aware of.)

fourwood
Sep 9, 2001

Rinkles posted:

Do people like FaceID? Does it work reliably on a phone? I have it in my iPad Pro and though it works a lot of the time, it fails way too often for my taste.
FaceID is great and I wouldn’t want to go back to a TouchID only phone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fourwood
Sep 9, 2001

Yeah in my experience you can’t turn it down all the way on calls. I get that it’s somewhat illogical to want to do so but I wish you could, too.